1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit-tech 2017 refresh feedback: Bugs and errors

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Dogbert666, 27 Jun 2017.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Is the fix live yet? I'm still seeing the errant backslash in today's forum posts...

2. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Being added to the server as i type this. I'll go and do a few of the old ones manually

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Spoiler tags are broken... mousing over the spoiler just shows '{param}' rather than the text you're trying to hide.

This probably won't work...
    This certainly doesn't...

EDIT: and if you give the spoiler a title, which it prompts you for when you insert some spoiler tags... they break completely...

4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Sorry, messed up importing the ones from the old forum and forgot about the ones built in. Fixed
    [​IMG]

This was such a pain to fix but it's done.

Is now 100% live and working.

Last edited: 27 Jul 2017
    RedFlames likes this.
  5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Indeed it is - huzzah!

MLyons likes this.
  6. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

It also appears to have fixed my issue with the article links (below). :thumb:

Better, yes.
    Fixed? Erm.
    • The position of the numbers in their boxes is fine for single & double digits, but for triple and quadruple digits, the border/margin is greater on the left-hand side.
    • Also, the gap preceding the last page is larger? It doesn't seem to be linked to the presence (or not) of the right-pointing arrow.
    • I also note, that the font size appears smaller for the 4digit numbers than the single digit ones...

/pedantry

7. MLyons

Although it won't fix previous links all new ones will be fine. HTTPS was a bonus I though I'd add because why not :hehe:, the main reason for the fix was some users not being able to use them due to odd browser behaviour, They should now work for everyone.

That margin thing has been annoying me but i'll look at it again.
    gap was added to break the current page nav up a bit and make it a little clearer for people.
    Font size changes based on number of digits to keep the boxes the same size

Unsure how to proceed here and I'll probably just spend a little bit of time messing with it again to see if i can get it to work perfectly.

MadGinga likes this.
  8. sandys

sandys Multimodder

The slash thing is working for me on the office machine, thanks MLyons :cool:

9. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

:thumb::rock:
    :grin:

10. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I think I may be going mad, but...

I can't see the US Politics thread anywhere in the Serious forum. However, it still exists and in fact I can see from the front page that someone has recently posted in it, and if I follow the link on the front page I can get to the thread. So why isn't it showing up when I'm in the Serious forum?

Apologies if I'm being very dense here but I am totally confused!

This is the thread, fwiw: https://forums.bit-tech.net/index.p...idental-election.311161/page-169#post-4367746

11. MLyons

12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Odd, I can see it ok.

13. MLyons

I just made a brand new account and can see it aswell

14. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Oh god, it must be me then, because it ain't there!

Is there some option somewhere to ignore specific threads or something?

In fact, I've just opened the Serious subforum in a new instance of Chrome, without logging in, and the thread is there. Must be an issue with me then!

15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

did you ever ignore rainbowbridge [the op of that thread]? I did and i think that's why the forum is hiding the thread from the thread list.

EDIT: Yep, it's because rb is on your ignore list... i removed him and the thread reappeared.

16. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Mystery solved! That's exactly what's going on. I added RB to my ignore list (population 1) after losing the will to live reading his posts :D

The funny thing is that I did go the first page of the thread to see if RB started it, but the first post (that I could see) was from someone else. I'll take RB off my ignore list and hopefully normal service will be resumed.

This also highlights a change from the old forums - the old system would show you that someone on your ignore list had posted, but not the content of the post. The new system doesn't even show that they've posted. Not sure which method I prefer, to be honest, but the new method is certainly a bit more confusing :D

17. MLyons

Thanks for that mate. Wouldn't of thought of that. :thumb:

Yh this could be an issue in the future. I can see an argument for both sides. I'll see if i can work out a better system. Any input on this @Zak33

18. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

The fact that you can't see a thread started by someone on your ignore list is a bit of an issue, imho - just because the OP of a thread is a tube doesn't mean that the rest of the thread won't be interesting :D

19. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Wouldn't of thought of that? Of? Seriously? :sad:

20. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Wouldn't of thought have that?