1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Gearbox pulls out of G2A Bulletstorm: Full Clip partnership

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 10 Apr 2017.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

As Totalbiscuit says in his video, check out LevelCaps video on G2A, its about 9 months old and covers the shady shady stuff they pull in good detail.

3. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

I can't say I bought a lot of games from G2A but I have used it. More recently they charged me for G2A shield. Turns out you cannot cancel it until it is three days from expiring. What is the reason for that other than to hope people forget and get free money from people?

It was then I realized G2A is far more shady than I gave them credit for.

4. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

But levelcap still has an active G2A referral link https://www.g2a.com/?reflink=levelcap

What's that all about?

Funny that JackFrags et al were happy to promote their site to line their own pockets and were probably aware at how dubious G2A operates.

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

He hasn't advertised it, in a long time, and doesn't have it listed anywhere, so id imagine thats more to do with them keeping the link active, than him - but i could very much be wrong.

After the whole CSGO Lotto stuff came to light, none of it is that surprising.. they all seem to think illegal stuff on a digital platform is somehow 'not illegal'...

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Neither Jackfrags nor Levelcap are listed on G2A's partners anymore, nor do either of them promote it. If the referral links still work that's G2A not bothering to turn them off.

G2A spend a lot of money and time on marketing themselves. I think it's entirely plausible that people get suckered into deals with them when they roll up with their cheque book open and very glossy presentation. Lots of people talk smack about companies after all, it would be easy for G2A to brush off a lot of the stuff claimed about them as forum spew.

At least it would have been at the time when they signed up people like Levelcap, Gearbox must have been completely asleep at the wheel to deal with them after all the reports from actual devs and publishers about how shady they are.

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Two words.

Due. Diligence.

8. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

+1

9. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

You ever get the feeling that there are no good guys in the world aymore? :sigh:

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Well, yes. But it is a sad reality of life that people are idiots.