1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit-tech 2017 refresh feedback: Bugs and errors

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Dogbert666, 27 Jun 2017.

1. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

bit-tech.net Forums - Error
    Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

Every time I search...

3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Odd i can't replicate it. Do you have any examples although you said it's every time you search. Also you got any network stuff going on such as TOR or a VPN?

4. Vault-Tec

I dunno, but weird stuff was happening. I tried to sign in on a new install earlier and it refused saying I needed to accept the cookies. But I never had anywhere to accept them :S

Then for a few hours, even if I checked it, the "Stay Logged In" thing wasn't working. I'm using Chrome, btw.

5. Vault-Tec

Yup still won't stay logged in. Odd !

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

There's no report post function and the spam is back.

7. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

just reported them :)

report is on the left at the bottom (took me a while to find)

8. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Mind PMing me details of the system and network such as ISP, browser version etc?

I'm pretty sure all members can see the report button if not say.

9. Vault-Tec

Over mum's having roast. Will do so when I get back :)

10. sandys

sandys Multimodder

11. MLyons

Does it work in the thread you linked. If you're talking about what I think you are then all articles going forward and from maybe a few days ago should be fixed. The read more link should work perfectly and the description is just like how it was done manually on the old forums.

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

No, it doesn't. All the links are generated as "http://\" by mistake. Chrome thinks "that doesn't belong there, I'll delete it" and the link works; IE and Pale Moon think "that doesn't belong there, I'll replace it with a forward slash" and the link doesn't work.

Inspect the element and you'll see what I mean. (And while you're fixing it, https instead of http plzkthxbye.)

13. MLyons

I've just checked the read more link on this thread https://forums.bit-tech.net/index.p...dripper-retail-packaging.329185/#post-4365523. I just checked Chrome, Firefox, IE11, Edge and Safari and the link works in all of them. The inspect element isn't 100% perfect but it should be functional.

14. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Pass, then: we've got IE users saying it don't werk, but I ain't got IE to test with m'self. (Well, I have IE3 on Windows 95, if that's any use...)

15. MLyons

I tested it on IE5 and the link works. If you can get them to send you or me the details or post here the system and software specs that would help. Wait hang on a sec are any of them using it at work by chance?

16. MLyons

I think I've fixed the link thing and it should be live soonish. I even added HTTPS just for @Gareth Halfacree

Assassin8or likes this.
  17. Vault-Tec

Still not staying logged in on Chrome. NVM, it's no biggy. But.. I have a very large and powerful phone (Oppo Find 7a) with a 5.5" screen. I have noticed there is no option for the desktop site. This makes me a saaaad panda :(

Assassin8or likes this.
  18. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

File this under annoyance/irritation.
    For any super-long threads, the page numbers spill out of their boxes and cause odd gapping.
    [​IMG]

19. MLyons

I think this may be due to logging in from multiple locations but I'm not 100% sure and the logs aren't very useful. I'll try to see if some form of security check is being tripped.

Got a link to the thread so i can have a mess around with it? Also what browser and OS are you using?

Last edited: 27 Jul 2017
  20. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?