1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Man's Sky: One Year On

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 1 Aug 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. SinxarKnights

SinxarKnights Minimodder

I didn't think it was that bad either. Just super over hyped. That being said I recently tried it again as well and found it boring as when I left it last time. Sure there are new things like vehicles and base building but IMO it doesn't really add much to the game. It is still about running around collecting resources and exploring systems. Not that it is a bad thing, it is just too repetitive for me personally. When I put it down the first time it was because it was just tedious after so many planets and scanning so many aliens, having to repair your equipment after every black hole jump it eventually got to me. When jumping back in with a fresh start, I have that same feeling all over again and don't want to play anymore.

All IMO of course.

3. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

I don't really get the base building aspect. I thought the point of the game was to explore the whole universe, following the atlas path to get to the "end game", but if your building a base, that locks you down to that area and removes most of the exploration side of things.

I suppose if you build a base up on a rich planet to get enough resources for upgrades to then be able to jump along the path a fair way then it kind of works, but it just seems like more grind to me.

The rovers seem a good idea, but I'm assuming you have to leave them at bases and can't take them with you, if they'd made it so that the rovers could dock into the ships like elite then I reckon that would've worked better.

4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I was so tempted by NMS pre-launch, but held off because after it was delayed as I was rather busy at the time it actually released. Picked it up in the recent Steam sale and side from the neon-everything (which does wear after a while)... I've really enjoyed what I played of it so far. Is it the greatest game ever? No. But it's not a bad game, in the way some games are. It just suffered from utterly unrealistic expectations; something which seems to be increasing common recently.

5. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

It probably wouldn't help too much, because there is like a 99.99% chance that you will give up long before you get anything beneficial in the base or gain access to a Rover, because until you do you will still have to put up with the most rage inducing inventory system ever conceived.

6. Taua

Taua What's a Dremel?

"74,000 reviews which amount to a 'Mostly Negative' rating. That’s just silly."

The game has been shown to be basically devoid of content and was launched with false information, seems accurate to me.

7. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I have to agree. Not only is the game boring, people were misled. There are threads and posts and facts to back this up. Not to mention the total silence from the developer after the game was released. They deserve the negative feedback.

Tags: Add Tags