1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit-tech 2017 refresh feedback: Bugs and errors

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Dogbert666, 27 Jun 2017.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Hi, everybody. Welcome to the new bit-tech website and forums!

We're sure many of you have questions, comments, concerns, and feedback regarding the new website launch and forum migration, and we have three dedicated, stickied threads now set up to manage these that are being constantly monitored. Please read them before posting so we can avoid repeats and keep things efficient.

This thread is strictly for the reporting of bugs, errors, formatting problems, and so on – things that are obviously wrong rather than things you just don't like, essentially. Questions relating to forum/website usability go here, and general feedback goes here.

When reporting bugs, it's important to be specific – please try to describe how the bug was triggered. Use screenshots if applicable, and give us some basic info like OS and browser. This allows us to more easily replicate the issue and narrow down its source.

Known issues and those that have been fixed will be confirmed by staff as we go – please check that you are not repeating a known or fixed issue. Obviously, if you are able to prove that something is not fixed, please do so.

We know there is still work to be done, and that's why we're doing this, but please recognise that a lot of work has gone into making this transition happen. Please also keep all discussions civil, constructive, and polite. Let's all work together making bit-tech even better for all of us.

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Can you not embed, if that is the correct term, Youtube videos using only the last bit of the url now?

3. Bradley

Bradley I used to have more banners than you :(

Hi Kronos,

The new software requires you to paste the full url into the input provided. Just grab the whole url rather than just the video ID and the embed will work :)
    I hope you're enjoying the new site!

Thanks,

Brad.

4. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Just a quick thing I have noticed.

I just created an embedded link (I think that's what its called) and it doesn't seem to get underlined or highlighted.

Example This item on ebay

You can still click on it and it does highlight if you point to it but its not obvious its a link.

aramil likes this.
  5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Cheers Brad, sorted.

6. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

The Hillary vs Trump thread in the serious section seems to have disappeared.
    Noticed last night, when it had a "latest" link from the forums index, but it isn't listed in the section itself.
    Doesn't appear in search results either.

7. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Logins do not appear to persist if all tabs with the Bit-Tech forums open are closed, regardless of the 'keep me logged in' checkbox. e.g:
    - If you open a forum tab, log in, then open threads in other tabs, you will be logged in in all those tabs.
    - If you open a forum tab, log in, close the tab, then re-open the tab (or otherwise open a forum tab) you will now be logged out again.

8. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Two-factor authentication doesn't appear to be working for me. I've set it up using the Google Authenticator app and it all says it's working, but I've yet to be asked for the code on logging in.

Am I being thick?

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I can't find where to change the Avatar signature (in my case: "Whatever's geek")? :confused:

10. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

It seems login on the front page isn't working, it brings up a box for a username and password but clicking on login does nothing, the box remains on screen.

Last edited: 28 Jun 2017
  11. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This was brought up to me by the one and only @Dogbert666 and was fixed :)
    I'll see whats happened to it.
    Haven't witnessed this but ill look into it tomorrow.
    It's called a custom title and should be editable after clicking you account name at the top right of the screen or hovering over your name then clicking Personal Details. If not post here or msg me and i can look into it to see if it's an account or permissions issue. :)
    It's due to the captcha and is being worked on as a top priority by @Bradley

12. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Thanks for that, not sure how I quote on here yet ::)

13. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

highlight the text you want to quote then click reply. You can do it with multiple quotes aswell.

14. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Is "Thread Highlighting" active?
    I have:
    • Disable highlighting threads with new posts
    • Disable highlighting threads you've posted in
    ...Unticked in browsing preferences but still can't see any variation between threads I've posted in and ones I haven't.

15. MLyons

I think it's the little avatar on the left side of the list. I need to look into this to try and make it clearer for people.

16. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I had a bunch of old links in my user page that were the 'highlight text, add link' type- whatever you call it. The link parts are missing.
    Also, I'm pretty sure I had more than 3 pictures in my iron turnip album.
    -Not sure if these are slow migration issues.

17. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Maybe I'm missing something really obvious but I just updated this thread and now I can't see it if I choose 'New Posts'. In fact I can only find it by going to the Hardware forum and looking for it.

EDIT: The same with this thread I had to go and look for it in the forum and it's disappeared from my 'New Posts' selection.

18. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Ah, I see it now. I think it only shows on threads posted in since the refresh, and maybe wasn't showing straight away either (?).
    I think I preferred the whole thread being highlighted in a different colour as before, but I guess with all these at-a-glance features what you are used to is a big factor.

19. MLyons

Note sure what you mean? o_O
    This could be a tricky one. I'll investigate and see if it's an issue.
    At a guess new posts is only things you haven't read. I'm not 100% sure though. Not sure about this one.
    The old forum highlighted the thread in the thread list? If so I'll see if its something i can tweak.

20. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Something like this (oops. I may need to figure out how to do it all over again.)-Nope. The link just didn't work in preview.
    I think it's the same problem as links being broken in signatures, or it could be I'm just old.