1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Apparently because I use the PC for work, because I work on my brothers website sometimes they won't cover it and I would need to claim on my brothers insurance.

He is going to speak to them, but he has said I can use his old machine which he is not using anymore since he bought a mac and has no time or willingness to learn play games on a pc, would rather stick to his xbox one so I will be getting that tonight, which is a 2700k, 16Gb ram and he is going to lend me the money to buy a 980Ti of a friend for £150, since he has 3 of them in his machine and is willing to let me buy one of him so at least I will have a decent pc up and running by next week at the latest.

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That's crap, put in a complaint and keep escalating it - you can take it all the way to the Financial Ombudsman, and generally insurance companies don't like doing that because a decision like this would probably go against them.

How often do you work on your brother's website, more than 1/2 of the time you use it? Does he pay you to do work on his website? Did you buy it primarily to work on your brother's website or primarily to earn a living with? That's a ******** justification on their part. That's like saying that because I use my computer to sell things on eBay it's classed as office equipment; I can see where they're trying to come from but it's ********. It's not a piece of office equipment, it's a personal household item. The FOS would likely side with you if you escalated a complaint to them (you have to let the insurance company deal with it), because they're not acting in good faith.

EDIT: OH COME ON, I CAN'T SAY "CR@P" BUT I CAN SAY ******** FFS?!!!

3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

It will get sorted in the end, but yeah it's annoying.

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I wonder what they'd do/say if you said for more than 1/2 the time you use it it's to watch pron? May be a quick way to get a payout unless they then class you as a pronstar.

5. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Doing the work of 2 people. Management won't get me any help and I just have to deal with it :(

6. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

My own stupid fault.. Woke up this morning knowing that the motherboard I ordered was out for delivery. Not sure about the CPU yet. They said it was sent yesterday but RM just say they've been advised and it takes 24 hours yada ya. Any way, at least the mobo is definitely coming. So I went to check on Amazon to make sure it says "Out for delivery" and it does. Only like a grade A belmet I have had it sent to my mother's house and guess where she is? on the bus on her way over here lmfao. She's got an eye test up the road. Thankfully I managed to catch her before she left and she's trying to get the nextdoor neighbour to take it.

Either way there go my plans for today.

Edit. Managed to change the delivery details to "leave with neighbour" and added the door number. Mum managed to get hold of her mate and she's in all day. Only bummer is it's now 9 miles away. So I either go all of the way over there and bring it back, or, I drag a PSU, monitor (got a 24") memory and a GPU over there and work on it there. My internet cuts off tomorrow and I've not got a date for connection from the other company yet either.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I have asked the IT Elves if it would be possible to remove some of the more PG-13 entries from whatever wordlist is currently installed.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  8. Vault-Tec

Postman decides to pull a "no show" on a very important day for deliveries :(

Usually he's here by 12, but looking out (you can usually see his cart up to an hour before he arrives) there is no sign of him or a cart anywhere :(

One of those days where I wish I'd stayed in bed.

9. Vault-Tec

Yup, no post at all :(

The board arrived safely with mum's neighbour thank god, so that's sort of here. Hope the postie shows up tomorrow really. Phone and net are being cut off.

10. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Soz, was told to copy everything from a list and did so. It's now been toned down.

"IT Elves" I'll have to add that one to my LinkedIn and CV. Installed, I wish. More like add each word one by one. :sad:

11. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Ugh, job hunt. Big promises by certain companies and recruiters but nothing delivered. One company had the balls to cancel the interview just hours later.

Anyone know a job opening in England for someone with lots of experience in IT and suitable education?

12. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

What experience in IT?

13. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

If there's a dev/ops job at bit-tech, I'm interested! :D

14. Vault-Tec

Went up for a kip after dinner around 4pm. Woke up at midnight. lol.

15. MLyons

Not up to me unfortunately. Was more curiosity than anything else. Also don't think we would cover a relocation from Amsterdam

16. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

No remote work? :)

17. Vault-Tec

Hoping that maybe some one has been through this before, so may be able to help.

My wife has been gone about 6 weeks now. Every time she contacts me she makes me feel sick. It makes me feel sick. I just want her out of my life now. Completely. Any way, a couple of days back she wanted to come over and take some stuff. I said it was OK, I allowed her in. I was not there.

That same night I get this enormous wall of text arrive in my inbox stating that she still loved me, missed me, wanted to see me etc. It was a love letter wrapped around a brick though, as in typical fashion she spent most of it complaining about me. I don't think she understands that I do not love her any more and do not want to be around her. However, today she took it a step further, taking great delight in informing me that she was going to have the leccy and gas cut off. I would imagine this is revenge for me brushing her off the other day.

Is there a law about how long I have to keep her **** around my flat? once it's gone she will be gone and she will have no reason to contact me, but I fear that all of the time I am her storage facility she will keep contacting me. It's the contact that is making me ill.

I don't know her address because she is in protected whatever right now, and I don't really want to know it. So I really don't know what to do but I need her off of my back and soon.

18. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Hire a storage locker, pay a fixed term 2 months in cash, fill it full of her stuff and send her friend the key.

Everything's gone, block her phone and other contact info (maybe setting an automated "please leave me alone" reply so that she gets the same cold emotionless response each time) and get anything relating to her off your bills.

Of course, this is just me throwing ideas around, I have, thankfully, never been in that situation.

19. Vault-Tec

From what I am hearing it's 28 days. I am not paying a penny for storage etc, I just don't have it. But yeah, looking like a letter giving 28 days. So I will get that sorted out tonight.

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Tell her she has 'X' days to remove her stuff or it goes to charity.
    Perhaps see a solicitor. you can get your first appointment free with many of them which will be more than enough to get the legal position on this particular issue.