1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi So, what are you playing now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kronos, 29 Apr 2014.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Started Dying Light again but the relentless grinding at the beginning of this game is bloody tedious.

2. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

3. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Finally giving Fallout 4 a proper go now I've got a decent enough GPU.

Problem is, getting in and out of Power Armour, I've got a glitch where the Pipboy has disappeared, unless you're in the Armour. I've tried all the online recommended fixes and zilch has worked.

So i've either got to cheat and get Fusion Cores that don't drain, or I've got to start over, and lose ~12 hours of gameplay.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Funny you say that, Mankz !

I figured I would play through Fallout 4 again on ultra everything, now that I had a Titan XP. Problem is the game was refusing to load. Did the cache thing, didn't work. Dirt Rally isn't loading either. Any way, I decided to reinstall FO4, not realising it now weighs in at around 100gb. FFS. So it'll be a while before I can play it :(

However, I did try out Just Cause 3. Now bear in mind I am running 1440p. I tried it on two rigs, one had a 5820k in it with a Titan XM and the other had a 8 core Ivy and Fury X. On both rigs it stuttered bad. Even with the settings around medium when a lot was going off it used to stutter. Driving was the worst..

Any way, it now goes along as smooth as butter, completely maxed out. Not had a single stutter which for this game is pretty incredible. Really looking forward to FO4 now. I'm going to do it as a woman (it changes some of the perks etc) and play through again :) did it as a bloke inc all of the DLC so it's time to start a fresh :)

5. Vault-Tec

Had some pretty major issues last night. Tried launching FO4 from Steam, it wasn't working. It switched to "Game Running" then about three seconds later went back to "Play". Tried verifying game cache, nothing. Reinstalled completely, nothing. Now I am starting to panic. Tried Dirt Rally same problem..

Went to the FO4 folder in Steam and tried a cold launch. "X3D something is either missing or does not work on this version of Windows". After some major searching on the web I deleted and reinstalled using the DX web setup thing. Bingo ! FO4 works a treat. Did the same thing with Dirt Rally, got a D3D Compiler error. Same again, removed it, rebooted and ran DX web set up.

I think the corruption was caused by the OR when I plugged it in before installing the store. Ooops.

About an hour into FO4 now. Playing as a lady. Feels really weird, but with the high res textures and special gun textures it looks rather nice.

6. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Gone back to Breath of the Wild on my Wii U as I got the new DLC for it. It installs a 'master mode' reminiscent of the old Ocarina of Time's Master Quest. It puts high level enemies everywhere, makes the game generally difficult. It's the kind of challenge I strive for. This game was already great, but with the extra difficulty, it's fantastic.

7. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Splatoon 2!

Some people may dismiss it based purely on the visual style but it is honestly a great multiplayer game.

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Dying Light again but this time I am doing pretty much every quest/mission.
    I think I preferred the Slums to the Old Town for gameplay though it is frustrating until you get a half decent weapon.

9. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm trying to smash through some of my backlog at the moment so I'm playing The Order 1886 on PS4; actually better than I thought it was going to be.

10. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Just finished DOOM.

That was literally everything I wanted from that game and more.
    Nothing like pulling an Imps head in two to make you smile.

MadGinga likes this.
  11. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Just playing through this now for the first time - so much fun with so many nods to the original whilst staying new.

12. Vault-Tec

Played some Metal Slug 3 earlier on my Android console. Forgot how awesome it was, but I really need to remap the controls !

13. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

14. Darkwisdom

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

I've only just started playing it and man, it's fantastic. I've been following the progress on their updates but now i'm playing it, my expectations are fulfilled nicely. The binaural sound is just incredible, it adds to the atmosphere of the game in general and it makes you experience Senua's Psychosis; it can be genuinely distressing at times. The game toys with you and messes with you, it reminds me a lot of the gamecube game "Eternal Darkness" that played tricks on you as you go more insane. The combat is fast and fluid and there isn't technically a UI, only a small trinket on your belt that glows to advise you in combat. The voices also try to both help and harm you, insult you and throw you off, it all adds to the thick, dark, horrifying atmosphere.

There's apparently a permadeath mechanic that deletes your save game if you die too much, but it's apparently quite complicated and there seems to be a certain way to trigger it, but that existential threat is linked to the main characters continual fear and it's a fantastic option to include, it makes you worry and stress that little bit more. You never know when and where it'll happen. The Viking mythology blended with Senua's personal struggles make for an interesting story and although it's technically an indie game, it looks absolutely beautiful. It's built on Unreal 4 and it looks astonishing good and it's incredibly well optimised. Even with my modest specs, it runs at 60fps at all times as far as I can see; no stutters, no memory leaks, nothing of the sort. It looks utterly demanding, but it plays buttery smooth.

This game is a niche one, and it's a short one at about 10 hours apparently. But it's half the price of a normal AAA game.

15. GravitySmacked

I'm really tempted to buy it myself, it looks great. Are you playing the PC version? I've heard it's quite a lacklustre port.

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I did 100 or so hours of Motorsport Manager, created a whole new team, pwned it and got bored. But 100 hours was worth the cash. It satisfied more than the 80odd hours I spent on FO4.
    Then played two Civ VI matches that lasted 15 hrs after reading about recent free updates. Religion is still the weakest part of the game. "France is leading in religion" You can convert my cities but they'll still be my cities. You can't dodge my artillery fire and tanks.
    I'm trying to play BOTW on CEMU 1.9.0c but the performance sucks ass, so now probably onto Resident Evil VI I picked up in the last Steam Sale. It's a shame they stopped making proper Resident Evil's after 4, but I'm willing to try it.

17. Darkwisdom

The textures aren't amazing, but it seems to be a pretty decent port. I've only heard of one negative review, which was Jim Sterling that spited it because he encountered a bug and couldn't finish it. I've played for a couple of hours and i've not encountered anything. It's a very niche game, you need to like niche art games to be a big fan of it. It's more of an experience, one that I personally think is worth it.

You need to do loads of tweaking for CEMU. I have a Wii U, so I can play it anyway. I tried CEMU and you need to tweak it, use a premade Shader Cache, use a texture pack,etc.

18. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Dying Light again and did every mission quest just moved on to The Following DLC and again doing pretty much everything even the volatile hives which can be a pain.

19. GravitySmacked

Good to hear, I've read it supports 21:9 natively too so I've picked it up ready to start playing tonight :)

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I have, I've tried tweaking a lot of options but it still seems like a no-go. I might go buy a cheap Wii U to play it, I'm not sure. I also want a PS4 for Zero Dawn and Last of Us, as I've never played them too, but that's also $ for a console I'll only use twice.