1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 2 May 2017.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Worth procuring a Switch, just for MK8?

3. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

I've always enjoyed the Mario Kart games but find they lack longevity, reckon 8 is different in this regard?

Often the thing that ends up killing the game for me is the power up balancing. I know it's great for a laugh with friends who maybe aren't so great at the game, but inevitably you end up getting better the more you play. With Mariokart Wii, my friends and I ended up all being pretty evenly decent, which made the game hard to play in the end.

I'm a huge fan of games like Rocket League now that have a ludicrously high skill ceiling, but also beautifully simple mechanics, such that new players can still play with more experienced ones (although maybe not as easily as in MK).

My ideal MK would be one where you have maybe two item sets, one for casual friends play with all the imba stuff like the blue shells, bullet bills, chain chomps etc. then one for competitive play for those who all know the ropes. To me there's just something really cool about having a chance to show off with more basic abilities, both offensive and defensive. Know if this is in the game? I know that Super Smash has options like that and it almost always makes the game way more fun.

4. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

'If you've got a Switch'

as if anyone bought one of those

5. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

I wouldn't buy any console for a single game, let alone a re-release. And a console that is fairly notorious for multiple hardware and software shortcomings? Madness.

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/27/nintendo-switch-sells-millions-of-units-after-launch.html

http://www.techradar.com/news/mario-kart-8-deluxe-for-nintendo-switch-speeds-to-launch-day-record

So yes, for now at least people are buying the Switch (and MK8), of course if it will last or not is another topic.

Tags: Add Tags