1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education The weight loss thread

Discussion in 'General' started by mansueto, 25 Feb 2013.

1. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

16st11 today.

I'm there - I'm in the 16s. Chuffed :)

Now roll on the 15s!

2. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Ran a 5k yesterday for the first time in a while. Made the mistake of going out at the hottest point of the day (2pm) with having nothing to eat or drink all day.

I was dreadful. Im not going to post my time but needless to say I may have been better off walking it.

Weight is slowly coming off as myself and fiance are on a strict diet. We have a trip to florida in November so would like to get to my ideal weight before then.

3. Margo Baggins

20.5kg lost in 16 weeks.

now I weigh 15st4lb

42" waist down to 34" waist, and now the problem seems to be getting my big legs into the trousers rather than doing up the waist!

Byron C likes this.
  4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Nice work :).

I've come down ~23kg (58lbs) in 15 weeks. I used to need a ~48" waist but I recently had to send back some new 44" waist jeans as they were too big. Replaced them with a pair of 42" jeans and they fit fine (little tight around the arse, but at the rate I'm going that won't be a problem for long). I have a pair of cycling shorts with a 40" waist that I'm looking forward to being able to fit into :). It's nice to be back in "normal people" size clothes.

This is gonna cost me a bloody fortune: I've already had to buy new motorcycle gear because what I have is comically large on me. A new summer jacket, which cost me around £120, and I've just ordered new kevlar jeans at £100 a pop. Not entirely comfortable wearing baggy gear, if I ever come off then the armour/padding is going to shift and not be where it needs to be. I'm also concerned as to whether my helmet will still fit me in a couple of months time!

5. Margo Baggins

those are quite some big numbers! well done dude :)

I'm about to buy my third pairs of work trousers in a smaller size, so yes - is very expensive! I don't think I can ever go smaller than 34" trousers, I now have a new problem where my legs are so massive they barely fit in size 34" waist regular fit jeans. changed my training a bit, now I do strong man training with a strong man coach twice a week, HIIT twice a week, and mess about in the gym once or twice a week.

6. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Starting AGAIN today. I've become very good at losing a chunk of weight, then slowly putting it back on.
    Today I weighed in at just under 223lbs, so just shy of 16st.
    I'm going on holiday in 4 weeks so my minimum target for that is 210lbs. I tend to drop weight very quickly when I start trying, so I reckon I can get close to 200lbs.
    I'm also being forced in to exercise due to the partial closure of the Metro in Newcastle for 5 weeks. It's now a 25 min walk to the nearest station as another 10-12ish minutes to work on the other side. I'm throwing in short gym sessions at lunch at well, just to help me along.
    So that's the exercise sorted, I just have to behave with the food...

7. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Last weighin was 255, but I've lost enough my 38" waist pants are trying to come off. Goal is to get down to 170. And I can't work out too easily with Marfan, so I am starting with a medication change instead. I gained something like 55 pounds on Zyprexa, so I swapped to Abilify and I've been able to see a visible change in a very short time. Hope it keeps up, I have winter dresses I want to wear.

8. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I lost 3 stone 9lbs but unfortunately I've put 12lbs back on which is really annoying, I seem to just stick around the 15st mark.

I attribute same weight gain to the new leg muscles I have gained but its probably only a pound or two.

I am riding 12 miles a day on my bike and its really hilly round here and I push myself, slowly getting my average mph up and I finally broke the 13mph average the other day which isn't bad for hilly riding and in windy weather, my app says I'm burning on average 750 calories a ride, I take that with a pinch of salt though.

I found I had to increase my calories due to my cycling as after doing a bit of research if your not giving your body enough calories your body tends to burn muscle first, low and behold I upped my calories by 500 and lost 6 pound in a week (unfortunately 5 day holiday corrected that :( )

Really want to get down to about 13 and a half stone though.

9. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

Three gym sessions done this week and 70 mins of decent-pace walking each day with a rucksack (laptop, gym kit, drinks etc.) which I'm happy as a start. Feeling it a bit today so may have to take it easy. I've not done too badly on food, either. Just need to keep it up for another 3.5 weeks.

10. Margo Baggins

I'm knackered today, and no rest day until sunday :(

Had deadlift coaching session on wednesday for 2 hours, HIIT last night, tonight I'm going to do some squatting, atlas stones and conditioning, then hopefully I'll be back in the gym tomorrow morning at 9am to do some chest and maybe some more deadlifting.

11. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Got weighed at the doctor's yesterday. Lost 11 pounds. Good start, though I do not recommend the gastroenteritis diet. Thankfully that cleared up.

12. Margo Baggins

I'm really struggling to get under 15 stone! It's doing my head in. The weight loss has slowed right down, nothing else has changed. Super frustrating! That being said, I want to get under 15 for no other reason than I want to weigh less than 15 stone :)

13. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I could write this as a really long, descriptive post, but there's really no point so I'm going to write the fairly condensed version instead.

