1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. asura

asura jack of all trades

Hah, snap! But for Subaru not Ford. Mr. Japan (car's previous owner) put after-market wheels and nuts on the car and I've got a set of OEM wheels to go on soon™ but this sort of thing happens if you mix an match... so... I've got a set of McGard spline nuts with locking nuts winging their way to me... my wallet goes :waah:

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

R5 1600
    [​IMG]

MSI Mortar Arctic B350M
    [​IMG]

3. asura

asura jack of all trades

Now that's a nice looking motherboard!

4. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Yeah, it is. But that AM4 socket is hideous imo, and just looks rank on a board as nice as that one.

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Nice. I toyed with the TPI titanium nuts, but I figured they'd look weird with standard colour rims, so went for OEM look. Fortunately worked out cheaper that way too!

6. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Very nice. That motherboard is a lot cheaper than I feared it might be. Be interesting to see your opinion of it having switched from the i7.

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Best looking Ryzen boards by a mile IMO. The ATX versions are lovely too, even the black ones. Shame they don't have the IO cover that the Intel ones have but that would be easily sorted.

8. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

9. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

New dishwasher, so stoked. Fed up with the one that came with the house, which seems to enjoy spraying grit on glassware and then baking it on there, meaning that a post-load round of manual cleaning is required ~80% of the time.

A Whirlpool WIO 3O33, so chosen based on reviews purporting it to be the daddy of getting dishes clean, which seems like a desirable quality in a dishwasher.

[​IMG]

I'm probably a little more excited than I have any right to be about a dishwasher.

10. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I got mega excited when we bought our new one, 'cos IT PROJECTS ON THE FLOOR.

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Was it not Whirlpool that made such a mess of recalling it's tumble dryers that had a tendency to burn your house down?

12. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I briefly looked at a Miele one that had wifi, which piqued my interests until I found out what you can do with it:

- Check salt/rinse aid levels
    - Select a cycle

And I couldn't think of a reason I would want to do either of those things when I was anywhere other than my kitchen, particularly the area directly in front of said dishwasher. A "smart" too far methinks.

Correct. Or Whirlpool subsidiaries anyway.

13. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

This is is a Bosch - and being integrated, I wanted to know when it had finished doing its thang (it's WAY quieter than the old one), so I decided this feature was useful (and cool). Wi-fi though? Sounds a bit pointless. The gripe I do have with our new'un is that the 'touch' buttons are a bit of a pain sometimes.

When did I get so old?!

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

64gb GPD XD - shiny

[​IMG]

Essentially it's a handheld Android gaming system, packed to the rafters with emulators... but thanks to Moonlight it also makes an excellent Nvidia GameStream client. Tested it out with Rocket League and I can barely see any difference between this and my Steam Link (other than form factor... duh... :p)

15. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yeah... if only there was some way to cover it up... :lol:

16. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Haha :D But by that logic you can't really see much of any motherboard by the time you've installed all of your hardware and stuck it in a case :D I do think that the AM4 socket is U.G.L.Y. though, it just looks nasty.

17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I spent some ill advised time looking at the Bosch network connected appliances.

I'd enjoy being able to start the oven from my laptop I think, but I am catastrophically lazy.

18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

An EDTracker kit.

[​IMG]

19. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

need to integrate a self loading device from the fridge so you can put the pizza in the oven from your laptop after preheating.

20. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

AM4 may be an ugly socket but it's nowhere near as ugly as an expensive Intel board with bent and broken pins ;)