1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EK Water Blocks launches quick disconnect couplings

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 3 May 2017.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Jimbob

Jimbob Minimodder

Good that they are available but they do look a bit crappy.

3. K.I.T.T.

K.I.T.T. Hasselhoff™ Inside

Compared to the Koolance offerings, definitely.

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

They look long on price and short on aesthetics compared to the existing products. Pass.

5. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Honestly, apart from the few watercooling reviewers out there, who is adding/removing stuff from their loops enough to justify QDC's?

I mean, surely your average enthusiast will be quite happy to do a full drain and re-plumb when making a change? I know there's a 90% chance I would want to completely change my loop order if I was adding a new component.

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I can see these being useful on a GPU tbh. People do tend to upgrade those quite a bit if they have the dough to blow. Esp for like reviews etc.

7. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

If people bother to even wc the GPU.

I have a case that can fit two 360 rads without modding and I'm already watercooling the CPU, so you'd think I'd be the prime target audience for GPU wc stuff, but between the voltage / power limits imposed by nvidia that limit oc and the stunning performance of the air coolers on the top end cards I just don't see the point.

Of course if Vega happens to kick butt and profit from the cooling improvements wc can provide all bets are off in regards to cooling solution:D

8. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

People also WC for the dB not just the OC.

9. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Nvidia cards benefit from better cooling, they throttle without.

I like the idea of quick disconnect, I would rarely use it as I don't upgrade as much as I used too but certainly switching out gpus this would be handy, would of been great when one of my radeons went down to be able to test each in the loop individually with out having to drain and re-fit air coolers.

I water cool for consistent dB and cooling.

Last edited: 4 May 2017
  10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

I'm not saying they don't.

I'm saying some of the more premium cards like the Asus Strix, Zotac Amp Extreme and so on come with coolers that are more than good enough to get you well past problems traditionally associated with aircooling such as poor temps, limited oc, noise, throttling and so on...

11. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

I W/C my graphics card, but that makes me upgrade my GPU less, not more, because I have to add another £80-100 to the price of a GPU to cover the new waterblock.

12. koaschten

koaschten What's a Dremel?

I use a pair of QDCs to connect my external radiator, makes moving around stuff easier.