When I last posted in this thread I was hovering somewhere around the 200lbs mark; I'd lost 35lbs. Some things happened since then. I had the worst year of my adult life with stress, depression, injuries and to top it all off I also managed to develop an eating disorder. I also got an 8-6 desk job, something I said that I would never do. So the damage is that I'm now back to almost where I started, weighed 234lbs on Tuesday of this week. Now, it's time for that 35lbs to go away again.

I can't take part in any strenuous activity or exercise because I'm basically the walking wounded for several days after every weights session, run or day of manual labour thanks to a bad left knee, bad right hip, extremely fragile and constantly injured left shoulder (which may require surgery early next year) and a fragile lower back.

So, the plan is to go back on the <2000 calories per day lean foods diet and go for a long walk 3-4 times per week.

14. Margo Baggins

thats annoying that training is pretty much unfeasible. I find eating clean quite easy and aim for 1800 calories a day, and have done so now for nearly 4 months. I eat bacon and eggs for breakfast most days :D so i find it quite easy.

For me completely axing out all bread based things, pastry things, anything that isn't a real food - I'm not sure if that's the right term, but all I really eat now are complete foods, like vegetables or unprocessed meat (except bacon).

I dont really snack, and I don't drink alcohol, so makes balancing the numbers easier. on strength training days though I do tend to eat more, like 2000/2200 calories.

I try to aim for 7 fruits or veg a day as well. I do train a lot, but I'm sure if I didn't the weight loss would still be consistent with just the diet. One day every couple of weeks I eat whatever nice things I like, as there is no denying nice things are still nice.

15. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

been reading this thread on and off for a heck of a while now. my target is to be around 15stones by my next bday in march. just dumped a ton of my size 55 trousers and motorbike gear

simply the hardest thing i have ever done and i am pretty proud of what i have achived or rather lost!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Fantastic progress mate, you definitely should be happy with that.

I was a little lighter than you when I started in April at 154.6kg and at the last weigh-in I was down to 123.8kg. It was actually down to 121.7kg a few weeks ago, but we've had a really crappy couple of weeks and it's kind of gone out the window lately. It's so much easier to throw something in the oven, grab a supermarket pizza, or order a takeaway; after a long day at work the last thing I want to do is stand over the hob and cook a proper healthy meal, and all this **** with the motorbike insurance claim recently just makes it that harder to stick to. My interim target is to get down to 18st (252lbs, 114.3kg) and then I'm going to start hitting the gym and getting back out on my bike (bicycle that is). I want to ride the Wales Velothon next June.

Definitely sympathise when it comes to getting rid of clothes. I've got loads of great t-shirts I want to keep, but they're all several sizes too large for me! I've gone from a ~48"/50" waist (depending on the brand) down to 40"; 19.5" collar to ~18" (IIRC); and from XXXXL shirt/t-shirt size down to XL/XXL (it would be simpler if everyone made clothes to the same size, wouldn't it?.... ffs...). The motorbike stuff is damn expensive to replace; I only bought my 48" kevlar jeans back in March and by late August they were simply comical on me. Had to get a new jacket too - there are only so many layers you can wear to pad things out.

17. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Let's revive the thread! :D

I've lost a total of 10 lbs since the start of the year with minimal effort (seriously) and have started going to the gym. I'm down three belt sizes and feel so much better for it.

The journey from obese to beast is well and truly on the way! :D

LennyRhys and Yaka like this.
  18. Yaka

Yaka Multimodder

i am 116kg now. kinda platued a bit after new years i was hoping to be between 105/110 kg by now i set me self a daft target of 100kgs which is 15 1/2 stone by end of march.

whats great is that drastic reduction of m00bs i had a rack that woulda put most page 3 models to shame chest was 139cm, now its 113cm

been doing mostly cardio and kettle bell workouts. recently got a power rack for some barbell strength training still need to set it all up

LennyRhys likes this.
  19. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

+1 to keeping this thread going. It's been exactly two years since I last attempted serious dieting, and I'm doing it again because I started to approach 15 stone earlier this yea and my waist is getting too big. At the moment I'm just over 14 stone, and that's after a week of a very restrictive diet during which time I've lost around 5-6 lbs.

Following suit with Yaka I've got myself a 16kg kettlebell which I've been throwing around a bit and will keep working at every day for 15 or 20 mins. It's a great feeling and very different to weight training, which I used to do four or five days a week. My long-term target weight is 12 stone but I'm setting realistic goals first... so next stop is an even 14 stone.

As most of you probably know, successful weight loss requires not just diet and exercise but a lifestyle adjustment as well. I plan to walk more and be more active generally, stop snacking, stop eating crap food, and drink more healthy drinks (as opposed to my usual 10 cups of tea a day).

Yaka likes this.
  20. bionicgeekgrrl

bionicgeekgrrl Minimodder

Back to Slimming World again. Previously lost 5.5st.

Currently lost 1st3lb after a couple of bad weeks putting 5.5lb back on.