1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 23 Mar 2017.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

That's because of the contract agreement they made when they delayed Destiny 2. If It slipped into 2018 Bungie would be relinquished to Activision, so I'm glad that didn't happen!

Hmmm and now there's an article stating there will be no cross-saves. I guess I will wait and see, but:

• No cross saves;
    • No dedicated servers on PC;
    • Delayed PC release.

I might just stick to Xbox One honestly :sigh:

Last edited: 19 May 2017
  2. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Aw man, that's a bummer. It means we can't start off on a console then hop onto the PC version at release.

3. Hex

Yeah, which for me sadly means no exposure on partnered streams as they're all going PS4 first now :sigh: I just hate that controller so much and I'm a way off affording a ChronusMax or something. I have my Xbox One Elite, I don't want to use DS4s they hurt my hands :(

Only hope I'm clinging on to is that quote came from the Art Director... so maybe they are wrong.

4. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Might have to stick with the xbox version then....

Shame to be stuck with an inferior version of the game though. But at least the Xbox has an existing Destiny community and I have friends/acquaintances to play with there.

5. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

If you don't like the standard PS4 controller then look at the Nacon Revolution controller I have one and it's good although does take some getting use to as it's not quite an Xbox Style controller.

I have a Chronusmax and tried it on the PS4 with the Elite controller and the delay was really poor which is why I got the Nacon.

Also if anyone end's up picking this up on Xbox One, or PS4 then my Xbox GT is: techno2k9 and my PSN is techno2k8, I know I am getting it on PC 100% and will get it on the Xbox but I am not sure yet about the PS4.

6. Hex

ooh thanks I will have a look... actually saw the price. Maybe not! XD If it let me use the controller I use for everything (Elite), maybe. But it's a bit much for the moment. Shame to hear the ChronusMax had lag issues. A lot of streamers I watch use them :(
    I'll definitely be on Xbox, PC probably a bit later depending on min specs and maybe, maaaaybe on PS4 later when it's in a sale. I'm 'HexyWoo' on everything.

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Yeah the controller is abit expensive like the Elite controller was, but for me at the time I was working so it wasn't to much of a issue as I knew I was going to use it a fair bit.

The Chronus is nice but I just cannot get on with it, so if you want drop me a pm with your address and I will send it to you and you can try it and see what you think.

8. GravitySmacked

I didn't realise you bought a PS4, sent you a friend request.

I hate playing with a pad too, Destiny is probably one of the best games to play on a pad but it's no match for a mouse and keyboard. Oh well, I'll grab it on PS4 first no doubt unless it's only a small delay.

9. Hex

Oh wow, that's kind of you! I actually don't have any games on PS4 right now (it's just for testing work), but if you still have the Chronus later when I decide to give in and get Destiny it would be awesome if you let me try before I buy! :D

:D Yeah, as above, I just got it so I could test more games. I only have LocoRoco on it so far that's mine :lol: Not a fan of the PS4 to be honest. Much prefer Xbox One, so that stays my main console.

10. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

No problem it will be here so just let me know.

11. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I only bought my PS4 for the exclusive games (Horizon: ZD is really good). I tried playing the Destiny demo with the DS4 and hated it. After playing on a XB1 pad for so long the controls just felt... off.

I'm looking forward to Destiny 2, from the reveal it's looking awesome. Just might have to pick up the 5 vinyl pops too.

12. GravitySmacked

13. Hex

I tried reading that earlier, but they call the controller a 'pad' about 400 times and it's just one of those words like moist that's... no. Stop. They've been controllers rather than game-pads for years, please don't make 'pad' a thing again! :lol:

14. GravitySmacked

I still say pad :worried:

15. daveypro

daveypro Minimodder

i say throwing device.....

Hex likes this.
  16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

So, I'm chugging through MGSV on Xbone, and ill be looking for something to fill the void.

Destiny 2 has the 'feel' of a game I might enjoy. Is it worth picking up destiny, since it (with the expansions of course) is reasonably cheap now, or do destiny veterans think it's going to be stand alone enough that I can just meander in when it comes out?

17. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Destiny 2 from what I have seen is going to be "stand alone enough" for people to have not played the first one and still enjoy playing Destiny 2, although there will probably be some quotes etc that relate to Destiny 1.

If you want to pick up Destiny 1 and play through it, then it might help you get ready for the way missions, bounties, patrol events and strikes etc work.

If you want though look at videos like this which gives you basically the story from Destiny 1.

If you do pick it up though on the Xbox and want someone to play it with add me techno2k9 and drop me a message and I will jump on when I can to, help you through all the quest's that you will have to do.

My advise though if you do pick it up if you get the 2 Spark Of Light things, don't use either of them on your first character, and instead save one for your 2nd and the other for your 3rd if you decided to do all 3.

18. Hex

For the price you can get it these days, I'd say it's worth a go. You won't need to have played Destiny to enjoy Destiny 2 as they're very aware that coming to a new platform they will have a lot of people going into it fresh. But, if you can afford it (money & time), why not! There's a lot of people in your shoes right now. I play on Xbox and there are soooo many Kinderguardians (new players) in the Tower (social space) every time I sign in. It's adorable! I've never been into MMOs, but I've loved how people help out the low levels whenever I'm on. It's second nature to double check the grimoire score to make sure they're really new & not on an alt and then it's all pointing and reviving. I love it! :D

^Agree with this absolutely! It's nice to catch up fast, but honestly, they've always made getting to the end-game easy enough to just do it anyway. You might miss out on a lot by immediately jumping levels.

19. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Is that 'spark of light' thing the 'boost' that's talked about in the Amazon blurb?

I don't tend to use XP boosts, largely because they propel me way past my knowledge and I play like ****, then give up. Unless it's an SP game I've already run through.

20. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

They did 2 of them, one of them iirc took you to level 20 and the other took you straight to level 40.

They are worth using but personally when I got the game on the ps4 I decided to rank up my warlock from 1 - 40 normally, hunter I used the one that took me to lvl 20 and the titan I used the one to take me to lvl 40.

The one that will take you to lvl 20 I believe also gives you a boost to xp gained so you can lvl your subclasses quicker, which is a help as they help you survive in PVE and PVP.

One good thing that Bungie did with Destiny is, that you can have someone jump in with you at the max level whilst you are a low level and you can still damage the enemies and kill them almost as fast as the max level, player although the max level player will have an advantage against "Elite" class enemies those with yellow health bars and bosses.