1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit-tech 2017 refresh feedback: General site and forum feedback

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Dogbert666, 27 Jun 2017.

1. Taua

Taua What's a Dremel?

I'll be frank, I think it's awful. I don't have the time to faff around making it look nicer, it was fine before, but perhaps the new layout is better for advertising, which must have been the reason for an update (and nobody would begrudge such a change) but it's certainly less usable now.

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

This. Definitely this. We've never allowed images of any kind in signatures, and we shouldn't start now.

3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Anyone got a link to the specific post? Think i have a fix.

4. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

aramil likes this.
  6. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Definitely white for me. I think web text entry boxes generally should be, and broadly speaking are, all white whatever the colour scheme. I'm sure there are examples where that isn't the case but I can't think of one of the top of my head.

If anything this is part of the reason a pure white background on the light theme is a bad plan (in my opinion). The (appropriately) pure white text entry box blends into the background too much.

7. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

Just a quick one. Going over Mod of the Month I felt the pictures were TINY!

8. MLyons

Interesting a week ago people were saying they wanted a black edit bar. The light theme will be worked on tomorrow as i feel like the dark theme is in a place that's usable. I'll also be adding the dark narrow style.

That would be something for @Dogbert666

9. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

I wrote that :) The images on page 1 are 614 x 250 as per usual, but the ones on all other pages are 614 x 300, they used to be 614 x 450. The reason for this is that we now have a fancy tool where you can click one image per page and either swipe left or right if you are on a mobile, or if you are on a PC, just click the arrows. You will get the images as they were uploaded on the build logs in full size. It just makes everything a little easier on the eye.

10. MLyons

:duh: I was going based on the forum post in article discussion.

11. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Don't know if this has been brought up, but I was just reading Rick's (excellent) piece on that game series need to end, and I had a truly hard time distinguishing between where the article ends and the comments begin.

Also, it seems the site (and also the forum) cannot remember me having previously logged in, but that may be my own fault as I may have forgotten checking the "Keep me logged in" checkbox. I'll keep an eye on this and report back.

12. MLyons

hmmmmm, I'll see what we want to do about this.

Ok. Please keep me updated :thumb:

13. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Is there any way to skip the "Are you SURE you want to mark all forums read?" dialog? God damn right I'm sure, that's why I clicked it!

14. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

This does annoy me also, maybe putting a choice of "never show this again" for those who do want to see it every time?

Some feedback from our Twitter users:

[​IMG]

I have had a few issues with the mobile site recently, it seems to take a while for it to pop into mobile view and until it does, the site is huge.

15. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

I agree a (nearly) white text box is best but the rest needs to match the theme not sure why 3d buttons are needed as everything else is flat.
    ie:

Text Background : #E5E5E5
    Text : 404040

It is the same with the 3d mouseover for links, it looks out of place against the flat site.

16. MLyons

17. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Thought I'd say the fonts for the Industry News, Asus, MSI and Other all seem to be not in bold.

18. MLyons

Might be because you have read them all or have marked them as read? If not then :duh:

19. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Yea that seems to be the case, I've not been marking anything so it's the first I've noticed of it.

20. MLyons

I don't think thosessections are very active so it might of just transfered over from the old forum