1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Hugely enjoyable!! I dont complete many games but i really loved this.

2. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

Bulletstorm

I've had it sat in my steam library for ages with no real intention of ever playing it. Well today I had a free day so fired it up.

It's been a long long time since I last sat and completed a game from start to finish in one sitting. 7 hours of silliness.

It's old, its crude, it needs Games for Windows Live, but it's a hell of a lot of fun. A. Hell. Of. A. Lot.

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

^A remastered edition (minus the awful GFWL) is due 7th April...

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Will need to get this as my copy I cannot play now that the GFWL is now defunct. I thought it was a little gem and really enjoyed it.

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Finally got around to finishing Battlefield1 I was waylaid by Resident Evil 7 twice and latterly a revisit to Overlord.

I liked abut it did not grip me, Battlefield and actually thought I would not finish it given the end boss type battle, destroy an armoured train but on the third go I found a way to beat it quite easily. I will probably play it again and get the final 10 manuals and look at what else Ii have missed.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

The Evil Within, a much underrated game, this is my second playthrough and far easier as you carry everything over.

7. afrasiab

afrasiab What's a Dremel?

I have completed Call of Duty 5 - World at war. The game is amazing and I have completed it in two days.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Deux Ex Mankind Divided.

Longer than I expected at 21 hrs. Took a little while to get into it and get the controls how I liked but after a few hours was very enjoyable, deep char development and good story. Did plenty of side missions too. Like DXHR though I'm never gonna play it again, though.

Just in time for Mass Effect Andromeda to drop this month aww yeaaaa

9. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I was a bit quicker than that (about 16 hours), but agree that I'll probably never play it again. I might, once all the DLC is out and it's on sale... but otherwise, nope.

Missed a few side missions because I seemed to fail them randomly.
    I accepted one mission, walked out of the place I'd been given it to go do it... only to be told I'd failed and was now on their hitlist. Joys. Another, I dumped a knocked-out body where I was told, and it never triggered the objective completion, to move on to the next bit.

I keep meaning to fire up Deus Ex: Revision. Got it installed on Steam, but there's something putting me off.

Finished my first play through of Warhammer: Total War as Dwarves. Did OK for the first bit, against Orcs and some incursions from the Vampire Counts... then Chaos swept down and that was that. Ouch.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I tried a second playthough but I was bored within an hour so gave up on it.

11. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

The best bit really is the 'tutorial' level. I've done that several different ways, but once into the 'hub' of the game, it just gets tedious.

12. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Fable 3 was the last game I remember completing.

13. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Replaying Deus Ex series, recent finished the second game.

14. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Mass Effect 3 (5th or 6th time)

It's getting to the point I can't remember how many times I've been through the game trilogy, but I'm done with it for good. It was nice to play through for the last time, but after that many playthroughs, I'm painfully aware of bad acting, awkward animations (which are recycles many, many times) and the BLOODY AWFUL ENDING.

Next weekend I intend to complete Titanfall 2 (I hear it's short, so have allotted Sunday for it) and then maybe XCOM , though I may hold fire on that until I've played through Mass Effect Andromeda.

15. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

GTA V (main story missions)

Finally finished this after uninstalling twice around 1/3 in.

First of all: what an incredible technical achievement. The attention to detail in the environment, props and audio is simply astounding. The graphics are also very impressive, I'm happy to sacrifice at least a dozen FPS for those tasty PCSS shadows.
    If there's one thing I'd still like to see improve, it would be for all in-game buildings to have an interior (maybe procedurally generated). It's probably a personal peeve but I find that knowing that all the buildings around you are just facades really detracts from the experience. It's a million times less jarring than, say, in Just Cause 2, but still... imagine how cool it would be to enter one of those skyscrapers, race a dirt bike around some high office floor, drive through a window, fly across the street and break through a window on the other side.

In contrast to this incredible production quality it's surprising (or maybe not) that the gameplay itself is rather basic and uninspired. When you strip away the pretty god rays, reflections and high-poly models what it boils down to is a pretty mediocre driving game and a less than mediocre shooter (though to be honest I dislike nearly all third person cover-based shooters) stitched together. Just like those building facades, it feels like there's very little depth to it. The "weightiness" of vehicles actually seems worse than in GTA IV.

The story is a bit meh. Everything feels rather inconsequential, there isn't any character growth (though one might argue that's the point) and in the end I didn't care about any of them at all. A little thing I found amusing is that often during cutscenes you can hear distant explosions from the city and no one bats an eye at it.
    I thought the obligatory torture mission was somewhat distasteful, but hated the forced "b-but actually torture's like a really bad thing, guys" justification monologue you get from Trevor afterwards. If you're going to put graphic torture in your game as a thinly-veiled attempt to create some controversy, at least commit to it and be honest. This felt a bit too "it's just a prank satire social commentary, bro!".

Though in the end what most people likely get this game for is messing around in a huge sandbox. It's fun to piss off NPCs and jump on their cars with your bike. It's fun to blow stuff up, cause a huge police chase and see cars turn into fireballs as you weave through oncoming traffic. It's fun to turn on first person mode and just walk around in a pretty environment (though the seams start to show when you stand still in a spot for too long). None of that feels very rewarding though in the end.
    It's a bit like eating crisps, it's tasty but afterwards you're not going to say "wow, that was a great meal".

TL;DR 7/10
    Technically impressive. Fun to mess around in.

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Rage.

Has to be one of my all time favourites. Lots of mindless killing.

17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Have you ever tried Dead Island? if not get the definitive edition, it's awesome.

18. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Dead Island and Dead Rising 3 both brilliant games.

19. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yup. Nearly finished DR3 as it goes. Managed to stick some cash by for when DR4 comes out (soon I hope :) )

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

DR4 is not getting very good reviews judging by the many I have read. Will wait until it has dropped in price. Have just bought Ghost Recon: Wildlands on OCUK so that will be my next game.