1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. wecrookie

wecrookie Minimodder

Its one with the string on it. Switches the power on to the shower :)

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

done
    The final tweaks are being made to a new dark theme that should be done by either tonight in the next hour or so or earlyish tomorrow
    This was fixed as soon as we saw the post. I hope it looks fine now. We've also increased the size of the font a little.
    This is an interesting idea. I might try work on it in my free time.

Last edited: 28 Jun 2017
    legoman and Arboreal like this.
  3. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

As per the other thread, great work; especially the instant changes done today as above.

Many thanks @MLyons :)

A dark theme would be appreciated thanks, as I like the clarity on SFFF, my other online home

MLyons likes this.
  4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

It's there now.

That bit of string hanging from the ceiling that works lights etc in a bathroom.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

The pull-cord on/off switches you find in bathrooms... Most bathrooms have one for the lights, but some have another for the shower [if it's a powered one].

6. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I may possibly be looking for a new car soon, broke down on the M1 last weekend and it sounded like a tin can full of ball bearings being shaken with quite some vigor before I killed the engine and phoned up for a recovery lorry.

On the plus side; it might give me a chance to throw all sensibility out of the window and get something silly and fun instead of the somewhat numb Golf I have currently...

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I thought that was what they were but I was unaware that they could be used with showers.

Last edited: 29 Jun 2017
  8. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

My late mother became disabled in her last few years, so the council installed a wet room. It had 4 such cords, light, shower, extractor fan, and an "I've fallen over!" panic one.

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Useful to know, thanks.

10. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Constant wrist ache, I have a personal trainer and do weight lifting but it's not related to that but I just know Doc's will say to lay off the wrists.

That's not a solution! Fix me or medicate me! I will be doing weights!

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Didn't get the job at sega, I honestly have no ****ing idea how I didn't get it but never mind, **** happens. time to ditch the IT career.

12. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Wrist support? I get pretty nasty pains at times an find a support helps a fair bit.

13. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Use the other hand?

Sorry, been trying to resist all morning!

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Paypal... and the word 'pending'...

15. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Sorry to hear this.

16. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

When a deal looks to good to be true, it probably is...
    The worst part is the seller actually doesn't seem to be too bad a guy (has a perfect seller rep), but is somehow unable to see the various ways in which his description of the items was clearly, demonstrably untrue and acts completely indignant when I point it out and make clear I'm not happy with my purchase. ("But it was a cheap price!" -"Cheap price or not, it's not what was promised / what I bought, damnit!" [actual conversation 100x more polite])

Last edited: 29 Jun 2017
  17. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Oh I had that a couple of weeks ago (well, more like 6 weeks). Bought a pair of headphones described as having "low output left channel". So I asked a few questions and shot a few emails back and forth with the seller who said "It throws off the stereo balance a little" and "No they have never been taken apart".

They arrived and first thing I noticed was they had obviously been taken apart, FFS. Then to my great joy I plugged them in and realised the left channel was completely dead.

*sigh*. Why do people sell crap like that? do they really think people would just suck it up and keep it?

*shrugs*. Back they went, have a negative feedback for your lies.

18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

This is why eBay is so heavily skewed towards defending the buyer. Problem is, dishonest buyers will take advantage of that and a small-scale seller who has done nothing wrong can have their account banned.

TBH I've found that I've had some of the best service I've ever seen from Chinese sellers churning out bargain basement electronics. I bought a controller for an LCD panel recently and the one that arrived had the wrong firmware for my panel; I had no way of reprogramming the firmware (some weird-arse VGA-to-serial thing), so rather than risk the negative feedback the seller sent out two replacement kits to try and get me something that worked. The actual hardware cost to them is often negligible and is worth less to them than near-perfect feedback. eBay is always a gamble though.

19. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

Ugh!!! I am sorry that just sucks!!

20. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Photobucket :mad: $399 a year my rusty bullet hole