1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News bit-tech redesign: New website and forum coming soon!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 20 Jun 2017.

1. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

As someone who probably needs glasses but hasn't bothered to get checked I sort of agree and I'll be working on it tomorrow.

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

No worries; our requests are not "DO IT, DO IT NOW!!!" commands. :)

How about the colour #2c3e50 for background? Easy on the eye and goes well with the Bit-Tech purples (other complementary purples are #9b59b6 and #8e44ad).

3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Just what I was looking for

4. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

Dont like it, far too cluttered. Here to stay though I guess so....

Dark is too dark, can hardly read text. Default is so damn bright wtf? Can't you make the white a grey/light grey?

5. MLyons

Check the post above. :grin: Do you have an exact colour you would like? preferably in hex or rgb.do you mean the site is too cluttered or the forum? I mainly deal with the forum but can pass other feedback on.

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I'll have some time this weekend to play around with web page mock-ups and palettes if that would help.

I also recommend colour palette picker web apps like Paletton, coolers.co and Adobe Colour CC. They allow you to play with colours, find a range of complementary or contrasting hues and it lists their hex and RGB values. You can also enter hex values to see what colour you get and then generate a matching palette.

7. MLyons

Thanks that would help a bunch. I don't have full free reign but I can make some tweaks.

8. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Dark is looking good:cool:

9. MLyons

(。◕‿◕。)

10. Isitari

Isitari Minimodder

Loving the dark theme and more importantly the 2FA. Wish more websites had it!

11. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

The website looked better before, or is not finished yet?

12. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I don't know about the main site, but the forums are regularly being worked on by the staff at the moment so it's still a work in progress.

13. MLyons

The main site is being redesigned to be a lot clearer and less flashy,with a few little tweaks here and there until that happens. For the forums I've been making changes to it 24/7 for the last 4 or so days up until 3AM at times.
    This will be made more clear in a post I'm making later

14. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Aren't there some stock Solarize themes from XenForo?

15. MLyons

16. Xasthur

Xasthur What's a Dremel?

cluttered. Am I the only one that misses the comments being displayed on the bottom of the post instead of going to a entirely different page, it's annoying.

17. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

The devs are looking into sorting this :)

18. Dot_Kappa

Dot_Kappa 100% Puppet

Fresh new look :thumb:
    I like it !!

Maybe someone alredy notice it, but you should replace color labels for each thread type...
    For instance in Project-logs subforum "Case-mod" labels had a different color than "Scratch-build"

19. MLyons

I was working on these for an hour or two on Friday with @Hex and @Zak33 . I've got all the gaming and article discussion ones made. I'm just waiting on some more and the powers that be to sign off on them. There's also talk of making different prefixes for completed and WIP builds so they will need new colours. If all goes well they will be done by the end of Monday and they will combine some of the old school colours with a little bit of fresh paint but I'm trying really hard to try and keep some of the old school look.

20. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

IS SSL going to be up and working soon?

Tags: Add Tags