1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bit-tech 2017 refresh feedback: Bugs and errors

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Dogbert666, 27 Jun 2017.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

You missed the contraction - Thought've :p:

2. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

3. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I've had a few drinks... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::thumb::winking::thumb::cooldude:

4. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

You can chalk this one up to crazy work IE11 shenaigans, but thought i'd share it, incase its a easy fix/issue for others...
    [​IMG]

P.S. I would like to say thanks for the patience and interest you @MLyons have shown in fixing issues raised by us users and for involving yourself in the wider forum :thumb:

5. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Please don't tell me that's at 100% zoom... What settings are you using? Wait hang on a second you're on a tech forum, why you using IE? :rollingeyes:

:blush:Thanks. Honestly means a lot.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: doesn't happen in edge. IE only issue == vodka needed

Last edited: 2 Aug 2017
  6. MadGinga

Oh god no, super zoomed out, so could fit the different image weirdness I was seeing in a single screenshot :grin:
    Yes, I know, IE11 + work proxies + incompetent outsourced IT department = probable source/cause but hey don't want you having nothing to do :naughty:

7. MLyons

IT's funny you mention your IT department this seems to be 100% on us actually as it happens to me at home. :duh:

That's one thing I can't see happening anytime soon :happy:
    I'm looking into the issue now but any fix I make probably won't go live today as I mainly work onm the forum and 2 of the people that can apply the fix to the site are on holiday :blah:

8. MadGinga

Its not overly breaking anything, so no rush required :)
    Would be nice to have captions/descriptions for the screenshots/pics too...

9. MLyons

Already fixed on my end just waiting for it to be applied to the server ;) It was just IE doing IE things different to every other browser.

This might actually be a work in progress if i remember correctly.

MadGinga likes this.
  10. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Are gif uploads either blocked or not working? I tried a few yesterday and got an error message.

11. MLyons

For profile avatars?

12. wolfticket

No, for use in a post. I was trying to upload either directly to a post (using the upload button that seems to be available intermittently) or to a personal album. Neither worked. Both went through 0-100% uploaded and then threw up and error.

13. MLyons

It's currently locked to certain parts of the forums while we evaluate the effect of it. Would rather be safe than tons of image suddenly being uploaded.
    Now this I'm interested in. Any chance you can upload and of the gifs you were trying to upload so i can have a look. Can't remember from the top of my head if it's some setting I've maybe over tuned or intentional. Also anf other info on the image would help. Also browser and OS? Please for the love of all that is holy don't say IE...

14. wolfticket

What's wrong with Internet Explorer 9 :oldconfused:...

Nah, Firefox, Windows 10 :thumb:

I was trying to upload a gif of Tacoma Narrows Bridge (for reasons :happy:) using this page:
    https://forums.bit-tech.net/index.php?media/add&album=true
    ...and none of the following files worked:
    ...giving this error after completing the progress bar:
    The same happened when clicking the "upload file" button on a post.

As far as I can tell they're all pretty unexceptional and reasonably small sized gifs. JPEGs work fine.

15. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

When I enter a thread its always on the first page, how can I set it so that its on the last? EG when I go into latest purchases its on page 1 which was started on 2007 :(

16. MLyons

it should go to the last page read if not you can click the highest number under the thread in the thread list page.

17. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks MLyons, I have to always click the highest number. If that's just how it is then no worries :thumb:

18. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Im not sure if it has been mentioned, but with Chrome on Android, there's a slight issue with the editing of a post. The save changes button doesn't appear unless you tap in the rough area it should be. No biggie, but I thought I'd point it out. :)

19. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Seeing looooooong (90sec-ish) delays fetching icons.css from file.myfontastic.com when loading the front page of the site. (FF 54.0 on Ubuntu 17.10)

20. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Having the same problem here on Opera Developer 48.0.2679.0.