1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blizzard dates, prices StarCraft Remastered

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 30 Jun 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

I wish they remastered Diablo 2 instead.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

That's a funny way to spell "Diablo and the third-party Hellfire expansion that let you run so getting to and from places didn't take ten minutes each time."

4. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Sales in Korea alone will make enough money so even the cleaners can retire early.

5. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Diablo was truly a pioneer of a game, but the second one was better in every aspect, I think. Getting around was pretty easy once you had an item to grant you teleportation.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

But Diablo II dropped the ability to equip unidentified equipment and the entire concept of cursed equipment. Many a Diablo run ended in risky decisions: pick up an unidentified magic sword with great stats but you've run out of Scrolls of Identification, do you equip it and risk it being cursed (massive stat penalties, can't unequip it without a Scroll of Remove Curse) or lug it around until it's time to visit the town and pick up some scrolls from good 'ol Deckard Cain?

No good CRPG should have magic items which are wholly beneficial. Where's the fun in *that*?!

7. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

That mechanic was removed probably because most people (including myself) didn't want to risk being cursed and it transformed into a chore.
    But you have a valid point there, no respectable RPG should have strictly positive stats on the items.

Speaking of Diablo, may I ask for your opinion on the third in the series?

8. Gareth Halfacree

Never played it, but since discovering you can do split-screen co-op on console I might pick it up - the missus used to love playing Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, Champions of Norrath, and their respective sequels with me on the PlayStation 2!

9. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

If you do get a chance to play it, I'd love to hear your opinion on it. Perhaps even write a piece on your experience with it, a "non game reviewer tries Diablo III five years after release" kind of article. Bit-tech will probably publish it.

10. Gareth Halfacree

I can certainly pitch it, but it sounds a bit niche! It'll be a while, anyway, 'cos I don't have much time for games at the moment. Boo-hiss.

11. Lorenzmoll

Lorenzmoll What's a Dremel?

I would also prefer a remastered Diablo instead:)

12. Chicken76

Chicken76 Minimodder

Hehe, what niche would that be, the "middle-aged that used to enjoy good computer games in the nineties" niche? If that's a niche, then who do you think all the 300+ gaming chairs, 500+ G-Sync monitors, 700+ GeForce xxxxTi cards are sold to? Twenty-year-olds?
    I don't own any of the above, but would like to read about someone like me giving their honest opinion about sequels to games I loved, without being afraid of upsetting publisher X or Y resulting in not getting invited to the next games conference or not getting early access to SSiS48 (Stupid Shooter in Space, episode 48).
    I would even disable AdBlock to read it :)

13. Gareth Halfacree

Well, I can certainly confirm that I've never been afraid of upsetting a company. Samsung still doesn't reply to my emails (not actually sure what I did to them) and AMD's PR team has never really forgiven me for constantly referring to them as financially challenged (because, y'know, they're financially challenged. I told 'em I'd stop calling 'em that when they started turning profits, which didn't help matters much.)
    D'you hear that, @Dogbert666? Ad revenue! Consider the above discussion a pitch!

Tags: Add Tags