1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

On a related note: I made a thing

[​IMG]

At the moment I'm using my mate's old IPV v2 mod. It does the job, but it only reads resistance to 1 decimal place and getting the cover off to replace the battery requires a screwdriver (I don't trust the built-in charging circuit). Toyed with the idea of making my own mod back when the DNA40 was new; I didn't have a 3D printer back then, but I do now and DNA75 boards are ridiculously cheap!

Nice mod :). I didn't even know cells that size were a thing. Is there a mechanism to lock off the fire button?

2. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Nope.

3. jrs77

jrs77 Modder

Last edited: 2 Jan 2018
  4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It looks like the button on both of those is quite recessed; it's certainly a simpler solution than a locking mechanism.

I do enjoy the simplicity of a mechanical mod. I still have my HCigar Nemesis clone from 2/3 years ago (with the magnet mod), but it always seems to take time to "warm up".

5. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Anyone played with Arctic Fox custom firmware yet? I've been running it on my RX200S for a week now and it's given it a new lease of life. So much customisation!! You can essentially build your own firmware with the supplied software. Create custom power curves, custom coil preheating for ultra low builds - it's amazing.

Supported devices:

Joyetech:
    eVic VTC Mini
    eVic VTC Dual
    eVic VTwo Mini
    eVic VTwo
    eVic AIO
    eVic Basic
    eGrip II / Light
    Cuboid Mini
    Cuboid
    Cuboid 200

Wismec:
    Presa TC75W
    Presa TC100W
    Reuleaux RX75
    Reuleaux RXmini
    Reuleaux RX200
    Reuleaux RX200S
    Reuleaux RX2/3
    Reuleaux RX300
    VF Lite
    VF Stout
    VF Classic
    BV Centurion
    La Petite Box

Eleaf:
    Aster
    iStick Pico 75W
    iStick Pico Mega 80W
    iStick Pico Dual
    iStick TC100W
    iStick TC200W
    iStick iPower 80W

If you have any of these devices, have a try of Arctic Fox. It's only a ROM flash and completely reversible - but I bet you don't go back once you've tried it.

It's one firmware to suit all the above list, as they all use the same chipset, so just download the latest ROM from the link below and the accompanying NFE Toolbox software suite...

Software link & Guide: https://github.com/maelstrom2001/ArcticFox
    Firmware link: https://github.com/maelstrom2001/ArcticFox/releases

6. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I'm returning to vaping after about four or five years. Hardware's moved on a lot since I quit so I'm totally out of touch with it all. Likewise liquids, shops etc.

Anyway, I've already purchased a mod, a Joyetech VTwo Mini and a couple of Kanger tanks, but I'd like to get an RDA for trying different flavours and wondered if anyone can offer some suggestions. I'd like 22mm and I can't afford to spend much on one (I've already gone way over budget already). I don't need a fancy deck, I'm perfectly happy with a basic build, but I would like a three-piece design (two-piece top section) and support for standard 510 drip tips.

I'm yet to read up on building so any advice on wire types, gauges, suppliers etc. would also be much appreciated. My focus is on low cost and ease of use, and I care more about the flavour than producing massive clouds.

That looks interesting. My VTwo Mini should be delivered in the morning, I'll certainly check it out:thumb:

7. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Looking for a 22mm RDA? I recently got a SXK clone of the Hadaly RDA and its glorious. wonderfully built and interesting clamping system. Im currently running it with a SS fused clapton and its been great, also 510 driptips fit in it.

As for an update from myself, well I finally got the Dadeleus coil jig and ive been happly been building 2 and 3 core fused claptons with 316L SS and its been great. It's been so nice not to be buying pre made coils and just using my own.

As for devices, well I also got my Lostvape SKar and its been great, the performance has been awesome but i still need a 26650 battery from it but DNA Scribe software is really not user friendly for noobs, however it's nice to know my device will be supported for a long time.

As for future wants, well im seriously want a Wotofo Troll RTA or Alpine RTA but again i want to be happy with what I currently have :hehe:

8. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I've ordered a Wotofo Sapor after watching a few review videos and shopping around, it looks like a good cheap option. Amazon seems to be the cheapest place to get some Kanthal wire (25m 28AWG for £2.50 and 26AWG £2.25), and I'm looking at the MUJI cotton on there too. Has anyone here used that cotton?

