1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AMD unveils Ryzen Threadripper retail packaging

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 25 Jul 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Everytime an article is linked in the forum the hyperlink does not work for me because it contains an extra / in the http bit, perhaps one of the scripts is a bit dodgy?

3. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Fixed that for ya.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm not seeing it here: the link from this 'ere forum thread is http://www.bit-tech.net/news/amd-unveils-ryzen-threadripper-retail-packaging/1/, with the correct number of slashes.
    [​IMG]

5. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Maybe it's a browser thing as I've also been getting it.
    Code:
    [QUOTE="bit-tech, post: 4365418, member: 1"][URL='http://\www.bit-tech.net/news/amd-unveils-ryzen-threadripper-retail-packaging/1/']Read more[/URL][/QUOTE]
    I'm using a fork of FF (Pale Moon) if that helps.

6. sandys

sandys Multimodder

I use IE11

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I use Chrome, which is apparently smart enough to fix the problem: I can see an errant backslash if I inspect element, but if I click on the link (or even right-click and copy the link) it dun gon vanishes. S'worth reporting in the bug thread, I'd say.

8. sandys

sandys Multimodder

9. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I'm aware it shows that in inspect element but the link is still functional right?

10. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

Can confirm, this doesn't work on Pale Moon. Every other browser I have tried works fine though.

11. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

12. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Woohoo, a box. :eyebrow:

13. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

I have just tried it on Summer Moon and it seems to be fine :oldconfused::duh::eyebrow:

[​IMG]

MLyons likes this.
  14. MLyons

Can you send me a gif or something of this happening. I've tried this in IE 5 - 11, Edge, FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Ie XBOX360, IE XBOX One and Bing bot and can't recreate it. The only way we could get it to happen is downloading "Pale Moon" which means I'm not going to look into it as it seems to be isolated to one obscure browser. If someone can get me a gif of video of some kind along with details of this happening in a modern (even IE8) browser then I'll happily look into it.

15. Gareth Halfacree

Replicated first try using IE9 via Browserling.com:
    Screenshot from 2017-07-25 16-02-05.png
    Screenshot from 2017-07-25 16-02-10.png

(I'd try other versions of IE, but Browserling.com will only let you use IE9 unless you pay and nuts to that!)

16. MLyons

Well then. I just tested this in a real IE11 browser and it works fine for me but fails on that site so not sure what to think of that. This is looking like a real wonky issue. I'll see if i can work some magic n the back end.

17. Gareth Halfacree

All it needs is that errant backslash removing. That's the entire heart of the problem: as I said in t'other thread, some browsers know it's wrong and delete it thus work fine while other browsers know it's wrong and assume you meant to put a forward slash thus break completely.

Get rid of the errant backslash (and stick an 's' on the end of 'http' while you're in there) and all will be well across all browsers ever.

Stick the post-generation script up on a file share somewhere and I'll gladly fix it m'self and return it for your approval, if you like.

18. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

fwiw... links wfm in Edge, Chrome [dev channel] and Firefox ESR

19. MLyons

the issue with the script atm is the way browsers and xenforo escape characters. I think I've got a fix ready but wan't to wait until the forums and site are a little more quite before we test them out.

20. Gareth Halfacree

Aye, you've got an extra escape character that shouldn't be there would be my bet. S'always a pain when you've got things that need escaping and end up typing http:\/\/\ instead of http:\/\/ - s'not a mistake that readily jumps out at you on a quick visual check!

Tags: Add Tags