1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hex, 23 Mar 2017.

1. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Destiny 2 PC Beta

Early Access:
    August 28
    Open Beta: August 29
    Beta Ends: August 31

Minimum Requirements

We know you want to know what you’ll need to play. This question has been floating on the winds of the Internet ever since we finally uttered a sentence with the words “Destiny” and “PC” and “Yes!”
    The following are the specs for what you’ll need to build to participate.

Recommended Spec
    CPU
    Intel - Core i5-2400
    AMD - Ryzen R5 1600X
    GPU
    Nvidia - GeForce GTX 970
    AMD - Radeon R9 390
    RAM
    8GB

Minimum Spec
    CPU
    Intel - Core i3-3250
    AMD - FX-4350
    GPU
    Nvidia - GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    AMD - Radeon HD 7850 2GB
    RAM
    6GB

If you’re upgrading, here is hardware that’s available today and runs the game well:

Recommended
    CPU - Intel Core i5-7400
    GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Minimum
    CPU - Intel Pentium G4560
    GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB

Bungie’s Event Machine
    CPU – Intel i7-7700k
    GPU – Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB

Well I guess I do just about meet the min specs (i7 2600k & GTX 780 Ti), but damn, I really need to get a new gfx card soon! :sigh:

2. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I did a big upgrade recently so I'm lucky enough to match Bungie's event machine but overall, the specs aren't too demanding and could be worse.

At least you'll be able to run it Hexy :happy:

3. Hex

Oh yeah, very true :) I just hope I can run it decently enough to play with friends. Unfortunately some 'min specs' these days mean you can play it with everything turned down to low and no other programs running and even then it'll be at about 12FPS. BUT HEY IT RUNS RIGHT! :rollingeyes: I exceed Fortnite's min specs (and recommended I think), but the game runs like bum even on Low for me. That said, it runs like bum on the PS4 too, with the added bonus of cooking me in my room!

4. GravitySmacked

Yeah, I know what you mean, sometimes for minimums are misleading. PC beta next month though so you'll be able to try it and see how you fare.

5. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Given that Destiny 2 on PC will be running through the 'Blizzard Launcher' as its now called, anyone know if they will be using Blizzard's more robust servers? Blizzard has a little bit of experience with PC MMOs after all.

6. Hex

That is the plan! :thumb: If I can't it's bye-bye to playing on streams sadly as all the streamers are going PC :sigh: The thing that really bugs me, is almost all the games/alphas/betas that I'm playing right now are running competitions to win 1080Tis just for playing. But every single one is US only! :blah:

I don't believe so, it'll just be using the launcher. The launcher that tanks frames if you leave it open and dare to play games :rollingeyes:

7. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

My main PC should be able to play the game fine at 1440p but I have already sketched out a Threadripper / 1080ti (power level) build to really make use of my monitor. Mrs is onboard as she will either the other PC to play the game or it will get used as a streaming box. :)

Sounds already like we will go from having 3 characters on each the PS4 and Xbone to having 3 on Ps4 and PC.... lol! :D

8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Refund complete!

Attached Files:

10. Hex

That's not quite true, that's only if playing in fullscreen, if you use borderless or windowed mode (which pretty much everyone streaming already does), then capture software works fine. I agree it's stupid, but a) it turns out it doesn't affect me or recording/streaming and b) I'd heard it was for the beta and nobody knew if it would be the case for the full game release (I would imagine it won't, even if planned, Destiny is HUGE on Twitch and there will be a backlash & they're not above changing things like this).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ar-game-capture-programs-and-discord-overlays

11. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

The problem for me is that Shadowplay is utter garbage compared to OBS.

The first issue is that it uses more resources so you loose more performance when you encode the stream/recording using the gpu.

The second issue is that the microphone options are lacking any sort of noise gate, filters, effects and more compared to the likes of OBS and Xsplit.

You cannot add the likes of Streamlabs or more than 3 images as a overlay.

All audio is recorded in 1 track rather than being able to put, say the game on track 1, mic on track 2, background music on track 3 and anything else that you may want.

