1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

This is not a warm flat. I have an enormous set of three sash (bay) windows in the living room that go from around a foot off the floor to the ceiling (so about 13ft) or more. They leak, they bang in the wind etc. I've got a set of curtains that are about 1/2" thick (padded) and when the wind gets bad down here in the winter they literally waft around. Seriously, living on the beach isn't as fun as people seem to think with those Facebook pics etc. It's a living nightmare during the winter. You can literally hear the wind howling and whistling. It's like some one revving a motor. If it is raining and you step outside you are soaked before you can even get back in. Everything rots, everything fades. I had to write my door number on my doorbell about ten times with a permanent marker because the salt air just makes it vanish. It's nuts tbh.

Having said that I love winter so I pretty much quite like all of the above. I got plenty of onesies and Totes, including a pair of flannelette lined half inch thick pure wool ones so bring it I say.

Yeah, that is probably why I assumed you were Scottish haha.

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Don't talk to me about onsies.
    [​IMG]

3. Vault-Tec

Mine are a little more subtle. I've got a Batman one that the print fell off of (so it's all black) and a blue Superman one that the print also fell off of. Need to get some more for this winter though. They're like proper jogging suit thickness too, so yeah man snug as a bug and all that.

I'd rather be too cold and then warm myself up than too hot and can't cool down. Don't get me wrong I like a bit of summer but this one has been quite torturous. Especially given I weighed 18 stone at my last weigh in.

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Onsie's and subtly do not go together, not in my book anyway.:grin::grin::grin::grin:

5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Here at bit-tech we just decided to start mining to heat the office up a bit then open windows if it gets too hot. It also helps the machine mining exhausts its heat towards me.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Had a good catch-up with some friends I don't see very often yesterday evening. Had a thoroughly enjoyable evening, it's not often that both me and the other half have a night out.

Also this:

[​IMG]

It's gonna cost me a fortune in clothes :D.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  7. Vault-Tec

Congratulations on the weight loss Byron. Believe me I know how hard it is.

Byron C likes this.
  8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I was classed as morbidly obese but throat cancer soon put a stop to that and I lost 4" off my waist. Which would have still been off it was not thanks to the hypothyroidism, thanks radiation therapy that keeps on giving, which meant even though I can no longer swallow solid food I have actually regained 2" not that I can be considered fat now.
    Prior to big C I loved all the wrong things.

9. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Capaldi is gone,finally!

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I think the BBC missed a trick here by choosing a woman to become the new time lord? by not selecting a black,Muslim, transgender disabled actor to play the part. This would really have proved how politically correct the BBC is.

TheBlackSwordsMan and MLyons like this.
  11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

They're saving that spec for the new sidekick.

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yes, because the only reason you could possibly want to cast a woman is Political Correctness Gone Mad. Bring back the days of Shakespeare, where the men were men and the women were young boys in wigs! That's proper acting, that is.

You tit.

13. Vault-Tec

[​IMG]

14. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

You joke but i wen't to a school with all boys until 6th form. They even gave out best female performer awards to the lads that played woman.

15. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Not casting women when there are no women to cast is born of necessity; last I checked, though, there were lots of women actors for the BBC to choose from when casting a part. Roughly half of all actors, I'd wager.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

from what I've read its not the who but the why that people are annoyed at, the BBC has been on a major diversity bender the past few years to the point where its being **** hammered into every opportunity it can.

hell, rather than comment about the role itself they instead bleat on about how she's a feminist and how we shouldn't fear her gender as female leads have been cropping up with increasing regularity on the big and small screens but its ********, we didn't care when Lara Croft was the lead in tomb raider, when Samus Aran was revealed as female or when Ellen Ripley fought off Aliens,

this is just **** stirring to appease insecure mouth breathers who throw themselves under the wheels of imaginary oppression to feel good about themselves on their shitty social media website of the week.

17. Gareth Halfacree

Sure, sure. Alternatively, something one of the original creators of Doctor Who, Sydney Newman, had proposed back in 1986. I quote: 'At a later stage Doctor Who should be metamorphosed into a woman.'

But no, go on, tell me how you know more about a children's programme detailing the time-travelling adventures of a regenerating alien with two hearts than a member of the trio who flippin' invented it. C'mon, I'm sure you've got more vitriol in you yet; you haven't even blown the 'SJW' dogwhistle!

18. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

When I saw one of those clickbait "the new Doctor Who will leave you shocked!" ads at the bottom of a website, all I could think is - "Please let it be a shock return of Clarkson to BBC" :lol:

19. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

dude get off your high horse, I don't care about who the role goes to as was written with that possibility in mind, my beef is with why the BBC has gone about it and how they're reporting it.

20. Gareth Halfacree

How has the BBC gone about it? By casting a woman? I'd love to hear how you go about it without casting a woman, assuming we don't go full Shakespearean.

How has the BBC reported it? With clickbait and drum-rolls? They've done that for every regeneration since the first. S'called promotion.

As for my high-horse, I fear that were I not sat atop it you wouldn't be able to hear me from your position on yours...