1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware AMD Reveals Ryzen 7 CPU Lineup and Pricing

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 22 Feb 2017.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Nice, I hope that this is the turning point we have been wanting for AMD.

3. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

already some uk pre orders , swapping the $ for £ , which given exchange rate + vat is about right

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Last edited: 22 Feb 2017
  5. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Nice to finally see the 'launch', albeit not with independent reviews and benchmarks.

It's been good following the leaks and this does seem a truly good launch instead of a more bulldozer style launch. My hunch is that single core performance will 'disappoint' compared to the hype, but still be strong for its pricing.

I'm looking to do a new PC build fairly soon, although I was hoping to spend around ~£200 on a CPU so I'll be interested to hear information about Ryzen 3/5. Hopefully they won't lag too far behind.

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

7. Taua

Taua What's a Dremel?

Compelling prices. Intel CPU prices are utterly whacked to the point I've been turned away from even thinking about building with them, and the AMDs at this point are just not good enough, at all.

If they've gotten close enough IPC with double the fukken core count, and lower prices...everybody wins.

8. Vault-Tec

If you have been following the "leaked" benchmark results you would know this is a fast CPU. Especially when you try to catch it with a Intel 6 core.

TBH? if the "leaks" are true I have already seen a review. I've got all of the scores and figures I need. Plus I doubt AMD would claim 52% if it wasn't really 52% because they would get caught out immediately.

Basically? every single rumour and score and result would need to turn out to be BS for it to be BS.

And I can't see that happening. Every time there is a launch and we get rumours and leaks some of it at least always turns out to be correct.

Plus I'm with the many, I think these "leaks" are nothing of the sort and have all been sanctioned with AMD. For example, the slides we saw today for their presentation were "leaked" this morning (some guy with a camera) yet here they are this evening.

9. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

linus tech tips have a video of them benchmarking the demo machines - after checking all the settings (and complaining the intel machine has more ram) - yet amd wins out

10. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Yes I do definitely agree, and I've been pumped about the 'leaks' - which as you say have been sanctioned by AMD.

What I say in terms of 'disappoint' is purely compared to the hype, since I think now some people are expecting all Ryzen 7 CPUs to beat all Intel CPUs, even at single core and gaming benchmarks (when in reality, Intel will win out in some cases). I'm talking more of parts of the reddit.com/r/amd hype.

But yes, I agree overall - I'm expecting Ryzen to be really successful and finally bring competitive back to the market. I'm excited for it. :rock:

Last edited: 22 Feb 2017
  11. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

scan have identical prices up now

12. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

So the 1700 is duelling blows with the 7700K price wise [£320 and £330 respectively] and x370 boards seems to be around the same as a decent Z270 board [£150-ish].

For the SFF inclined you're gonna be disappointed right now as aside from a couple of B350 mATX boards, they're pretty much all ATX as suspected.

13. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Yeah, shame about the lack of mITX boards at launch. Means I'll be going with Intel again as I can't wait until Q3 for my new build.

14. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

ITX needs ondie GPU , which Ryzen doesn't feature as yet , that and the AM4 APU`s are currently system builder only

15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I'll wait to see what X299 offers [or doesn't], mainly as my need require *ALL THE RAM!* and then some.

Also gives Ryzen time to stabilise price/availability wise and any quirks that are likely to crop up will have been found and dealt with.

16. Vault-Tec

Typical. I would hazard a guess and say these are the gouge prices too. If the 1800x is less in £ than $ then why is the 1700 £329?

I reckon prices will drop. Especially when we get tray chips with no box or RGB heatsink etc. I mean those coolers are nice and all but no thanks.

17. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

The prices appear to be £10 less than the $pricing across the board($499/£489, $399/£389, $329/£319) Which tbh is far from gouge pricing and bang on the money once VAT is added after the conversion. Hopefully we see some cheaper OEM chips for us tinkerers though.

18. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Those are some very attractive prices indeed... Very much looking forward to seeing some independent reviews and final UK pricing / motherboard pricing

19. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Prices are nice, but not going to order until reviews confirm oc potential and AM4 boards bios maturity.

20. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I don't even consider £=$ pricing all that unfair these days. The dollar is only worth 25% more the the pound and the US prices are before tax. Like you say, if they hold the UK prices are effectively about the same as the US prices, which is actually a pleasant surprise.

Tags: Add Tags