1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hilliary vs. Trump: The 2016 US Presidental Election

Discussion in 'Serious' started by rainbowbridge, 27 Sep 2016.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Basically we've had this since Kim Jong Un took over...

[​IMG]

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

If we had NK wouldn't still be pushing ahead with it's nuclear weapons program.

3. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

So apparently the whole NK thing was Trump improvising. :hehe:

He should do standup with those skills.

4. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Yet at the same time in Tillerson land...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/07/world/asia/north-korea-asean-tillerson.html

While on previous occasions the public line was always that NK should drop its entire nuclear program for talks to happen, so its suddenly Tillerson going soft on NK rather than China, which would be rather amusing if the stakes wouldn't be so high.

5. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I'm not sure NK will be taken in by a good cop, bad cop routine, i know they don't get much western media in over there but surely they know that routine.

6. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Indeed, if the solution was that simple the problem would have been solved decades ago, maybe the orange one is projecting a solution that would work on him:hehe:

7. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

'Meetings and Calls!'

[​IMG]

8. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Favourite Trumpinion image of the day

[​IMG]

9. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

10. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

11. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

12. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

13. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Concerning Trump's latest press conference, I don't think he was wrong about the 'Alt-Left' thing. There is an extreme Left in the U.S.A and they are as bad as the extreme right, but the medias won't talk about it because of their political agenda (CNN & co).

Last edited: 16 Aug 2017
  14. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I'm inclined to agree however i don't think the media and others are doing it because they want to discredit Trump, not that they're not doing that they certainly are but that's separate from the point i want to make.

Personally i think both groups are to blame however i feel the white supremacists, Nazis, alt-right or whatever you want to call them should shoulder most of the blame for many reasons, chiefly among which is the person who killed someone and injured many more associated with them and they choose to hold the gathering in the first place.

However you can't have a fight or argue with yourself and as such the alt-left are just as culpable IMO for bothering to turn up in the first place.

It's more complex than that but personally i feel the media does people a disservice when they distil things down to simple black & white, right & wrong responses.

15. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Honest question: what groups on the left are as bad as literal neo-nazis and white supremacists?
    Who's the David Duke, the Richard Spencer of the left?

I think I have a pretty clear idea of what "alt-right" is and what they stand for (in their own words and the views of others), but have genuinely no idea what or who the alt-left is, let alone what their ideology is (and what would differentiate them from "regular" (extreme) leftists). Could anyone provide a helpful article or post maybe?

16. Disequilibria

Disequilibria Minimodder

Well nazis are extreme left themselves (if you have any objective and internally consistent political spectrum). They just hate different groups. (I can see racial supremacists holding views across the spectrum and just disliking a racial group because.... bigotry.)
    But aside from that in terms of violence and/or views Antifa*, some sectors of BLM*, many Marxists, radical feminists...

*both of these groups have members/associates that have killed people, assaulted and caused millions in damages. Antifa seem to have it as their modus operandi, I don't know what's up with BLM's associates who commit violence and I have no idea how many agree, encourage or engage in these acts entirely but violence happens nearly everywhere they turn up.

[​IMG]

Collectivism and identity politics is bad M'kay

17. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Still struggling to see or find any equivalence, either statistically or morally.

18. TheBlackSwordsMan

Alt-Right - "I don't like Blacks and Mexicans. Each time I see a negro, I want to punch him. Each time I see a Latino, I want to deport him"

Alt-Left - "We are all equals, men, women, black or white. I'll beat the **** out of everyone who think differently"

Alt-Delete - "I'm getting out of this country!"

Risky likes this.
  19. TheBlackSwordsMan

Look at Charlotteville's charming neighborhood. Oh hello there, don't mind me... *slowly backing away

[​IMG]

20. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

To be fair the alt-right (i hate that word) used to do far more than just punch and deport people they didn't like, and the alt-left (why's everything gotta be "alt") formed as direct opposition to the alt-right, a sort of fight fire with fire thing.