1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education The weight loss thread

Discussion in 'General' started by mansueto, 25 Feb 2013.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

this is you then..

01/01/2016 was 89Kgs /196.211
    23/12/2016 80kgs. /176.37
    03/02/2016: 79Kgs /174.165lb

I remember hearing the following stat.

80% of weight loss is through carbon dioxide from the lungs.
    If you are going to high altitude and exerting, this would have to be a good change to shave off a good few pounds? Be safe and know your routes?
    :thumb:

2. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Apres ski Cheesecake. :D

3. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

[​IMG]
    The spike on the 1st Feb? That right there is a pizza after work and its effect the next morning.

thin blue line (dots) are measurements I try to take first thing in morning.

down from 234 to 220 in a month or so,

Know a good weekend eating pattern, or ideally add fasting to your weekly schedule coupled with your fav protein drink.

Weight loss is a trend, learn what keeping same weight, adding, and losing is, the difference in food in work out deal.

To lose weight you need to burn more calories than you take in, get your 10k steps in a day. You will drop weight as much as you want.

I have gone through four big packs of PHD so time to order some more.

205!
    50 push ups non stop
    10 chin ups non stop.
    these are some nice side goals!

Last edited: 12 Feb 2017
  4. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

16th of March 2013 was my last post in this thread.
    Was 17 and a half stone, give or take.

Admittedly, it's 4 years later, but in the last year and a half I appear to be a much sleeker 15 stone 9 :)

5. killingit

killingit What's a Dremel?

I originally weighed 240lbs and I made a commitment to myself that I will do whatever it takes to lose weight. I've tried a couple of diets and they all start out good, only for me to fail the next few months. I decided to ditch these diet plans and what I adopted was the "macronutrient" diet. Basically, so long as I eat the right macronutrients every day (vegetables, meat, carbs, fat, and some fruits), I continually lose weight.

Also, I consider some cheat meals on weekends. Cheat meals are different from cheat days because cheat meals are, well, just a meal or two of the favorite foods you would like to eat. After 2 years of dieting, I am now enjoying my new weight at 155 lbs and I continue to lose weight. Also, resistance training is way better than cardio in terms of weight loss as more muscle would mean better metabolism.

6. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but that's a third of your body weight you've lost, so well done you. How much more do you intend to lose?

7. bagman

bagman Minimodder

Yeah Austria was insane. The views were incredible and and the Apres was bonkers. The Mosser Wirt was good but the Krazy Kangaruh was mental.

I put on 2kgs in 1 week, but I lost 1 kgs in 1 week, and lost a further 0.5 kgs the week after. So this week I hope to back to 79Kgs.

The reason I gained so much weight was due to cooked breakfast, burger lunch, and 3 course meal for dinner and lots of Beers and Jagerbombs in between.

8. killingit

killingit What's a Dremel?

I am more of maintaining my body weight now.:) I am trying to build more muscle. Currently only 8% body fat and I am hoping to drop it down to about 5 or 6%.:)

9. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

So i go from one extreme to the other apparently

Sitting on my computer nearly 24/7 to a fitness nut

Currently weigh 95.9kg at 5.6 (puts me in the heavyweight category)

My 8 coffees a day with 2 sugars have strictly changed to Green Tea (with no milk, no sugar), My litre of soda a day has changed into orange/apple juice (not as much), My diet now strictly consist of fish, fruit, and pasta, My sitting at the computer has changed into either bike riding or going out for runs. I’ve also joined a boxing gym (which i love),

My plan is to be able to do 2000 press ups daily, 500 situps daily, lots of shrugs to build these shoulders and a 10 mile run each day.

I can currently do 30 press ups, 30 sit ups, and run for nonestop for 0.5 miles.

My aim is to get fit obviously (so i can keep up with the kids on bike rides when they get a bit older for that family time) and when i reach my target to perhaps get in the ring.

10. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

WOW:clap: YOU GO!! You have set some high goals!!WTG:clap::clap::clap::clap:

11. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Down 10lbs (5kg) in just over 2 weeks with a ketogenic diet. Dropped under the 100kg barrier again and I won't be going back!

Gym and muay thai back on the menu.

12. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

When I quit smoking, I also started powerlifting.

I'm in the gym 4 times a week now, 2 times with a personal trainer and 2 times on my own.

definitely not under 100kg at the moment :D

My body shape is changing a bit (only on week 4) but I've not lost very much weight.

