1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete ⭐ Tower Level 10 - Complete! Final Photos and Build Video - Voting is live!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Maki role, 10 May 2017.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Totally impractical, but totally cool.

2. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

It's not bad if you have a strong desk, lots of headroom and never plan on moving it again... Ever.

Handy thing is the motherboard could change, same with the GPU and it will function fine as none of that stuff is plumbed in. Only limitation is sticking to a motherboard with a single 8 pin power and a single GPU with 1 8 pin only. That said the cables can just be replaced as I've made each section modular, three sets of cables in this build in total haha.

Guest-23315 likes this.
  3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Acrylic is forking amazing. Love the silver too.

4. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

It's a gourmet feast for the eyes :D

That be some serious eye candy going on there Alex :cool:

[​IMG]

5. Maki role

Then I think you two may like this update :D

It is filled! All that's left is to fix up the cable management now and assemble the panels together. In order to keep up a little suspense for the final reveal, I've decided to stick to closer shots for now. I'm going to be doing the final photos tomorrow hopefully, nice and on time for Sunday.

First up though, it was time to sleeve and adjust the fan cables. This was significantly more tedious than I first realised since each fan as 8 WIRES!!
    DSC_1583.jpg DSC_1598.jpg DSC_1600.jpg DSC_1601.jpg

And before people die, no I won't be keeping the fans on rainbow mode. I haven't hooked them up to windows yet so they're stuck on their default for now.
    DSC_1603.jpg

6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'm not sure if its what you were going for, but the milling marks look awesome with the black.

Guest-56605 likes this.
  7. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

And to follow up with what Mankz has said, that's honestly the first time I've seen a build using black coolant that looks right - it sets everything off perfectly.

8. Maki role

It was a bit of a gamble really, but I think you're right. I never would have had the time to polish out the marks as they were quite deep thanks to a tool chip, so I'm very relieved they work well with the black haha. I'm fairly sure that with another colour they would have looked terrible

I've been wanting to do a black coolant build for aaaaages but the right time never came up, got 3 other mods all in my head waiting to be filled with the stuff haha.

2017_s1_2.png

So this is a huge moment for the build, we have reached completion! The deadline is tomorrow, so it couldn't have finished at a better time really. I'd like to thank Thermaltake for hosting this contest and providing a platform for so many amazing mods to come to fruition. I'd also like to thank all the sponsors involved in providing hardware, and of course thank you to all who've followed the project here and elsewhere! It makes such a big difference to receive so much feedback and encouragement along the way, brings out the true modding spirit in the event :D

But enough waffle, let's get some pictures eh? Since there's an upload limit I'll share it across two posts.

DSC_1635.jpg

DSC_1623.jpg

DSC_1626.jpg

DSC_1633.jpg

DSC_1671.jpg

9. Maki role

Continued...

DSC_1651.jpg

DSC_1664.jpg

DSC_1647.jpg

DSC_1636.jpg

DSC_1677.jpg

I know this following shot will anger many, many folk around here :hehe:

DSC_1684.jpg

There will be more photos to follow :thumb:

10. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

That's the most unorthodox (but at the same time it makes sense), minimalist in it's own right, big build I've ever seen...

Love it!!! :D :D :D

11. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I absolutely love it! :D I bet it sounds like a shop vac with the fans covered like that, though. Love how the light gives only a vague hint of color. Your photo shoot setup must have been a work of art as well to not have any reflections.

12. Maki role

Thank you! Building super big always makes me a little uneasy when it's not strictly necessary, so I'm glad it's paid off haha

Ayy c'mon Cheaps I definitely thought about that bit haha. The fans basically have access to huge amounts of fresh air through the side vent and through the bottom, there's next to no restriction. As such I think this is actually the quietest gaming system I've built, the radiator is so overkill for the components that the fans can stay at 5-600RPM and never need spin up. The loop itself seems to work fine with the pump set to 1.5 also, conveniently the black coolant against the reservoir acts a bit like a flow indicator haha.

Reflections were a pain, I wasn't able to photo the big window without completely failing, which is a shame. I'll give it another go later though, luckily I have a big polarising filter so that helped a lot.

13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Just mind blowing. Easily your best yet. It's like this is the big one that you can incorporate all of your amazing ideas into and do them all at once :D

Not sold on the RGB though. White would do me :)

14. Maki role

Haha and that's the beauty of RGB, just set to white and you're good. That was my plan too, although I felt it a good idea to put in some RGB pics for the sake of the contest since RGB is the main selling point for many of the products provided.

Bah from a personal standpoint I love this rig, but it's very much a learn on the job one. I can't wait to try doing a proper personal build again where I can really push things, only so much you can do with a couple months of work time + other commitments :/

15. Maki role

Voting is live folks! It's going to be an uphill struggle with this one, so every vote really will matter. You can find the link to the voting page here:

http://community.thermaltake.com/index.php?/topic/64330-vote-now/

If you did enjoy the build, please do consider lending your support, it would very much be appreciated :D

In addition, here's a video of the final build, I'll also be posting up a whistle-stop video of the creation too!

16. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

And voted :thumb:

Good luck Alex, you have some very very stiff competition there fella.

17. sylvainyo

sylvainyo What's a Dremel?

Impressive job
    I keep wondering, are the o-rings really usefull since your black liquid doesn't even seem to touch it ? I'm curious to know if the watercooling would work without those o-rings

18. Maki role

Thanks man!

Yup they're essential unless you decide to glue the panels together. It doesn't look like it touches mostly because the gap is so thin, even with a heavy pigment like that black it's too thin to see the colour. But without them the coolant would just seep out of the block for sure. Several others glue their panels together so it's perfectly possible to do it without o-rings, I just prefer this method.