1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films The Official bit-tech Movie Thread - What have you seen lately?

Discussion in 'General' started by knuck, 13 Jun 2010.

1. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Thanks, she spent the day filming at King's Cross station, with a steam train on the line and did have a close up scene filmed, but that has been relegated to the cutting room floor :(

That said, it was a great adventure. She did get to meet Gal Gadot, who apparently was really lovely to the kids; spoke to them and had sweets for them while they were waiting. So no in the clouds diva who feels she's too good to talk to ordinary kids.

Still haven't had time to see the film, maybe later in the week...

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Robocop: "I'd buy that for a dollar/10

holy **** its as good as I remember, they really don't make em like this anymore.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I'm a good shot.. I bet I could hit you right in the eye from here !

Let the mayor go we'll even throw in a Blaupunkt.

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

holy **** I literally just watched that line being said as I read this.

5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Dick you're Fired!/10

Excellent movie.

Thank you, BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM

6. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Ah, yes. I remember seeing both Robocop and Predator within a fairly short time span on the big screen, early 87 if I recall correctly. Happy days.
    :thumb:

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Altitude - 4.5/10
    Well, it's better than the other film I watched over the weekend, but it's still ABSOLUTE RUBBISH, which should be avoided. Not helped by the early-90s-SFX.

The Assignment - 3/10
    Honestly, possibly the worst film I have seen in a long time. I'd rather marathon every bad episode of Top Gear ever made than watch this again.
    The whole film is basically a crappy excuse to put a beard on Michelle Rodriguez and make her kiss a girl.

8. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Someone's niche has been ticked right there

9. Vault-Tec

Easily one of the best movies ever made. The one liners are many...

I just wish they hadn't made the new one all PG13 and all. It was a good movie apart from the fact they pretty much dodged anything nasty. If Walking Dead can do caved in heads with a baseball bat then Robocop can be as gritty and edgy as the original.

10. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Rambo: First Blood I wanna drive my Chevy!... With what? I can't find your ****in' legs! I can't find your legs!/10

So, how on Earth did the Rambo movies go from this dark and brooding movie centered around the de-humanising effect of war, to Sylvester Stallone murders all the non-Americans?

Really liked this film, can't believe I took this long to watch it.

11. Vault-Tec

The original was great. One of my faves. The 2007/08 reboot? brutal. I mean, it depicts what actually goes on but man, really brutal. Well worth a watch even if he looks a bit old and silly.

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

the 08 rambo was ****ing savage, I loved every second of it. :thumb:

13. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

The Mummy - 4/10
    Very meh and forgettable, nothing really stood out except to Russell Crowe's character, did an ok job showing us the world has monsters so I'm hoping for a better future for the Dark Universe but I'd happily not have Tom Cruise back

Baywatch someone save me / 10
    I really enjoyed it simply because it's not meant to be serious, I am a Rock fan and slowly becoming a Zac Efron fan, he does dumb funny well for me.

14. Vault-Tec

Yup totally worth watching. When I first saw the trailer I was like /facepalm.

Then I watched it and man, gave me nightmares for a while. But it's not like it's made up, that's the sort of sick stuff that happens in the world :(

15. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Yesterday I watched Mindhorn, and it was incredible. Watch it if ever you get the opportunity, I think it was a BBC film.

[​IMG]

16. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Its probably partially to do with First Blood being based on the book by David Morrell, its way more brutal that the film and allegedly based on some real incidents with some SF guys living in the woods having run ins with the locals and the law . The made a number of changes for the film as I reckon they didn't want to tarnish Stallone's rising star back in the very early 80's. Think Arnie in T2 where he wasn't a homicidal cyborg anymore.

Once the sequels kicked in a Sly had more input with the character direction, the tone changed quite a bit.

I also agree that Rambo was quite a shift in direction, it got back to the serious path and less like a commando comic and I was pleasantly surprised by it.

17. Xir

Xir Modder

Thats...a current movie? Hmmm, must have missed it.

18. Xir

Xir Modder

Arrival - 5/10

Pfff. Run out of colourfilm? Studied "How-to-take-lenghthy-shots" with Kubrick?
    I mean, I see WHY they did it, why these shots are so long and drained of colour, there is power in these shots...but there's just too many of them...there's enough happening in the story that could have been shown, but no.
    Makes for a very lengthy film, with no real climax.
    My wife didn't get the plot-twist, I suspected it rather early. Seems to be hard to understand.

The general idea
    If you understand our language you can see and change the future
    , no...just no. I mean most SciFi is flawed, but this is just silly.
    Maybe it's just what the film makes of it though, haven't read the book

19. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I'm a bit late to the party on this, but that scene will always stand out as a fine bit of acting for me. Something about Stallone nailing it, combined with his weird voice, makes it sound like how I'd imagine a proper meltdown like that to happen.

20. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

It was only a short story originally, which probably explains why the film seems so empty. Actually, the short story does whole
    time thing
    much better than the film does, and I don't really know why they dumbed down that aspect for the film.