1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The airsoft thread!

Discussion in 'General' started by crazyg1zm0, 30 Oct 2008.

1. Xlog

Xlog Minimodder

Have you tried adjusting motor height (usually a big screw in the bottom of a pistol-grip or hole for hex key)?

1. Good Mosfet/ECU itself wont care what motor you are running.
    2. Even 22k originally would be considered "Hi-speed", because stock is usually 18k. Though nowadays its hard to find after market motors under 20k.
    2. Unless your trigger contacts are damaged, don't bother replacing them. It wont impact performance with FET.
    3. Imo, if your current motor is fine, you are better off investing into a Lipo. You'll get a lot better trigger response, increased ROF and so on. Rule of thumb is - don't bother with ECUs/wires/connectors/motors if you are running NiMH, the battery will be the weakest link (why are people even running NiMHs nowadays?). Plus Lipos are fun - they can act as smokebombs [​IMG]. If you don't want such fun - get a LiFe.

2. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Thanks for the great infomation.

And I only have a NiMh for now as it was the same 9.6v battery i have had for 10 years :p and i have spent the past few years out so i missed everyone starting to use LiPo's

Planning to order a couple of LiPo's shortly for it, just looking at options for what I want.

3. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

yeah, its the piston end of the gearbox that really sounds sick, and the gears are not shimmed as they can wobble, and i really dont have the experience to fix it. I have also heard that the ICS split gearbox is prone to being loud and isnt as good simply due to its design

so the current plan is to contact Firesupport and get a Marui gearbox and get THEM To install the Mosfet and rear wiring so i can just shove it straight into my gun and get onto a field ( travel accommodations permitting ).

4. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Fire-Support should be able to happily sort you out there. they have a couple of complete gearboxes available I believe. I do love those guys, And miss living 30 mins from the shop.

As far as my G&G trigger install went... It was not good. got everything in and cables routed but the pinion shredded one of the battery connector wires due to space issues. Not overly impressed but theres not much i can do now. So got a couple of bits and bobs shipping from the states to fix the situation.

5. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

My new LiPo for My M4 arrived yesterday for when my mosfet is working, and I cant get over how tiny it is compared to the old G&P 9.6v Ni-MH that i did have. Gotta love battery tech

6. Xlog

Xlog Minimodder

Yeh, thats the one of the quirks of V2 gearboxes, I hate working on them. First time I worked on one, I manage to route the cables only on my 3rd try.

7. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Yup. At first i started looking at trying to find a better Shell that would be easier but in the end just decided to go back to the original trigger and add the mosfet instead of trying to replace the trigger as well.

Maybe one day when I get another AEG (probably an M4 again) i will do it again. I also do quite want to try a polarstar system as they look interesting as hell.

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm looking at a Polar* Jack for my M82. To either use it as a sniper rifle/DMR ~400fps, or to use it like a support weapon to irritate the WISWYG crowd.

9. lilgoth89

HPA systems look great, but they have a very bad rep, either people find ways to turn them up after Chrono to get more power, or they crank up the rounds per second to crazy levels and hose people down at point blank range.
    I wish that some sites would introduce rounds per second rules as well as feet per second, it would give support classes a reason to exist if they were the only class allowed high rates of fire and high cap mags XD

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Yeah. As with most things, minority ruining something for the majority!

11. Xlog

Xlog Minimodder

One way to get around this problem is to use gearbox as a busbar for one of the terminals. I even bolt FETs directly to the gearbox.

Increasing FPS is not something specific to HPA systems, especially with introduction of quick-change springs (even my AEG has adjustable fps). This sounds more like a lack of culture and respect for one another, than anything else. This can be usually solved by random chronys during the game and publicly banning players.

This is why i hate playing in some countries - lack of ban on hicaps and distinction between different weapons in general is maddening.

12. BeauchN

BeauchN Multimodder

Hiya, any recommendations for airsoft sites in or around London?

I used to play at Uni (about 15 years ago!), when Firefight ran game nights in Angel. I know the 'spiritual successor' of that event is Bunker 51 near Greenwich, but apart from that, I'm pretty much out the loop.

Cheers

13. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Only one I can think of that i have been told about recently is Ultimate Airsoft, I think that was the name anyway.

Also in other news My m4 is back up and running, just need to chrono it and make sure its not too hot for the sites i can easily attend. And just grabbed an eotech 551 clone.

Last edited: 25 May 2017
  14. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

[​IMG]

Thought I would just throw up a photo now it's working again :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. lilgoth89

Looking Good
    i was planning on dropping in a TM gearbox into my gun, but apparently ICS use a propetery gearbox size, and thus the only gearbox that will fit my ICS body... is and ICS gearbox ( FFS ) and Firesupport have a 6 week turnaround ( add the cost of parts that i mostly already have )

the current plan i think is to take the gearbox i have to a shop and have them basically have them perform a full tune up, ( most likely new spring, piston, piston head lube and shim )to get it sounding alot better and call it a day.

anyone got any recomendations for a decent shop ( or expert in V2 gearox's ) ? preferably close to a rail station as i dont drive

16. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

I really need to get round to putting my sopmod back together. Got halfway through upgrading it with prometheus parts and a BTC Spectre, but never finished it. Been that way for over a year now...

17. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I have done a little modding on mine as i have dropped an Ares Amoeba electronic box into my G&P M4 was not ideal but seems to be working, i need to get a dremmel to do the final bits as its not perfect at this point.

My m4 was buggered for a few years and just sat waiting for me to be bothered enough to finish it. quite glad i did now.

18. lilgoth89

anyone have much experience with First And Only Retail store ? its right by the train station so its ideal for me to get to ( the small distance i have to walk with a rifle bag )

also are high speed gears worth getting ? im thinking while its in for a service i might upgrade some of the internal components ( gears and piston ) from the stock ones to high speed gears and a new piston

19. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I have a little. I know one of the guys, they are good, sounds like a good option for you. obviously make sure you go on a day the repair tech is in. as If memory serves the repair shop isnt open every day.

20. lilgoth89

Well they have a 2 week MOT service for £40 ( plus £10 shipping it back to me ) so thats the current plan, the only thing left to figure is if i should basically buy the high speed gears and new piston and take a crack at installing them BEFORE i give it to them, or just let them install