1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing a few features in the new forum site?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by trueno!, 28 Jun 2017.

1. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

We already have a dark theme :)

theme.png

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Depends where you click on the most if you click the most recent part it will take you to the end. Also if You have any more suggestions be sure to make a new post instead of editing so i get a notification.

3. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

A bit in your face though, a mid to dark grey or blue background might be more subtle and less eye watering.

4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

On my work and home monitors it seems fine. Do you have a hex colour suggestion so I can do some testing?

If you click the date next to the page numbers it actually does this. I do agree it needs to be more obvious.

5. trueno!

trueno! That's TRUE-N-NO if ure not sure!..

Yeah, I mostly click on the OP link where it on the old forum system takes you to the OP and sometimes I click on the date under the latest poster for the last post message.
    sure...
    Ah, I see, good to know I have access to the OP with one click rather than having to click on the OP link and it taking you the last unread post and then having to scroll up to the top ( if on the first page of the OP ) or scrolling to the top/bottom for the page 1 link to get to the OP...

6. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Is the picture hosting gone? Just trying to clarify before I start writing up a new Project Log..

7. MLyons

Only available in the modding section. If you can't see it reply back here or message me.

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Why does whatever decides what words are acceptable or not also do it's thing in private conversations?
    I noted this censorship only because of what I said to my consultant when he told me I had cancer. It was two words with the second being happens and the first a four letter word which began with S. My answer to my consultant did not have the same ring when replaced with 4 asterisks but strangely I have seen the same word in it's entirety in the forums.

9. MLyons

So the issue is censorship also happens in private convos? I'll look into this. PM me the word that caused it to happen

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Done.

11. Zak33

Zak33 Staff Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Hello lovely people.

turning off the swear filter in the Private Messaging is a really tough call:

We've got two issues:
    A) It's not easy to do technically. It's doable I think but it's a long journey and we've got stuff to sort.
    B) I'm personally interested in making sure PM's can't be used to abuse people.. In the big bad world... there's been small spat of virtual bullying via PM and sadly it can be aimied at members who are youngsters. I've dealt with it personally ....words less than glamourous and you'd not want your 13 year old child receicing them.... And as Admin we cant see PM, so proving it was a horrible. I'd rather not see that again please :)