1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

agree, one of the reasons i kinda wished i held out for little while. imho indie should do a heck of lot more to encourage indie devs to develop for thier system. out side of nintys titles there seems to be very little for the switch

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I really really really want a Switch, but I know that I only want it because it's a technologically impressive gadget. In reality I'd probably use it very rarely, like the PS Vita I used to have or the WiiU that's in my lounge...

3. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

for me it will depend on the games, my kids will play splatoon to death while i am personaly only waiting on the mario game tho the new zelda has turned my head. they way the joycons connect to the sides if only you stream pc games to it like my sons shield tablet and my shield tv box that would make it an awesome device.

4. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

I splashed out for one yesterday. I must admit, for some unknown reason, I have had massive buyer's remorse and I haven't even opened it. Its still in its bag in my car boot along with Zelda.

5. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

open it tbh, i was thinking back to amazon and order it again when splatoon comes out. but even with a game like 1-2 switch its i found my self liking it and now am getting zelda.

6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Amazed to be fair with it now debating getting three 140's to replace what are in the case now to be honest.

7. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

Most recent purchases, Yay for RC model stuff :D

Turnigy Graphene 4000mah 3s Lipo 65c
    2x 38mm Beryillium-copper propellers
    5mm to 4mm flex shaft coupler
    6x XT90 Battery Connector

8. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

The really are nice aren't they. I think it's bit like if they only made Ferraris in beige. People would end up liking (or at least accepting) the colour just because they associate it with Ferrari.

I also admire Noctua's bloody mindedness. We have decided our fans will be this colour and will remain this colour. You can imagine the conversation with marketing department:

Marketer: "Look, I know our fans are traditionally this colour but I think maybe we'd sell more if we changed the colour to something a bit more modern, and maybe added some coloured LEDs too...
    ...I'm fired, aren't I?"

Boss: "Yes"

:)

9. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Their attitude is possibly from the Austrian conservative approach: "Ve know best, Ja" - Good on them!

PML, when I read marketer sketch note; made my day, that has! :lol::lol::lol:

I can see a 9 series CPU cooler calling when my proposed ITX i5 upgrade runs hotter than hoped...

10. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Get it out of the box and give Zelda a go - its epic. :)

11. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

[​IMG]
    Rolleiflex Automat K4A (AKA Rolleiflex MX) with nice leather carry case and UV filter
    Was in a pretty sad state when I bought it, with a bad shutter, worn leatherette, broken mirror, foggy lenses and a jammed focusing mechanism, but I managed to patch it up.
    Now it's got new leatherette (from Aki-Asahi), a new mirror (marty1107), a new focusing screen (jinfinance) and a little new lens hood and it all works super smoothly again. Already shot some film with it and the automatic film loading mechanism works perfectly (which was a huge relief because I'm not sure I would've been able to fix that).

Not sure I like the jinfinance focusing screen TBH. It may be significantly brighter than the original but the fresnel surface is so visible it actuallly makes focusing a bit harder. It was by far the cheapest one I could find though.

Handles very nicely now. Really feels like a quality camera.

Last edited: 6 Mar 2017
  12. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Phanteks Evolv ITX

[​IMG]

MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC

[​IMG]

And a 7600K to pair with.

Need a smaller, more portable machine in the coming months, and just always wanted to build a mITX rig, so here we go!

13. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

Mario Bros. for the PlayChoice-10, completing my Mario Bros. series (Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, and Super Mario Bros. 3) for the machine while bringing me one step closer to the impossible goal of a complete PC10 collection. Hooray!

14. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Today there be toys!

Lapper:

[​IMG]

Dell XPS15 9560 with all of the specs:
    i7-7700HQ
    32GB DDR4-2400
    GTX 1050
    4K Touch IGZO
    1TB NVMe
    97 Whr Battery (whoop)
    Fingerprint reader

And for the desk...
    [​IMG]

Philips 328P6VJEB 32" 4K

Plus a TB3 to DP adaptor, because adaptors.

Will probably source a TB3 dock at some point, but there's not much selection at the moment, so sticking a pin in that one. I would have just ordered the Dell TB16 one with the laptop if they weren't taking the pish with the price of it (£430!)

15. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Wow that is a beast of a laptop. Should keep you going for a few years! :eeek:

16. Mister_Tad

Aye, should do the job for a while, it would take the availability of the same performance in an ultralight to tempt me to upgrade at any point before it starts falling to bits.

It's replacing two machines: The desktop which I don't find lacks performance, just portability obviously. The laptop (Lenovo T450S) is good for portability and light tasks on the go, but without a quad-core and 32GB, I can't justify using it as a daily driver.

I used a Lenovo W540 (IIRC) a couple years back for a few weeks as a trial, and whilst it was a beast for performance, the was ridiculoudly heavy the battery was probably more appropriately descirbed as a UPS! I didn't even realise until recently that a quad in a properly portable package was actually a thing, as it certainly wasn't last time I was laptop shopping.

17. veato

veato I should be working

A new drill. Since buying a house the requirements for something that can drill into brick has skyrocketed (my Bosch Drill-Driver is only any good for lightweight jobs) but I didn't want to spend a fortune on some big name tool. That's when I stumbled on Makita's MT range. It's cheaper than a friends Bosch I've been borrowing and whilst it doesn't look as fancy it has the important specs in all the right places. Feels like a bloody tank too.

[​IMG]

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Nice! :clap:

19. Mister_Tad

Red Makita? Now my whole world is upside down!

20. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

That is one thigh rubbing-grade Dell!