1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK General Election 2017

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Risky, 8 Jun 2017.

1. Disequilibria

Disequilibria Minimodder

I mean getting more MPs forward. He's very likeable is mogg (remember people like boris too) Because she has poor judgement on 2.

The Yoof voted for free stuff they don't have to pay for (yet). It's a democracy where 18 is the voting age and they get a say but the youth have terribly unrealistic politics always. If we were talking about intelligence and voting before brexit; under 24s don't even have a fully developed prefrontal cortex so...

Hope so.

Last edited: 9 Jun 2017
  2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

If someone has a beard and a tash do they cancel each other out? :D

3. Disequilibria

Disequilibria Minimodder

I don't know is the tash a positive integer or negative? Do they multiply or sum? Far too complex... let's put it to an election to get a clear answer.... :naughty:

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Mogg is a toff. The very caricature of an upper class Eaton schoolboy. You think working class people are going to relate to him? :hehe: As for Boris, as Amber Rudd said: "Boris, he's the life and soul of the party. But he's not the man you want to drive you home at the end of the evening" and most people feel the same. Personally I wouldn't let that sociopath anywhere near No. 10 Downing St.

The yoof are already paying. For old people's pensions, for the equity stored in old people's homes they can't afford to buy, for the results of austerity. The yoof has huge study debts, a wage that rises slower than old people's pensions, will never be able afford to own a home like we could. Will never have a job for life like we could. Will never have a final salary pension scheme like we have.

It is not the yoof that voted for Brexit unicorns, and threw the country into economic uncertainty for the next decades. If it was up to the yoof, the UK would still be in the EU, the Pound would be stable, the economy riding the crest of the wave of recovery starting to sweep Europe right now, and we'd still have a stable Cameron government. Frankly the yoof are not the problem. This mess right now? Old people did that.

As for intelligence, looking at the IQ curve 90% of the electorate falls short.

I thought there would be an economic model for that?

5. Nexxo

Just waiting for someone to say she has the "full confidence" of the party --which is usually like:

[​IMG]

6. Disequilibria

Disequilibria Minimodder

People do like them. I'm not talking about No 10 but as someone to argue the case in the election just gone.
    No the middle aged pay for old people's pensions. The Yoof wouldn't get to university if there were not fees, they are there for a reason. There is a reason why in free tuition scotland less working class people go to university than in england, because no tuition fees means restriction of places. Also it is the equitable way to pay for student debt: only those who can pay do pay. Free tuition is always and everywhere an example of directors law where the poor and the rich pay taxes for public policies that support primarily the middle class. Well they could have equalised pensions. Also affording to buy a home might be helped by less regulation and lower pop growth.

Also all the policies they have voted for will not work to improve their lives.
    Yeah but it wouldn't reflect reality and has no value for most acedemics because it wont influence an election... :hehe:

7. Disequilibria

Disequilibria Minimodder

Ahh it's bed time. Can we not just revive Margaret thatcher... or find her reincarnation.... please...

TM has to go FFS... She's going to pull a brown. Get those letters into the 1922 committee.

8. Nexxo

Thatcher would have stayed in the EU.

9. oscy

oscy Modder

Must be incredibly relieving yet frustrating for Corbyn to know he was just a FEW seats from having the numbers to form his own government. The Emperor Roy Hodgson will probably cling on to the death now with or without her ten Sith Appwentices.

Love that May was all "stong and stable" and she's given us a hung parliament and quotes from Conservatives calling the party now "unstable". :lol:

10. Nexxo

Enter EU Referendum. Chaos ensues.

Enter snap election. Chaos ensues.

Strong and stable. :thumb:

11. Risky

Risky Modder

At least my local MP got back in. He's young and deserves another chance at it.

12. oscy

oscy Modder

May appears before journalists to make statement on future

[​IMG]

"I don’t really know what I am doing here. I thought my statement last night was sufficient. I’m no longer the England manager, my time has gone but I was told it was important that I appear here. I guess that is partly because people are smarting from the defeat last night that saw us leave the EU negotiating table. I suppose someone has to stand and take the slings and arrows that come with it.

My emotions are obvious ones. I am really disappointed. I didn’t see the defeat coming. Nothing in the first two years here gave me any indication that we would perform as poorly as we did. Unfortunately, they are one-off events. If at one of those one-off events you don’t turn up, even an opponent that is not entirely fancied like Corbyn can beat you in some seats. That is what happened."

13. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Just passing through the thread to laugh at Theresa May and the tories, and their o so brilliant political maneuver which blew up spectacularly in their faces. :hehe:

I reckon this instability will be bad for Brexit negotiations... but schadenfreude is stil the best freude. :lol:

[​IMG]

14. Nexxo

BBC Radio Four is doing a summary to Moby's Extreme Ways.

"Oh babe, oh babe, then it fell apart..."

15. oscy

oscy Modder

16. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Looks like there's going to be a coalition of chaos between the Conservatives and the DUP.

17. oscy

oscy Modder

18. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Was reading this when the news appeared on the phone.

19. Nexxo

Paul Nuttal has just quit as UKIP leader. :hehe:

20. Nexxo

The DUP is against hard Brexit, against a 'no deal' scenario and in favour of the Single Market. Going to be interesting... Let's see how long that coalition lasts.