1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

One of the plugins was making everything else throw a hissy fit. It's all sorted now, just took way longer than it should have.

2. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Lost the backplate to my H100i. Bugger.

Could use an H50i for the GPU as well, but that's another paycheck away.

3. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Lousy mood.

Got charged twice at the local co-op.

Router to replace my knackered one has gone AOL in shipping as my corner shop denies they have it though DPD has marked as dropped off.

Lame.

4. RedFlames

With or without the funky-ass dial-up noises? Did you get a free CD coaster with it?

[Guessing you meant to type AWOL]

5. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Pesky W key.

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Rear brake on my motorbike appears to have seized, or at least won't release properly. Long story short, my winter maintenance hasn't exactly been top notch. If the lever isn't just gunked up (drum brake - it will release if I pull the lever back) then it's going to have to go in for repair somewhere; I rely on it too much to bugger something up by attempting to do it myself (plus I have neither the parts, time, or skills to attempt to repair it).

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Don't diss the funky-ads dial-up noises. They're the music of my twenties. :)

8. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Kick off the paperwork and see what happens, I've not noticed anything in the criteria that says it excludes EU citizens*, because why would there be?

*I have been sifting through the process for naturalising, though I may have entirely glossed over anything EU related, as it's not applicable to me.

9. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Assuming this is in a professional environment I always detested this notion by IT that business emails can just be deleted. Sure migration is a pain, but deletion is not always possible.

At my last job IT decided to migrate from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Outlook. To make the process easier they decided they'll just delete everything, "give everyone the opportunity to cut old baggage and start anew". Unfortunately for them there are laws here, as there will be in the UK, on how long one has to keep invoices and business correspondence. Treating a professional email account just like a personal one was an insulting notion frankly.

Full disclosure: I had more than ten gigabytes worth of data over several archives that were not to be migrated. No choice though, the digital archive wasn't up to standard at that point.

That migration was fun. :rolleyes:

10. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Don't wanna wait on my case to get here. Want it now.

11. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

my partner is so selfish, yeah i'll just use my hair dryer full-pelt at 00:38 when we have paper thin walls and good neighbors... pfffttt is it really that hard to think about other people for a second? =/

12. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Follow up report...

Got the new screen in :clap:

... but it's not the same as the first one I bought, doesn't have any inputs aside from Analog :wallbash:

...So, figuring I had nothing to lose, I opened the new one up and yanked the panel out of it and swapped it with the broken panel on the first one i bought which has HDMI inputs :dremel:

13. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

14. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Doesn't that belong in the demote thread?

Quitting your job and spending it on crap will make you depressed. People need something to give their lives meaning. I'd invest it if I won the lottery. Property development perhaps.

15. RedFlames

overclocking my pc...

it's not the overclocking that's ruining my life... more the reason i'm doing it... the think the overclocking is providing a distraction from is what's making life crap.

16. RedFlames

...well that was disappointing. Couldn't push it as far as i'd hoped.

17. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

What do you think is holding it back, cooling, VRMs or just a bad chip? I had a 8320 that refused to overclock in a Gigabyte board without being unstable as hell but clocked very well in, on paper, a lesser ASRock board.

18. RedFlames

Dunno, but amount of fiddling would get it go past 3.6.

It was never gonna set records, or fix the many many other problems with the PC, but was still hoping for more from it.

Ah well, back to reality... Oh god... it's horrible...

19. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Do you wanna try a different CPU? I just remembered I've got an 8 core AMD chip in a PC doing sod all at the moment but I can't remember what the model number is. Happy to do a swap if you want? I don't need to overclock it so it may have untapped potential. I'll go dig it out if your interested.

20. RedFlames

Nah it's ok, that would mean faffing around with a motherboard change and whatnot... none of which i can afford.

But it was an afternoon's worth of distraction.