1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Absolutely loving XCOM2 again. Managed to get the logistical side of things in order this time around, so not constantly under threat of the Avatar project being finished too quick.

Have a full 6-man squad of ultimate badasses and the sharpshooter is the definition of a killing machine!

2. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Snaps! Waiting for the new expansion which looks HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG-inducing good.

Got a team of 4 rangers and 2 medics, because I find run & gun+implacable rangers the most balls-out awesome way to play... But like the security of over-watching medics in the background in case things go sideways :p

One of those rangers was lucky enough to get death from above as his hidden ability too, so with run & gun and an advanced mobility PCS he ALWAYS gets the height advantage. Teamed up with a superior laser sight and repeater on the shotgun it's not uncommon for him to rambo up and wipe an entire enemy patrol in 1 turn. Best part? His randomly assigned nickname was "Solo". I think I have a crush on him.

3. Lorenzmoll

Lorenzmoll What's a Dremel?

Total War Warhammer, fantastic value for money:)

4. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I'm still majority addicted to RuneScape, and I'm not ashamed!!

Rocket League, PUBG, BF1, FIFA 17, and Guitar Hero 3 on PC as there are thousands of custom songs (and mods!) are also highly played games.

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You see I absolutely hate the concept of the second one - pushing you with wave and wave of enemies. I much much prefer the slow strategical method. Can't stand being pushed into a certain gameplay way.

6. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

I personally think the concealment mechanic ADDS to the strategic options. Unlike the first game you can actually set up proper ambushes, sneak around the map to find enemy locations without triggering them and, if you make use of the Rangers "Scout" tree, keep concealment with parts of your squad to attack from multiple directions.

For me XCOM 2 is like Borderlands 2, the same core game with everything dialled up to 11, a better story, better characters and more customisation options.

7. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Zelda: BotW, GuildWars2 and CS:GO.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Mmm I might reconsider it in a future sale then, after I play everything else first. So around 2020.

9. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Still just chugging through Wildlands, like 3 hours a week.

Had to stick it on hardest difficulty to actually make it fun.. Otherwise, its just long range target practice, then walk in.

...or just grab an APC for total easy mode.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Replaying Battlefield 1 as I have a few collectables missing.
    Also reinstalled Timeshift and ZOMBI as there really is nothing out there I want to buy.

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah there is a serious gaming drought right now :(

Installed my Titan X P yesterday and thought "right, time to get down to some gaming !!" then realised I have bugger all I want to play (well alone, I want to go back to The Division but only in co op). So yeah, bit of a non event really lol.

I am due another Fallout 4 playthrough as a woman because that changes the game quite a bit, and know I will enjoy being able to get out of the 40 FPS range on hard to run areas.

But yeah, funny you posted that. Was thinking about it in bed last night. How many game devs have disappeared never to return and just how few are left really. Well, you know, the big boys.

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I picked this up from Amazon on Prime day, as I had a few quid credit with them.

Love it. My interest in motor sport had pretty much dropped to zero, but I love this game.

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I still follow WRX, but yea, I've totally tuned out of F1 now. It gets a bit repetitive after 4 seasons but still strategically addictive. I'm nearly at the point of winning the Global Motorsport with Scuderia.

Man we live in different worlds. I still have so much to play. Can't find the time to get into Dishonored 2. It needs a dedicated few hours straight and I just don't have that kind of free time.

14. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Somehow some way about three years ago I lost the ability to play games from genres I didn't really like. I just couldn't get into them at all. And given how rarely games launch these days that makes the types of games I play even rarer. Shame really, but yeah, I just can't spend that many hours playing something I don't really like.

15. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Amen to that. I loved the first XCOM but I can't stand the "forced pace" of the second one. It makes it a very different game, imho, and not a better one.

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Black the Fall is quite interesting though I defy you to play this without a walkthrough.

17. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

Everspace !

pretty fun arcadey space shooter, beautiful graphics too.

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Hi-5

19. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT

Ficky Pucker likes this.
  20. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

PUBG! :clap:
    My buddy gave it to me as he made a packet on Steam on selling a hat...
    Lots of running round looking for stuff, and have been shot by the first player I met every time so far! #33 best
    PC seems to cope OK on medium settings, GTX 660 needs a bit more grunt tho'