I can't help myself eating chocolate still on the weekend. I don't know what it is in KG but I went under 18 stone last weekend, which is nice. I'm now 17st9 and 6"1. 44" chest, 38" waist.

As today is a gym day, i'm about to eat my third meal, of rice + tuna + onion + spinach, lucky guy!

13. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Scratch that, 14.9 :D

14. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

93.3KG but i'm also weight training which is putting on muscle so yeah xD

15. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Fell off the wagon well and truly when my second daughter came along, so it's back on the calorie-counting app coupled with exercise (roughly 30 minutes of moderate stationary-biking each morning for a 300-calorie burn, which I can do with my desk in a low-standing position and still be working at the same time, plus a bit of chucking a pair of dumbbells around for a few minutes).

1,500 calorie daily target, 50:30:20 carbs:fat:protein split. Currently 93.3kg and a slightly uncomfortable 36" waist, so we'll see where we go to from here.

EDIT: Oh, and this time I've got my watch to help out!

[​IMG]

Last edited: 4 May 2017
  17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

So. I think I'd kinda let things go a little over the last 6-12 months...

I'd been planning to start eating properly for a while, but about a month ago my other half asked me to start going to Slimming World with her. I dislike plans like Slimming World, Weight Watchers, et al, but she wanted the support so I'm willing to swallow my pride for her. I'm still highly cynical about it: they don't tell you why you should eat certain foods and not eat others (basically boils down to "eat low calorie density food, cut right down on fats and sugars"), they don't explain why something is a "syn" (seems to be fats & sugars, and some farty-sounding nonsense about "how filling it is"), and they still can't give me a reasonable answer as to why I should count blended fruit as "syns" when the same quantity of fruit would be "free" if I ate it raw. Oh and apparently Huel, of which I still have over 1.5kg, is 20 "syns" for 1x100g serving, more if you add fruit and stuff. The usual guideline for "syns" is 5-15 a day (or up to 25 for me since I'm such a fat *******). Bull-f***ing-s**t. 1x100g serving of Huel is 400kcals, and if you have nothing but Huel (which would not be pleasant) then they recommend 5x100 servings per day. There is no f**ing way on this earth that 2000kcal should equate to 100 "syns".

On the whole it does promote good healthy eating advice, but I will forever remain cynical about Slimming World.

My first weigh-in I was 24st 5lb (341lb - for reference I'm 6'3"). I knew things had got out of hand, but that's nearly 21lb more than the last time I got on the scales :eeek:. In three weeks of eating properly - and this includes having a dominos one week and at least 4 pints at weekends - I'd lost 18.5lbs (there was one week where I lost bugger all, but I think that was due to being ill and having a stomach bug for half of the week). Since Monday my scales reckon I've lost another 5lbs.

We haven't really changed what we normally would buy. There's a lot less frozen "shove it in the oven" stuff, but that's about it really. What we're not doing any more however is getting a takeaway a couple of times a week, or getting a pizza at the supermarket because we've been shopping and I can't be arsed to cook, or buying crappy unhealthy lunches in work.

I calculated my TDEE at just under 3,100 calories, and I've been sticking to about 1,900 to 2,000 a day since then (minus the odd Friday on the beer, that usually takes me closer to 3,500!). I knew the weight was going to fall off to begin with, but I never expected it to go that fast. I'm trying not to think of this as "going on a diet" because that's a surefire way for me to put weight back on: I'm changing my eating and lifestyle habits. Once I get a dozen or so more pounds off, or the weight loss starts to plateau, I'm going to get my arse back in a gym.

That's pretty, which watch is it? Not that I'm in the market to replace my Fitbit Surge any time soon...

18. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Pebble Time, but don't buy one; the company went bust trying to make a successor with heart-rate monitor. Fitbit bought its assets, funnily enough, and is keeping the back-end stuff running for now but is likely to start turning the lights off next year.

19. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Update,

Jan 4th, 192Lbs
    May 5th, 193Lbs

That is not weight loss :duh:

plans failed massively mixture of ill health and depression. Now to find a wagon somewhere...

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

No, I hadn't planned to replace my Surge any time soon; I was just curious, as the screen looks pretty. I heard about Pebble going under and being bought out by Fitbit...