1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Ryzen benchmark

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vault-Tec, 6 Feb 2017.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Told you it was bonkers dude !

I had a look at it after seeing Gibbo's post and couldn't believe how many VRMs there were.

Asrock have always done this with their Extreme 9 boards. They start out at Extreme 3 (4+2) and go up from there. Their high end boards are never cheap but usually massively over specced.

2. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

I quite like the look of the msi pro carbon x370, nice looking board but never had a msi board and don't know much about them

3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

More to do with principle than affordability to not spend that much on a Cpu for me, but years of exposure to Intel prices just makes the 1800x look sexy as hell, throw in an ASRock Taichi and 32GB Ram and still walk away with change compared to what a 6900k costs...

[​IMG]

(still going to wait for reviews before pulling the trigger just to be sure though)

4. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I would go for the MSI Titanium myself, but I don't know if it will be ready on launch. :D

5. Vault-Tec

Tom @ OC3D shows us around the CH6.

6. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

that is one fine looking motherboard

7. Vault-Tec

Yup it is absolutely friggin glorious. Ever since the CH4 Asus have absolutely nailed the Crosshair and it's always been a class leading board.

Maybe the Asrock will be slightly better as BINs improve and you can clock higher, but for right now the CH6 pretty much has it all.

8. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

My choice would be either the AsRock X370 Taichi

[​IMG]

or the MSI X370 XPOWER Gaming Titanium

[​IMG]

I've dropped on a Corsair Carbide 400c to possibly accommodate either at a later date :naughty:

9. Vault-Tec

The Titanium is nice but costs £ridicularse.

10. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Even with pricing etc. revealed I'm still glad I went with X99 for a number of reasons. I was very lucky to get 32GB of RAM for £140, and that shaved a good £100 off my total bill. I'm also fortunate to have gotten a good 5820K which will give me very high single thread performance at 4.6 or 4.7GHz, whichever I decide.

That being said, I'm very excited not only to see the reviews but to see some BTers venturing over to AMD territory and leveling the playing field a little. :)

11. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

just ordered the asus cfrosshair, couldnt resist it

12. Vault-Tec

Awesome.

Today I returned a headphone amp that had gone bad. Didn't cost that much, but leaves me with enough cash to possibly buy a 1700.

It's going to be a long hard week :D

13. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

^Face it dude... you're going to cave and you know it. :lol:

14. Vault-Tec

Nah I doubt it. Fancy some nice big bath towel/sheets etc. Plus it's almost Spring, which means that I will need a load of new clothes soon. During the winter we have no outside space, and drying racks for clothes are limited so they all go in the tumbler. Which within a few weeks wrecks them beyond recognition, especially like logos on Tshirts and stuff.

Yeah, not going for it yet.

15. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Even if you turn them inside out? I've got shirts with prints on that have lasted years.

16. Vault-Tec

Then they stick. Tried that :(

I bought this banging Armani tracksuit about two years ago. Like silk, but dark blue makes you look like a stealth assassin. Any way, one go in the washer was enough to take most of the logo off of the bottoms. Not worn it since, too scared !

17. dec

dec [blank space]

Mobo's these days look like they belong in an art gallery. Before long people will take custom images to print on PCB's or have design your own mobo editions. It looks great but its a shame the things sit cases all day. Although I'm sure someone will make an art gallery build.

The Ryzen hype train is in full swing even on this forum too.

18. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Really tempted myself but won't be buying just yer

1) my bosses Bro works at Amd, am asking if he can sort anything out cheaper

2) no bells and whistles it board just yet.

19. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Still patiently waiting for Benchmarks here... before I commit to anything.

My old computer is still plenty fast enough for the gaming that I do, but the itch to upgrade is getting stronger :D

20. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

My original plan was Ryzen 5 and a mini ITX build, but my original original plan was a Dec/Jan build and thus I wasn't going to wait until Q2 or possible later...

So I've pulled the trigger on a Ryzen 1700. :hip:

My current PC has 4 threads, 4 GB RAM and 1 GB VRAM. My new Ryzen build will have x4 of everything: 16 threads, 16 GB RAM and 4 GB VRAM (RX 480). Can't wait :)

I know I should wait for the independent reviews, but meh - my current rig is 7.5 years old so I'm overdue an upgrade. Ryzen 1700 will be a significant upgrade.