1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Cryorig takes its Taku desktop chassis to Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 30 May 2017.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Gareth, more coffee needed this morning?
    "Although Cryorig originally indicated it would be selling the Taku case, along with its MacBook Pro inspired Ola, into the channel as with its cooling products,"
    Shurely shome mishtake Mr H ;)

3. blackerthanblack

blackerthanblack Minimodder

It does, look nice but...

I wonder if it topples over when you pull the 'drawer' out with all the hardware in it?

And those legs? I'm sure the space beneath will be stuffed with our junk, spoiling the good looks.

Ah, you can't have everything, I suppose.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Hah - that's muscle-memory for you. Guess I type MacBook Pro a lot more than I type Mac Pro! I'll go fix it, ta!

5. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Not a bad looking case! Nice to see something a bit different (but not a snail shell or a train - looking at you Lian-Li!)

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I looked at this earlier. Way too expensive for what it is and I would like to see some thermal testing first. If you look at the Silverstone ML04 it requires a strong metal bracing bracket across the top of its steel shell. This is alu without bracket! Surely the monitor weight limit is tiny.

Alternatively, develop a wooden stand for any other desktop chassis?