1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EKWB launches drop-in rotary GPU water block terminal

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 23 Mar 2017.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Extortionate price for something requiring so little manufacturing...

But watercooling as a whole has probably doubled in price in the last decade. I remember when a DDC used to cost £35, now it's the best part of £50 before you even buy a top... Same with radiators, for the price I used to pay for a triple and 3 fans, you can get a double and, if you're lucky, a couple of fittings.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Having managed to buy a pump with ceramic bearings and shaft for £10 a few months ago and have it be perfectly reliable I would never pay up to £90 for one.

Some one gave me a dual bay res with what I think is a DDC. I thought at first "hey, bay has two pump mounts I'll order a second pump". Then I saw the price and said "OK, maybe I won't get a second pump".

My last loop cost me about £120, around the price of a decent AIO. However, it's much better than any AIO.

4. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Couldn't they just have made a terminal that's literally just two G1/4" threads and let people use whichever fittings they want?! I mean, what if you wanted a 45* fitting instead of a 90..

5. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

That's exactly what the block comes with as stock - and why it's so ridiculously overpriced. As the article says, fittings are £5 (ish) each, so you can do the same job for half the price...

EDIT:

If it was sold with 2 fittings included (though they would need a whole bunch of SKU's given all the standards), then it would be more stomachable, not by much though.

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

At one point I was getting Monsoon Chainguns for a tenner. That's a 4 pack, like. IIRC my pump was a tenner, rad cost me £40 on clearance (down from about £90, it's a posh one) then the CPU block was used from Fleabay for £25 and then hoses etc.

Definitely learned a lot of lessons doing rig 2. Saved myself a fortune.

7. spigs_rex

spigs_rex Minimodder

wow ...makes bits power look cheap haha, im surprised more people dont use barrow fittings, there very well priced and the quality seems very good ...used lots of the hardline push fittings and never had a leak (touch wood!)

8. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

When I said have it plain with threads, I meant having the threads at the same plane as the card, not perpedicular angle to the direction of the GPU.. (Aka fittings going on the "top", not the "side" of the card)

9. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Because the absolute majority of full cover gpu blocks are rip offs of one ancient design by Innovatek dating all the way back to the era of when we thought using aluminium in watercoolers was fine.

10. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

What a happy bunch.