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I'm thinking of going back to an Aerotank with the single coils (black pack).

I'm covered from head to foot in a rash which I am beginning to think is being caused by PG. It's kinda like eczema but I've never really had that before. Also I am going through liquid far faster (1.8ohm dual coil) and feel nauseous and thirsty every time I vape.

So yeah, next time I order I think I am going to switch to a higher VG and go back to a single coil atomiser.

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Where do you all get your liquids from these days? I've been buying from my local bricks & mortar, but as much as I like the store there must be a better/cheaper option out there.

Yeah, used it for a while. The new fad seems to be "cotton bacon" (whatever the hell that is), but MUJI-style organic cotton pads work just fine for me.

11. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I went for this in the end, it's pretty cheap and seems to be quite popular: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000TCD51A

As for juice, I just placed an order here: http://www.onepoundeliquid.com

I'd expect it to be awful at that price but the reviews I found for the site all seem pretty positive so I decided to give them a shot. If it's decent I'm going to be very pleased.

12. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

I just buy the different bottle shots from Darkstar, I buy the 250ml Bottleshots and add 10ml of 72mg Nic(VG) and then top up with VG, its the simplest way of having cheap liquids i've found.

I tried the "cloud" range from onepound liquid and couldnt get on with the flavours at all

13. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I can't believe that on a forum dedicated to tinkering and hand crafting you are all still buying e-liquid.

DIY is soooo easy, it's only a couple of quid for 100ml + and you can make whatever recipe you fancy, at whatever strength and PG/VG ratio you like.

Mind you I rattle through about 120ml a week so unless some as yet unknown rich uncle dies and leaves me a small fortune I'll not be paying a premium for someone else to make it for me at this point!

Seriously, all you need is some PET bottles, micro scales, PG, VG, nic & a starting batch of concentrates and you'll be laughing all the way to the bank. Don't mess about with droppers or syringes - they are messy, fiddly and will put you off. For a £50-70 upfront investment you will be able to make at least a couple of litres of your favourite flavour profile(s).

Get over here and work out what you like the sound of the most, then have a pop at sourcing some of the concentrates. Or be adventurous and experiment. You can also buy some pre-made concentrates for a fraction of the price of the ready mixed e-liquids, avoiding any margin for error.

Seriously, if you are into vaping and burn through a fair bit of liquid you will save yourself a fortune.

14. Vault-Tec

10ml lasts me three days so I just cba. I get mine for a quid a bottle ATM on sale so yeah, happy with it.

15. Shirty

Fair enough. I wouldn't arse about making my own for that sort of volume. For contrast, my current tank holds 6ml and I usually burn through 60-100% of that in a single 'vape break'!

16. Vault-Tec

I would if I could but it just makes me feel really sick if I overdo it. Which is a shame, because the Lemon Meringue Pie and Rhubarb and custard are really nice.

17. Comrade Woody

Comrade Woody Obsolete

I know in the long run it's cheaper to go the DIY route but the up front cost on top of buying the mod, tank, RDA etc. rule it out for the time being. I'll get to it though if I stick with the vaping.

Bloody hell Nick, how many breaks are you having? That's a lot of juice to be getting through! What nicotine content do you use?

18. Shirty

Only 4 or 5 :worried: :D

I don't use nicotine any more, just enjoy the clouds.

I blame the TFV8 personally...

19. Vault-Tec

It could actually be the nicotine. I'm still on 18. Going to drop to 12 soon.

20. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

I tend to use 3mg with my Recoil in the house and out of the house I squonk 6mg with my Hadaly.

I want to try DIY but two things put me off:

I like to change flavours quite a lot so having a Litre of juice doesn't particularly appeal.

I cant try before I buy unless I buy a load of concentrates straight off, so you potentially end up with A LOT of juice that you don't like that much.

I tend to buy from DripDrop (£6 for 30ml) or Root Eliquid (£20 for 100ml)

Having said all this the TPD may encourage me to do it as I can't be arsed with piddly 10ml bottles.