1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Halcyon 6:

Fantastic little indie turn-based strategy game. Took about 20 hours to complete as I took my time in a few places and had to quick-load a few fights, but genuinely fun from start to finish.

2. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

I'm a bit late to the party, but I finished Witcher 3 yesterday.

10/10.

Seriously, the attention to little details in such a huge game is incredible. I don't think I can go back to playing Skyrim or Fallout after playing this game.

Ficky Pucker likes this.
  3. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Multimodder

Yep, it's amazing isn't it. I have both expansions to play over the summer which I can't wait to do. An incredible engine they built in W3, they need to use it again.

I also have Total War Warhammer, MGSV Phantom Pain, Divinity OS 2, and Dirt Rally on my list, having not played games for 10 months. I hope to add all these titles to this thread before 2017 is out!

(I also have SC 2.6.3 and Star Marine to try, plus SC 3.0 when it gets released :p)

4. Aterius Gmork

Yeah, the game is absolutely amazing. I didn't see much of the expansions yet and only grazed Skellige because normal difficulty is way too easy. So I started a NG+ playthrough on Death March yesterday (and promptly played for a few hours). Witcher 3 is the only game apart from Dark Souls I ever felt like doing a NG+ playthrough. This is especially remarkable considering the length of the game.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ghost Recon Wildhunt.
    Dunno why I kept playing it tbh. It was good enough to keep you going wanting to see it through but in the end was just so meh and repetitive. I'll never play it again.

Next up, long overdue Dishonored 2.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

You might want to avoid Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 then. An appalling game apart from the graphics.

Last edited: 4 May 2017
  7. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Same. So repetitive, but felt compelled to at least take down the cartel.

I loved Dishonoured 2. Played it through six or seven times. Very re-playable.

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Assassins Creed: Black Flag.

I might return to it, I enjoyed the naval combat. Or rather, I enjoyed how absurdly over powered the elite upgrades are when it comes to non-legendary ships.

9. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

Fantastic game - I loved Commandos series in the past, this one is very similar only in different environment and times.
    Beautiful graphics, soundtrack, great fun going through all levels.
    13 levels wasn't too much, ideal amount so you don' get bored with the game.

I want more - hopefully they will do sequel or at least mission pack.

Next - Dishonored 2 and Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Sniper Ghost warrior.

Appalling game. Apart from reasonable graphics there is little good to say about this game. You are told that you need to change elevation and check wind speed before sniping a target, tosh, apart from holding your breath prior to pulling the trigger the other stuff is irrelevant. You can only climb in strictly set places which means that even a lowish wall is a barrier. Gameplay is pretty much the same as Ghost Recon Wildlands ETC ETC, go to an area complete mission rinse and repeat.
    I think it is time I move away from FPS's and so have installed the Witcher 3 and will try and get involved with the story which I tend not to do with games.

11. Aterius Gmork

Don't play the game on the default difficulty, it'll ruin the game for you. Use the second most difficult setting. Combat is not much more difficult but you can only heal yourself using healing items. Otherwise it's: Oh, you got a gushing wound there? No problems, just sleep it off in an hour.

12. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

So I've literally just exited Witcher 3 after finishing it. Same as the Mass Effect trilogy but it feels pretty strange/almost emotional knowing it's over after going through 3 games in reasonably quick succession. Didn't pick up the DLC's so maybe play them at some point, however I shall definitely miss Geralt of Rivia and his friends. Would say the second one was probably my favourite as had excellent pacing. 3 I put down for a bit due to the grind/stodgy middle bit of the game.

Mass Effect Trilogy, Witcher Trilogy, What next?

Last edited: 14 May 2017
  13. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Dark Souls Trilogy?

14. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

The Witcher 3 DLC. Both are amazing.

Failing that... Disgaea 1 & 2 (on Steam)?

15. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Prey:

Thoroughly recommend this game to all who like this genre, a very rare event for me. Yes it has it's flaws and a rubbish ending, at least the one I got though there maybe others. As usual you are provided with tons of stuff you don't actually need but there is so much to do that there is plenty of replay value.

16. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Is it worth playing The Witcher trilogy from the beginning? Like, are there any benefits in story/lore terms? Because I own all 3, but the first one was so abysmal in gameplay terms that I just gave up. I'm told by many reliable sources that it gets really engrossing and rewarding in story and characterization and whatever, but the low-budget visual design, terrible animations and one-click-to-fight combat made me feel like I was playing a browser-based F2P game. Then 5 minutes in, the main character bumped uglies with the boobalicious female character following some terrible translated dialogue straight out of a fanfiction, and I felt like I had to be a 14-year-old boy to continue playing, so I put it down and forgot about it.

But then some years later the Witcher 3 won every gaming award in the known universe, and I was forced to concede that I probably hadn't looked at the series thoroughly enough. But I'm a stickler for doing things in order; is it worth grinding through game 1, or can you just skip to game 3 with no ill effects?

17. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

^^What he said.

18. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Minimodder

I liked the first one a lot in terms of story but you're right that it's super clunky compared to nowadays games. This meant that I got right to the point in the final chapter and probably missed a few bits, dragging myself through it somewhat.

What this gave me though Imo, was make the second game amazing. I love the political intrigue and the pacing of the main story is excellent, in an environment that is superb. I wont ruin it for anyone, but it's a really good final chapter, where in other games it's felt rushed like the developers got tired.

The third has a great universe and has many things that put it among my favourites of all time. However, if I'm being super critical (and really, really being patient in waiting to play it), the story is tight, drops off in the middle where it lost its way a bit, before returning near the end to round of a great series with very little cheese.

What really makes the difference playing these kind of games back to back is how much more emotionally involved I've become in them (I replayed ME 1 & 2 for 3 where Witcher was 1st time through all 3 games). I didn't express it very eloquently before, but to try and summarise, I've left the credits of the last game with a really heavy heart. The characters of both these trilogy's are the real stand-outs. Garrus genuinely felt like a close friend (I do have a life btw!) by the end and the Witcher has some fantastic characters that I had loyalty towards by the third game.

So yes, invest the time in playing the series I think because my last 6 games have been an incredible gaming experience.

*From a save game perspective etc, I don't think you alter the ending in any way but there are nuances that change in game based upon your actions in the previous games etc*

Last edited: 16 May 2017
    boiled_elephant likes this.
  19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just finished my second playthrough of 'Prey', which in itself is a rare occurrence these days, most games I seem to struggle to finish just one playthrough.

This time was much easier though it still has its frustrations. I pretty much did every side mission yet the were still doors that I never found the keycards to and some keycards/codes were so hidden that I defy anyone to find them without referring to walkthroughs.
    thoroughly recommended.

20. Aterius Gmork

Skip the first Witcher game. It was a cult game at best when it was released and it has aged terribly. Sorry, but it's true.

I'd play Witcher 2 though. The politics are arguably done better than in the third game.