1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hilliary vs. Trump: The 2016 US Presidental Election

Discussion in 'Serious' started by rainbowbridge, 27 Sep 2016.

1. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I remember people saying Trump will be fine because the senate and congress will keep him in check and others explaining how they have no say in foreign affairs.

As the saying goes old men start wars and young men die in them.

2. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

I wonder if congress actually knew about this `police action`

3. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

The whole thing is weird. US intelligence confirmed the gas attack was carried out by Syrian regime planes, but there's no information to indicate any special significance in the target or the timing. It's like I'm supposed to believe that Assad woke up that morning and randomly thought that it's been ages since he gassed some civilians. To achieve what? And Trump who had been against intervention all this time suddenly launches an attack without approval from Congress or the UN security council. It's just weird.

4. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Probably the gas was approaching its expiration date.
    Hillary gave a speech about russian involvement in US elections some time before. This attack buried the speech in the news.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

So in short summary:

Assad went full lunatic a couple years ago which gave the back then relatively small and badly defined Rebel groups the upper hand in public opinion and they used the whole Assad has gone full lunatic as a recruitment tool.

The whole thing dragged on for years with countless people killed and millions displaced.

Russia turned up and started supporting Assad as he was nearly done for and that has greatly extended the length of the conflict.

Now that the Rebels are almost done for America turns up and attacks Assad, potentially once again extending the length of the conflict.

And no one has any idea who should replace Assad if he was gone, because he didn't exactly allow for a credible political opposition to exist.

Meanwhile the fifth party in the conflict (ISIS) is laughing all the way to the bank as their enemies blow each other up.

And in Europe people are like: "Brown people are icky and have cooties, we should send them all home"

Except that home looks like this by now:

[​IMG]

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

What would someone gain from a false flag attack? As I said, there isn't even any credible political opposition to take over if Assad is gone...

7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

If we accept that very bleak goal as fact then yes, they are very much on the right path.

If however we are supposed to have some hope left for anything else then they are in process of making the whole thing a lot worse.

8. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

A bigger smoke screen, Trump needed this badly. If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would wonder if Putin sent those chemical bombs to land a hand to his friend Donald and get ride of good ol' Assad.

Last edited: 7 Apr 2017
  9. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Judging by the reaction from most Trump supporters and the rest of the world attacking Syria has done him no favors at all, Trump supporters now see him as a traitor and most other people seem to consider he's stirring up trouble by attacking another sovereign nation in the middle east.

10. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Moron does something stupid - not news.

People are surprised - this is news!

11. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

I've read from multiple sources that the gas wouldn't have affected the area it did if it was blown up in storage, it would have exploded.
    Besides: one does not simply store sarin in a shed.

EDIT:
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...cal-weapons-attack-what-we-know-khan-sheikhun
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...a-assad-claims-experts-evidence-a7668996.html

EDIT 2:
    More in-depth: https://www.bellingcat.com/news/men...n-sheikhoun-chemical-warehouse-attack-claims/

EDIT 3:
    Can't seem to find the Aljazeera article you mention. Could you post a link maybe?

Last edited: 7 Apr 2017
  12. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Clinton was advocating a no fly zone in a place where Russian planes were flying. The Carrot on the other hand wasn't so explicit in his intent. So there was at least a chance he wouldn't do something like this. But it seems like provoking Russia was inevitable regardless of who won the election.

I recall saying something to this effect (the stopping of the muslim ban being a good example of other branches of government keeping him in check), but noted the president controls foreign policy and warmongering.

13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Occam's razor: this is just Trump being Trump. He knee-jerks, and with recent political failures and low approval ratings he has a desire to re-assert himself as a decisive leader. Doesn't think about how this action is inconsistent with his previous statements (this being a man who contradicts himself ten times before breakfast) nor how it impacts the bigger political picture.

Last edited: 8 Apr 2017
  14. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Hey Trump voters:
    Can you let me know what horse you're betting on in the Grand National so I can avoid backing it?

This is of course assuming the race isn't called off due to a an unforeseen global nuclear holocaust.
    Hmm, I wonder if in that event bookmakers will refund stakes?

15. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

And now the Soviets are sending destroyers in the area where the US ships are. One missile fired by a hot headed captain, that's all what takes.

Last edited: 8 Apr 2017
  16. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Yep, just what the world needs, more weapons piled on top of a lit powder keg...

17. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yes, because the US Navy routinely employs hot-headed individuals to captain it's warships. :lol: :p

18. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

19. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Does anyone get a Red Alert vibe from the current goings on?

20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Red Alert had better production values... and Tim Curry.