You are limited to 1 webcam, you cannot add more for say 1 for your face, and another for someone else who might be in the room whilst you are recording/streaming if they are involved.

I honestly do not understand how they can think that limiting people to a poor piece of software or paying out money to record/stream is a good thing or even going to make the game any more fair to play.

I have never seen or heard of anyone saying that using the likes of OBS or MSI Afterburner is going to give someone an advantage over someone not using them, especially since they don't have wallhacks or aimbots in them which is what, I honestly believe someone at bungie thinks.

I get that for most people it wouldn't really be an issue but for those of us who wanted to put, up good quality video to youtube or twitch have just basically been told you cannot do it unless you pay money for a capture card and potentially a 2nd pc.

Borderless is fine in some games but in a fair few it drops the performance by up to 15% which for some people can mean the difference in being able to play at 60fps or not, if I try playing The Division in bordeless mode I can go from 110fps to 80fps, in Elite Dangerous I play it in borderless because of such things as Thrudds but if I play in fullscreen I gain around 8fps to 20fps dependent on where I am in game.

This has proper annoyed me, because I was really looking forward to playing it on the pc but this unless they change it has just killed it on the pc for me, never mind the stupidity of releasing it almost 2 months after the console version making it even harder, for anyone wanting to build a youtube/twitch channel based of the pc version of the game.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46101

12. Hex

I'm being devil's advocate here, remember I think this is dumb too, but unfortunately a lot of 'hacks'/aimbots do use the same ways to hook into games as direct capture programs.

Most people seriously into content creation will already have a beast rig that can cope OK with it, a 2nd PC for capturing or a cap card they can use anyway. Again, I still think this is silly and hope they try a 3rd party anti-cheat instead when it comes to the actual game honestly. Luckily for me I have a cap card and an HDMI splitter, so I can get around this easily. Not stoked that I have to 'get around' it though.

I'll be really honest, Destiny already has a big established community, it's not going to be an easy one to break into anyway as most of the known players will be on PC from October. The Destiny directory on Twitch is a lovely family, but just starting out will put you pretty far down the list for quite some time as the big names pull in multiple thousands and stream (twice) daily.

I was at first really happy how easily you got a refund as I'm really not sure my little potato PC will cope very well & am scared a Blizzard refund will involve getting a new passport, but then I saw you didn't get it from Blizzard, you used grey market, so I still don't know! :waah:

damien c likes this.
  13. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I get what your saying I honestly do, but I still think it's a crock and the conspiracy tin foil hat wearing part of me believes that this is just the start of crap like this from game companies since most of us know the game developers cannot be bothered to put out a good pc version, so if they can limit the support for stuff and call it "in the name of fairness" then they will do it as it makes there job easier.

I am going to keep an eye on this and will try the beta but honestly I still cannot see myself buying it again on the pc unless there is no difference between fullscreen and borderless fullscreen, and OBS actually works properly with it using the window/monitor capture since it doesn't work with a few already that I have tried.

Hex likes this.
  14. Hex

Yeah, I'd definitely try the beta just to see how it goes. If it goes badly, expect a lot of grief to head their way! Twitch has done wonders for Destiny and Bungie do seem to realise that, just hopefully far enough up the chain does too so that they don't make it prohibitively difficult for people to stream the game.

Some other things have come out that don't surprise me, but do annoy me. We still won't be able to edit characters in Destiny 2 :rollingeyes: and it sounds like the character customisation is identical to Destiny. It's a small thing, but in real life I change my hair colour monthly, my Destiny characters have been stuck looking the same for THREE YEARS! I hate it! I know it isn't a big deal, but I also can't see how it's that big of a thing to implement as so many other games do it. Even if they locked everything but hair colour & face-paint down it would be fine for me.

