1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build - In Progress ⭐ SAIL by C4B12 | 20-02-15 - Resurrection

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by C4B12, 20 Apr 2017.

1. Andreas | Brodholm

Andreas | Brodholm Minimodder

It is starting to come together real nice now! Can't wait to see it live on DHs :)

2. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

I cant wait either... Oh wait. ;)

Lets update a little bit, a lot has gone good, a lot has gone bad. Lets start with the bad, I rushed to finish the build for Dreamhack Summer 2017 and two days before the graphics card died, I tried everything but sadly it was completely dead. At the same time my phone died where I had most of the photos from the build process.

The good part though is that I was able to kind of finish the build for Dreamhack, I still could use the PC via the onboard graphics, however with a lot of time went into trying to fix the graphics card I was not able to get the perfect fit with all the panels. However, I have time so I will fix everything, there will be new hardware as well, more on that later. Lets see some photos?

[​IMG]

The fan-grills, IO-cover and PCIe bracket painted black.

[​IMG]

The "SAIL" fan-grill went onto the cooler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want to put a lot of time into the cable-management using the P-clips from MDPC.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is how the build ended up looking for Dreamhack Summer 2017, as you see the panels dont fit perfectly together. But that will be fixed!

[​IMG]

The best thing about Dreamhack Summer 2017 is their modding contest, I was happy to get the 2nd place in their Open Class, the best thing though were the bonus prizes that I got, Member Choice from Sweclockers, Best SFF and Best Scratchbuild, that gave me 4000SEK at Webhallen, a swedish reseller so that was awesome, now I will be able to get a new working graphics card as well as a new CPU and motherboard.

As soon as I get the new hardware I will be starting to put everything together in a better way, putting the custom loop together and get a better fit for everything.

Best regards,
    Johan Nyman

Andreas | Brodholm likes this.
  3. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Mini ITX master Johan at work :)

4. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

Thanks Tim, Im no master though. :)

5. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

I heard you were a master.... at doing something to do with bating?

6. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

You should ask Justin and Tim at what Im a master at.

7. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

They will never know because you leave them alone!! RIGHT?!??!!!

8. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

Maybe. Maybe not.

9. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

Well after Dreamhack I wanted to fix this project as the graphics card died, so I decided to change almost everything out.

[​IMG]

Together with that I will be using Asus GTX 1050ti Phoenix which will be watercooled. For the CPU I went for the Intel Core i3 8100, I also decided to go for Corsair's Vengeance RGB and MP500.

[​IMG]

Im excited over all these parts and now I can finally finish up this project, first of all Im going to run some tests on the i3 8100 compared to the i5 8400.

[​IMG]

This is by far the best looking Mini-ITX motherboard I ever used and it will fit perfect into the black and silver theme.

[​IMG]

The Vengeance RGB ram will also work good as I can choose exactly the color I want.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will need less cables now too with the MP500 ssd and the GTX 1050ti which does not need any cables.

[​IMG]

Finally the CPU, I went for the i3 8100 as I think it is a perfect match for the GTX 1050ti and I also have a powerlimit of 150W as Im using a Pico-PSU.

After the testing of the CPU's I will start putting the build together so a update should come pretty soon.

Best regards,
    Johan Nyman

Last edited: 15 Feb 2020
  10. Andreas | Brodholm

Andreas | Brodholm Minimodder

11. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

:nono:
    You are supposed to use the parts to build something new. ;)

12. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

So, now when CURV3D is finally 100% complete I can start working on finishing up the next old project.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stuff always seem to come in between modding for me, this build was put on hold after the graphics card died, the one I bought from ASUS did not fit any waterblock either, so I ended up selling that and now I finally found something on Aliexpress, both a 1050Ti and a fitting waterblock for it.

[​IMG]

I started working out the loop. A custom reservoir will be made, still working on the last details for that.

The to-do list looks like this:
    • Plan out the loop.
    • Modifiy the grahics card to be able to mount on the backpanel.
    • Brush all the aluminium-panels and clearcoat.
    Looking forward to finish up this project so I can start on something new. :)

Best regards,
    Johan Nyman

Cheapskate, lowfat and kim like this.
  13. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Man, the lag between here and Sweden is massive.

14. C4B12

C4B12 Minimalistic PC's

Yeah.... Well I blame it on ADSL...

Arboreal and Vault-Tec like this.