1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Westminster attack.

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Yadda, 22 Mar 2017.

1. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Yes and I'm not disagreeing that a someone can bleed out very quickly if it's in the wrong place, like the femoral artery or other main supply in our limbs, however wouldn't even 30 seconds be enough time for someone to stem the flow from a stab wound, buying time.

Like i said I'm not trying to attribute blame, I'm just trying to understand why anti-stab vest + quick medical attention lead to a police officers death, do we even know if officers on duty at that gate wore anti-stab vests? Someone on another forum said they'd be wearing them in the future but that implies they didn't wear them, that can't be correct though can it?

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

When a femoral, brachial or carotid artery (none of which are covered by a stab vest) bleed, they bleed. I mean, fountain of blood stuff. Applying pressure to stem the bleeding doesn't quite cut it. It's every paramedic's nightmare.

3. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Presumably this bloke has approached the copper undetected and had a fairly free choice of where to target. Some stab vests don't cover the neck or much below the belly button, for instance, and even less round the sides of the body.

Ok, I may be borderline psychopathic, but what good is an 'emotional' reaction? Society would probably be a fair bit more palatable to some if it wasn't dominated by the use of simple emotional triggers to manipulate public opinion.

4. Nexxo

It is not unusual to respond to a remote tragedy that is really too big to result get one's head around with a certain level of detachment. It's too far away to process, so to speak. So nobody is being a psychopath here. :)

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I suspect, if our Police are as well funded as our Military, they probably didn't have them available to wear.

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

So cystisis are claiming it... but then again they'd claim a dog dropping it's guts if it got them the media attention...

7. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

When discussing with a colleague yesterday, I remarked how bad it was that with only one dead (as was reported at that time) and a few injured how little I was alarmed & appalled. We're so used to marketplace bombs in Baghdad that kill 50 people, or school shootings in the US that kill dozens at a time, that it is hard to get too hot under the collar over one (now five?) death(s).

We've always had some threats to face, both at home and abroad, but it does seem to me at least, that a certain level of carnage has been normalised. I should be a lot more shocked and appalled than I actually am. Caveat: my relatively safe location and my (apparent) sociopathic leanings(!) might be complicit in this.

Another thing that occurs to me is the impression that this incident has been welcomed (perhaps too strong a word) in certain quarters - that certain groups use these to feed their own bias and bigotry. Short of Diana being revived and then dying again, I don't think the Daily Mail could ask for any more. Doesn't matter that the culprit might be British-born, it 'woz clearly foreigners wot dun it!'

Worse still that yet another government will use this to overreach and try to put further constraints on our freedoms in the supposed pursuit of relief from these threats. I suggest that the fact that a car and a knife was used is testament to the efforts that law enforcement/security services are doing to head off worse attacks (with bombs/chemicals/automatic weapons) - not to be too complacent/smug though....

8. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Very predictable indeed, they had to claim it as it is the way to get everyone to live in abject fear of them to satisfy their power fantasies.

And of course our lovely government is certain to play right into their hands with even more surveillance and restrictions to further stoke the fire.

9. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I managed to cut an artery as a young teenager, in my lower arm, when I fell through a glass door after tripping on a door mat. I have a 12 inch scar almost the length of my forearm. I'd flatlined several times before getting to hospital. The only real memory I have of the incident is inspecting the damage straight after I'd fell through the door and the artery hanging out of my arm, jiggling in rhythm with my heart, spraying blood with each heart beat. My mum's neighbours cleaned the house before my mum got home from the hospital and the blood had got everywhere, ceilings the lot. The doctors had prepared my mum for losing me. My mum remembers the nurses removing my trainers and the blood pouring from them. I can fully understand how someone can die so quickly from an injury such as the officer sustained.

I watched the incident yesterday unfold on the TV and I felt bad for doing so after. It felt like cheap voyeurism and there were some things I wish I hadn't seen. I felt the same watching 911 unfold on the TV too. Some of the people were there with mobile phones, more concerned about getting footage than actually getting involved and helping. That's a worrying sign of the times for me.

I hope those who lost their lives rest in peace, my thoughts are with them and their families. :(

10. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

And the Irish are going 'pfft... amateurs...'

11. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

And I'm guessing there will be plenty of that for days to come, i get they have to cover the news but i wish they wouldn't do it in such a OMG fashion for days on end, all it does is add fule to the fire.

12. Nexxo

:eeek: Lucky escape there, dude! Yeah, that was either the radial or ulnar artery, which the brachial artery splits into as it goes past the elbow. Like I said, the human body is both stupidly vulnerable and stupidly resilient.

13. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

In fairness, that guy killed more people with a car and some knives than the Real IRA did that day with a bomb in Strabane

14. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

picked up how legit the guy was that did this, if a measure was possible infinity comes to mind. he was actually merciful in his own slaughter.

woke up around 4:30am this morning about this,

he was a scout party, a scout zombie for a huge mass behind, a horde of immense size, our peace is like the clean water (puddle) with an oil spill coming to land..

We had better be pulling that article 50... sht is about to get real on the continent, you don't want to be there.

Our solidarity in failing to put ground troops into Syria back in the day when requested is demonstrated.

its two worlds.. don't forget respect or know that.

Russia this or that, they are our friends, we have a very large mass of this planet In a disposition beyond your comprehension.

People don't understand or can afford the claim required to understand.

If a religion practises early death or suffering, it is a false practise.

far away and infinity are as meaningful as here and now and today, but why demonstrate extreme prejudice, it is against the grain, it is because some one is forcing some thing, you are forcing some thing for perverted means.

false religions when religion is true...
    false actions when dutiful concern is real.

read books, learn, help your local society, buy meals for persons less able than you.

humility in PROFIT, Jesus and Buddha name.

All these people trying to control some thing.... when freedom of love expression and learning no matter your ilk is the priroty of the day.

London is the best capital of the world and we have the best police force and people protecting it in the world. god bless you people so much we see you!!!

LOVE ENGLAND PEOPLE NO MATTER YOUR COLOUR OR RELEGION WE ARE DO GOODERS AND DO WELL EACH DAY.

15. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Nurse!
    He's woken up again.

16. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

London is the best city in the world, to live and breath her air every day is some thing special, we have the best security and police that money can buy and ethos of safe family entertainment of day afternoon and evening across all community's and peoples. Tourism and financial accuracy in the square mile and beyond a given.

In London we have meaningful history and dominion over transitional time periods (forex) global and respect for all peoples.

London has the clout to do nearly any thing at any measure or scale, compare that vs a zombie scout of a legion of idiots adhering to a false narrative of a once great man.

Last edited by a moderator: 24 Mar 2017
  17. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Rainbowbridge, please remember you're in the Serious sub. Pretty photographs, random YouTube videos, and incoherent ramblings are not Serious. Let's not fill this thread with nonsense like you have the US election one.

18. Nexxo

[​IMG]

Seriously, why hasn't rainbowbridge been banned yet? If I wanted to read mad, racist rants I would turn to the Daily Mail column of Katie Hopkins.

Last edited: 24 Mar 2017
  19. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

All these cuts to mental health services are really starting to show.

20. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder