1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Anyone else excited about this? (Game of Thrones)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pookeyhead, 18 Jun 2010.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

There's only 13 episodes left - they've already planned the end-game. Season 7 will be 7 episodes, Season 8 will be 6.

2. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Just had my mind blown...It's a little bit 'out there', but it makes a surprising amount of thematic sense

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

tldr for those of us who dont want to watch 20+ mins of video?

4. VipersGratitude

It's actually just under an hour to watch all 3 videos in the series, but...

Daenerys is the daughter of Ned and Ashara Dayne (Dayne heiress?). Potential super-spoilers in the next block

She will be turned in to the Night Queen, bringing balance the unnatural, all-male, wight walkers; Fulfilling her vision of a blue winter rose repairing a crack in the wall in the house of the undying

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

An hour...?

[​IMG]

6. VipersGratitude

Yeah, but you don't actually watch videos like these, you treat them as radio and do something else, leaving them in the background

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I'm confused because I thought John was really Ned's and I'm expecting him to get on a dragon to fight the undead/WWs. But I guess Targarian's always intermarry so that's "OK".

The 2nd part is beyond my understanding of it. Maybe in the books if every they arrive. In the show I expect she'll carpet bomb them from on-dragon then go marry John.

8. VipersGratitude

John, in the show, has been 100% confirmed to be the son of
    Rhaegar Targayen & Lyanna Stark

This theory posits that Dany is the true white wolf, the true owner of ghost. All of Ned's children got a direwolf, while Theon Greyjoy didn't. Since John isn't Ned's son, perhaps Ghost truly belongs to someone else.

As for how it'll end, given GRRM's sensibilities I'm expecting it to end with the Westerosi equivalent of the Magna Carta which, in real life, replaced the Charter of the Forest.

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Oh YEA. Now I remember. It was the reason Robert went to war.

[/quote]

I see where it's going now. Reading up on Ashara, especially the quote from Dance of Dragons, she has Targarian blood in her then with the purple eyes.

10. VipersGratitude

Last edited: 2 Jun 2017
  11. VipersGratitude

Season 8 will likely be delayed until 2019 :wallbash:

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

[​IMG]

Milking it

Or, I hope they turn up the budgets.

13. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

I saw this on FB and was moderately amused by the reactions from some people - it's not so much that people are annoyed by the delays, but more that some people are annoyed at the perceived impatience of some fans. Sheesh - can't have an opinion these days!

I'm a bit gutted as it's already been quite a long wait and the anticipation has been building, however I don't think the delay will have a negative effect on the show itself. As Bindi says, maybe they'll deliver some serious cinematic stuff given the extra time (and presumably money) they have to put it together.

14. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

So come on then, who's watched it?

Great episode and seemed to maintain quality throughout, a few of the episodes last season were complete trash so this is a good start!

15. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Quite a lot to take in from an opening episode - very much a stage-setting episode, but it seemed to zoom by.

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Arya tho.... :D

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Mother Dany: "We're going to Westeros immediately and not another word, kids!"
    *get on ships. Dany stares into distance "...."
    *sail the oceans for weeks. Dany stares into distance "...."
    *arrive at Dragonstone. Dany stares onto the castle "...."
    *get onto the beach. Dany touches the sand "...."
    *walk all the way through to the cables. Dany "...."
    *walk into the castle, stare at the throne. Dany "...."
    *walk around the table. Dany "OK, NOW we can talk to each other"

18. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Really good first episode. The Starks seem to have become extremely confident and even ruthless. They're not kids anymore and they wield tremendous power. Arya's scene early on was pretty brilliant and her preparations for her revenge seem to be complete. Even if we all know it already, it's really showing how near the endgame is.

The Scene with Jorah was quite Harrowing and although short, you can see how he still cares for Daenerys even in his sorry state.

Also, I can't believe how much Isaac Wright (Bran's actor) has grown. I can see him becoming quite the imposing force - Since Season Six he's become like a Sage almost.

19. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Episode 4 - Holy sh!t. :grin:

20. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

No kidding. No ****ing kidding.