1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Ryzen benchmark

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vault-Tec, 6 Feb 2017.

1. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Haha I was thinking the same. AMD really have spared no expense when it comes to the Ryzen launch. For me, the nicest touch is putting the Ryzen logo on the CPU itself in big, bold letters. It reminds me a lot of GPU heatsinks - generally you never see them once they're installed, but damn do you want to buy one based on how it looks... :D

2. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Something for reference boys and girls -

[​IMG]

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

But then it'll have to make the Xeon platform more unique as most people buy it for the cores right now. However, Intel will be under pressure from up-to-64-core Ryzen server parts anyway...

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I thought the Naples stuff was 32c/64t - unless you're talking dual-CPU?

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Xeon gets you:
    Up to 14 extra cores
    Multi Socket Support
    ECC Support

So Intel can easily afford to give us +2 cores across the entire HEDT range.

And for the mainstream platform they can simply reverse the decision to threaten mainboard manufacturers over the "special" bios versions that already exist but can't be released that allow OCing the locked down stuff.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Sorry, 64T then. I read 64-something, somewhere.

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I think when AMD showed it it was in a red board with pcie4 and it was dual CPU. So yeah, would have been 64 cores.

8. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

9. fuus

fuus Misses Rep Bombs

Any hints as to what time the NDA lifts?

10. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

9am CT, so another 5 hours from now.

However, some lucky person got early delivery of their 1700X and posted results on reddit.

The CPU-Z multi thread bench result is quite ridiculous, given that the CPU is allegedly running at stock speed. My CPU gets around 13000 running at 4.6GHz, and despite the clock speed still loses to Ryzen in single thread performance.

11. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

It's been confirmed Ryzen is using indium solder.

Some real squeaky bum moments in the video.

I wonder if the 4 core Ryzen's will also use indium solder seeing as it has a smaller surface area, by the looks of them using two separate solder pads it should right?

Last edited: 2 Mar 2017
  12. gupsterg

gupsterg What's a Dremel?

1700 IMO.

Gibbo on OCuk posted some info where he stated with their in house testing a 1700 hit 4.0GHz, he believes a 1800X will hit 4.1-4.3GHz. He has not leaked any more info on OC'ability.

Personally 0.1-0.3GHz "potential" for bigger OC on a X CPU is not worth the extra cost. I also plan to ebay the Wraith Spire, I reckon I should net ~£30+ if sold on a FVF promo.

A non X CPU also has XFR, it's just +50MHz instead of +100MHz, but from AMD presentation slide you need X370 board, but you will still be able to manually OC CPU on other AM4 boards. My post with link to full AMD presentation on OCN.

13. Vault-Tec

Somebody did some testing and so forth on IPC and it came out about dead level with Skylake at the same clocks.

^ that. It's the enthusiast's chip.

14. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

If anyone's interest in buying Ryzen when the reviews/benchmarks release shortly - it looks like Amazon UK are out of stock. A bunch of people (myself including) pre-ordered there and were told they'd ship yesterday, only to receive an email from them at 2am today saying they don't have any stock.

After shopping around, Novatech have quite a few 1700 (20+ in stock) and 1700X (IIRC, 50+ in stock) CPUs in. They've since changed their page to hide the stock levels, but I ordered this morning and just had a dispatch notice. 'AWD-IT' (who I hadn't previously heard of) also apparently have stock.

AM4 motherboards are in much shorter supply however. Again Novatech have a couple in, as does Scan and OCUK. But in general there's not tonnes of motherboard choice/availability right now.

HTH.

15. Vault-Tec

Really looking forward to hearing from you guys once your stuff lands :)

16. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Roll on 1500 :thumb:

The interesting thing with the 1700 also is it has a 65W TDP...

17. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

18. Vault-Tec

Tom @ OC3D has an hour long video waiting. Off to make a cup of Rosie :)

19. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

TBH we already know what to expect, though it will be nice to see it done officially rather than through back channels.

20. Vault-Tec