1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Vertu's UK manufacturing arm enters liquidation

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 14 Jul 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Surprised they made a business of it in the first place. I mean, I know the super rich need SOMETHING to spend their fortunes on, but modern high-end smartphones already have a very high manufacturing quality...

Always sad to see jobs go, especially when it's people that must have a genuine eye for detail and craftsmanship, but the world doesn't need a company selling £6k smartphones.

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I remember seeing some of the Vertu phones in Northern Goldsmiths' windows back when they were basically just a blinged up Nokia 8800 [a phone that wasn't exactly cheap to begin with], and i remember thinking they were some of the gaudiest, nastiest looking pieces of overpriced tat i'd ever seen...

I'm kinda amazed they survived as long as they did...

4. alf-

alf- Minimodder

Not too surprising, the likes of the iphone and other flagships are already status symbols by themself, whilst the vertu looks like an outdated, gaudy, trinket from aliexpress.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Even those cheap guady trinket phones aimed at Russia are on the brink of extinction, the current trend on aliexpress for phones aimed at Russia are rugged ones.

Tags: Add Tags