1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 11 May 2017.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

This seems to be the one to have then :) Sadly it would be no upgrade to me in 2/3 computers. I would still want the 1700, at least it has more cores than my 5820k.

2. runadumb

runadumb What's a Dremel?

Shame memory prices are so damn high right now or I think I would jump in on this. By the time Zen + rolls round I will dust off my wallet and splurge

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Man, would like one of these - same TDP as the 4790s - but 6 cores/12 threads.

BRING ME YOUR ITX MOTHERBOARDS!

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It's a real shame. When Intel launched Sandybridge they did so into a market where DDR3 cost peanuts. It's really been a deal breaker for a lot of the more budget conscious.

I think the orders for the Biostar is now live out in the USA. Doesn't look like we're getting it here atm though :(

5. grimerking

grimerking Minimodder

I've been through a few RAM price cycles now and I've noticed that cheap RAM is always followed by expensive RAM. In my experience it tends to be a lack of RAM that drives my CPU/MB upgrades - e.g. MB can take 4GB of RAM, but I have 4x 512MB, which makes upgrading to 4GB uneconomical.

I'm still using a 3750K @ 4.2GHz. I made sure I fully loaded my MB with the maximum possible (32GB) when it was available at £30 for 16GB. I'm now in a situation where my RAM and CPU will probably be adequate for another 2-3 years and my GPU (290X 4GB) will last until 4k capable cards are affordable.

I'd strongly recommend stocking up on cheap RAM the next time it becomes available.

6. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

^That's what I plan to do. Gutted I missed 16GB of DDR4 for ~£70 a month or two back :(

Tags: Add Tags