1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Oh cool man :hip:

At the price I am guessing you paid there's plenty of fun to be had there. In fact, I would even go as far as to say that unless you dig picking things up in VR and pretending to put them in boxes etc then the DK2 could well be enough to give you a damn good experience for the money paid. However, the shortcomings of VR are quite obvious even with the DK2.

There just isn't enough available tbh. Sure I haven't bought much (I want that eagle game but £40? come on now...)

Deffo prepare to be wowed though.

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I've already got a couple of compatible titles which I'm looking forward to trying out: Elite Dangerous, and Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. I also have Tabletop Simulator which would be awesome in VR, but that needs Touch controllers...

Definitely going to look at Dirt Rally though.

3. Vault-Tec

Yeah I saw that keep talking game. It looks like it would be stressful so I avoided it :D

Even if you just start a race in Dirt Rally, then just sit there looking around it's worth it haha. It got a bit juddery on me on certain stages, but did not make me feel sick which I was really surprised about because I do suffer from light sickness (flashing light through trees usually does enough to make my mouth start watering pre-puke if I am in the back of a car).

Make sure you check out Dear Angelica. It's absolutely mind blowing. There were points in that where I was sniffing and all sorts (the trails come right to your nose). So yeah, probably as a reaction thing I found that the best.

This is making me want to spend the 20 minutes or so tidying up and readying my desk for the natty little stand I bought.

4. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I can imagine how good Dirt Rally is in VR

Enjoy, you lucky barstewards.

5. Vault-Tec

Don't get me wrong it's not something you can play for hours at a time. I managed about two hours before my eyes started hurting. The graphics are like really low res (the interior of the car looks insanely real though).

More of a tech demo than something you could play all the way through. It's hard to see where you are going because of the lack of detail and with the light shining down on the road it just makes it even harder.

6. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Have you played Project CARS in vr? Thats a game I spent ages just looking around the cockpit when I first got a vive. Google Earth VR is also pretty neat, where I live is one of the places that Google has made 3D and the place looks like a model village when viewed at a certain height it's pretty cool.

7. Vault-Tec

Not yet no. I did try Doom 3 BFG earlier though with mixed results. It seems there are two VR mods for it. One of them looked stunning (res was lovely) but didn't work properly (when I moved it went into third person with the camera locked and my character just walked off to his death) and the other one is very low res like Dirt Rally and you can't increase it. Shame, because the second one has a horrible FOV too so it feels like your head is on the floor.

I might get Project Cars soon.

8. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

After a long, long space fest (Elite and Eve):

Horizon Zero Dawn - almost worth buying a PS3 for!

The Division (with DLC) - Just jumped back into it on PC, most enjoyable.

Ghost Recon Wildlands - more Ubisoft, ‘tis very pretty!

9. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Nearly finished Horizon Zero Dawn. Well be sad when I do finish it as I have loved every minute. Utterly jaw dropping visually and just fun to play.

Next on my list is Nier: Automata and then on to ME:Andromeda with a little bit of Destiny on the side (VoG is coming back.....!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D)

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Same - looked wonderful.

Then I went round two corners and had to spend an hour sitting down outside to get over the nausea :sigh:

11. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

So VR is up to its old tricks then, Virtual Retching?

12. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

The only time I've felt nausea in PCARS was when I first tried it out in VR, I was letting the AI do the driving because I hadn't set up the wheel yet and just wanted to see what VR looked like. Not had any sickness whilst in control fortunately.

13. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm about 14 hours in and loving it, such a great game :)

I'm also playing Ghost Recon Wildlands on PC and I've got Zelda Breath of the Wild winging it way over to me for the Wii U.

Oh and then there's the new Mass Effect coming out shortly - too many games! :D

Last edited: 12 Mar 2017
  14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Elite Dangerous: VR and HOTAS has re-ignited my love for this game.

Lucky's Tale: I know, free with my DK2, but this little game is great fun.

15. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Shadows of Mordor was definitely a game I was pleasantly surprised by. I wasn't expecting great things (IMO, the only half-decent LotR game is Battle for Middle Earth II and even that has iffy bits) but I ended up sinking a surprising amount of time and effort into it. Got really into sneaking around causing havoc, then slipping quietly away again... :D :naughty:

16. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

It's a crossover RPG kind of thing between the Shin Magami Tensei series and Fire Emblem, exclusive to the Wii U. Damn it's so weeby, and I love it. The battle system is turn based but really nicely done, with combination attacks with other characters. It's really easy to do lots of damage and create these combos if you set up your attacks properly, so you have to think tactically with what character is next in line to move. Some of the fights are pretty hard after a certain point in the game, the ramp of difficulty just jumps suddenly. I don't dislike that, it's not expected.

The Visuals are exactly what you'd expect - Anime. It's a mix between an RPG and a Visual Novel, with the spoken dialogue in the vain of a traditional Japanese VN. Visuals are nice though, with a nice Aesthetic style. Good Voice acting, in Japanese at least.

17. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Played at least some Breath of the Wild every day since release day. Glorious.

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Played some Future Unfolding tonight with my son via GeForce game streaming to my Shield TV box. It's really nice and relaxing for a bit and using the TV is good to share with the boy.

Now downloading Dirt Rally again after a year absence because of the Shield/Streaming. It's like owning a console with GTX 1070 graphics. Really awesome.

Can't decide whether to drop US$55 on Mass Effect. Reading up on the first impressions now. EDIT: Noped out of that real fast.

Last edited by a moderator: 16 Mar 2017
  19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Tried out DiRT Rally in VR earlier.

Urk. Gonna hurl.

20. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Might be a little behind, but Assassins Creed Blackflag. Surprisingly enjoyable ship combat.