1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 8 Mar 2017.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah, but they're powerful enough to run an android.

2. -EVRE-

-EVRE- What's a Dremel?

I was disappointed to see that none of the AMD FX cpus made the benchmark comparison list. I have an 8350, a very popular AMD CPU. I know we would like to forget the FX CPU's ever existed.. but.. Its useful to know where we're coming from, to where we're going.

EVRE

3. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

I guess compare it to a i5 2500k as it's typically in line or slower then it (even high clocked i3 can beat it at times)

But I agree if bit-tech even still has a fx space heater in the office it been nice to see it

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It depends. If we're talking all 8 cores to the wall? the FX will beat the 2500k very easily. In fact, up until Skylake no I5 could beat an 8320 in fully threaded tests.

Let's face it, the Ryzen CPUs are the perfect choice for people who wish to use all of the CPU. Thus, it would have been nice to see Piledriver in among the benchmarks.

It's pretty much just a simple fact that Bit Tech shunned Bulldozer from launch and didn't really bother reviewing anything AMD made unless it was an APU for years.

Which is a shame, because the FX 6300 was a great mid range CPU, especially when pushed.

5. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

This is not turning out to be a good day...
    The delivery date on my Gigabyte board has now been updated to the 24th - unconfirmed. :wallbash:

6. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Well crap!
    Now it seems that Komplett finally has some X370 board in stock - the Crosshair VI. I really wanted the Gigabyte board, but now I'm torn ... should I get this one instead? It won't fit as nicely in my desk, and I don't really need over 9000 USB-ports, but I am getting a little desperate. Also it has those handy AM3 mounting holes...

7. Neutronman

Neutronman What's a Dremel?

All boards need better bios' currently. I've been playing with the MSI Carbon the last couple of days. It looks great, but only one bios (the shipping bios) released and this is not stable. Cant push my 3200 memory past 3000. Having said this I have been running a stable 4Ghz on my 1700 on all cores at 1.3875vcore. I kind of wish that I had bought the Gigabyte board as they have already released 4 bios revisions.

8. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Hm, I ordered 3200 RAM as well...
    Well, I suppose I've waited this long; I can wait another week for the board I actually want.

9. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

I can vouch for Gigabyte. I'm testing the Aorus AX370-Gaming 5 right now and it's lightyears ahead of the Asus Crosshair in terms of stability, and that's with the new 0902 BIOS too.

10. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

That certainly seems to be the consensus. My Asus board and its utilities and fairly buggy, but it sounds like Gigabyte are very organised with their releases.

Tags: Add Tags