It seems a bit crazy that they're introducing a new platform but you can't do a one-time transfer of your save. There are a lot of people switching platforms, not just to PC, but there were people who only had Xbox and now have a PS4 as well, so will start out on there first this time. Knowing that we're getting emblems, etc. to show our previous progress but you can't use any of them if you switch platforms seems really silly to me. Also, they didn't even announce this stuff until after the data was transferred anyway (August 1st).

I think Destiny 2 would've been a really great flagship game for cross-progression across platforms. Fortnite kind of does it (though Xbox is missing out right now), but Destiny 2 could have benefited hugely from it IMHO. Almost all the current Destiny streamers, and definitely all of the major players, stream Destiny on PS4 and XB1. Many have announced they will start Destiny 2 on PS4 and then PC will be their main platform once it's released, but it's really easy to see that they will eventually have it on all 3 platforms to play with as many fans as possible. How much better would it be if they didn't have to level up 3 times (probably 9 honestly with one of each class on each platform)? No more "oh dammit, my favourite gun/gear is only on XB1 and we're on PC today" (PS4 timed exclusives will still be a thing, so not including those there). I just think this is such a missed opportunity. I'd have liked to have seen Destiny be a game-as-a-service, but I understand releasing Destiny 2 as they really needed to ditch the stuff left over from including legacy consoles. But this could've been a really cool fresh start. I feel like a big AAA is needed to really push cross-platform shenanigans. It's seeping in. So far only Sony have been wary of it, and that's kind of understandable as they're top dog right now, but with other games having cross-play between XB1, PC & Switch and Fortnite having Cross-Progression for PS4 & PC (and actually cross-play between PC & PS4, PC & XB1), it's no longer a case of "it'll never happen". I love Destiny so damn much I'd really hoped it would be The One™ :sad:

Sorry for all the wurdz, I care about this game way too much :hehe:

15. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Anyone played the PC Beta yet?

I have and it runs great, and OBS recording on my pc using Window Capture works really well so I have pre-ordered it again but this time through Blizzard.

16. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Yup, played really nicely on both of my systems in sig

~85fps average, 62fps min on ZPM Hive and ~50FPS average, 35fps min on Daedalus.

17. Hex

It's running pretty damn great on my low end PC. I did meet min specs, but only just. Expected it to run like arse to be honest, but it's amazing! So smooth! Really impressed. I guess this is what you get when you develop the PC version alongside console rather than porting! :thumb:

18. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Yeah it does feel really smooth, and I have seen people trying it on low end laptops and getting it to work albeit at low details but it worked.

Would be nice if they brought Destiny 1 over but I don't think that is going to happen ever, but atleast Destiny 2 is on the PC.

Hex likes this.
  19. Hex

Yeah I can even run it on High! Which was shocking. Mainly playing with some stuff on Low but it still looks amazing. I did set it all to Low yesterday just because I was only running through the intro 3 more times as I hadn't realised all my characters had been male... :rollingeyes: and my room was like a furnace anyway so thought I'd give my PC a bit of a break!

I also don't think it will happen, but they did have Destiny Silver on Steam for a little bit (it was in Destiny, but we don't know if it's in D2 yet or called something else)... so maybe? Would be nice if PC folks get into it and would like to blast through the first one.

Only real issues I'm having with it are that I cannot for the life of me get Borderless Windowed to not cut off the bottom of the screen. It refuses to go to the top, so bordered it is then, fullscreen messes everything up too much every time I alt-tab. Also Blizzard's app has to 'finalize' it every single time I open the app :grr:

Oh! Also, if any of you are planning on streaming it from PC. Make sure you have Real Names (and full battletags tbh) off in the settings in Destiny 2 itself! I have Real ID disabled, but it still showed myself my full real human name when I used chat which freaked me out. Apparently it only showed it to me (and would with Real ID friends if I used it), but if you're streaming, that's no good! Really do not understand why it isn't an opt-in rather than an opt-out. That made me so mad last night!

20. GravitySmacked

I've been giving the PC beta some loving and I'm definitely going to hold off and wait for the PC release now. It's so much better with a higher FPS and mouse/keyboard plus it looks gorgeous to boot.