1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What did you LAST repair?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dude111, 1 Jan 2017.

1. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

The 80mm Delta fits but the 120mm doesn't. I SAID... O NEVER MIND.

2. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

My son's department store RC car. The plate the antenna screwed into was dislodged and wasn't able to reattach the antenna. Was pleasantly surprised when the car disassembled with just 6 screws and no snap tabs. Non of the department store RC cars I had as a child were that serviceable.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

That reminds me, I must fix my Cougar for summer. I built it a couple of years ago, took it to an old airfield and literally blew the back tyres off, even though they were glued on. Car has so much torque and power it just shreds tyres lol.

4. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

I've got a proper RC car, in the basement some where, which needs a new battery pack. When I tried to replace the pack was sad to learn that the size I needed was non standard and not manufactured any more. Considered upgrading to LiPo and DC brushless but decided against it as I'd probably have the same same problem. Too much torque thus making the car too hard to control.

5. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

My last noteworthy fix was on our Maytag dishwasher, I found out that the sump screen was clogged with debris which was blocking 80% of the water sent throu the propeller. BOOOOOOOOOM brand new again, now It can strip the dirtiest of pans.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I found a floor lamp in a skip, I love raking in skips though the pickings are rubbish these days. Anyway cleaned it up inserted a bulb all working so just needed to get a half decent lamp shade and the jobs a goodun.
    Except that I did not measure the diameter of the part where the ring of the lamp shade fits over and needless to say the ring on the shade was too small.

Out with the junior hacksaw cut the ring in half then used Sugru to fix it to the holder, works a treat.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Two bowls my daughter had decorated at a pottery painting place a year or two ago, which both had chips in. Quick application of fine-white Milliput and they'll be good as new - although given the bowls are orange and green respectively, it's not the most subtle of repairs...

8. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

done a fair amount of laptop screens for friends and family. really enjoy doing them.

9. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

New bike chain after it had been sitting for about 3 months out in the rain… The chain went on fine, as did the lube… unfortunately trying to adjust the gears so it works perfectly is above my pay grade.

10. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Sorry for semi-necro'ing this somewhat old thread, but I think it's still a useful topic.

Restored this squeaky, rough, dusty camera with non-functional slow speeds...
    [​IMG]

... back to (90% of) its original glory.
    [​IMG]
    And cleaned the above previously rather hazy lens.

Now it's become the best feeling (and looking) camera I've owned yet. Oozes workmanship and design without compromises.
    A huge advantage of being able to do (basic) repairs is you can buy "broken" stuff other people don't want for cheap and bring it back to perfect functionality.

11. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

What a beauty! Nice work :thumb:

12. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Pfft. I super-glued a flower back onto a hair clip.

MeMo and Pliqu3011 like this.
  13. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Allot of holes with exterior filler

14. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

Good Job!! Very Strong work

15. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Toilet seat for the gents at work. How it broke, lord only knows!

16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

A big tin of baked beans and several pints of Guinness the night before?

17. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Someone the size of a Sasquatch with a bit of a bowell problem after eating the beans and guiness suggested above ?

Either that or I sat on it.

18. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I've been doing loads of small stuff lately. Stuff I should have done after the dust had settled and we had moved in. Today I tackled the ugly AF power strip on the wall. I tried to mount it properly on screws but the brick was so soft I gave up after drilling one in. So I tried double sided foam and that did not work, so I went for the strong 3M stuff. It lasted about three days with the rad on (as it's right above it) and then fell off, pulling loads of paint off of the wallpaper etc. So from there on it just looked like turd. Today I removed the rest of the 3m stuff, repainted that part of the wall with a £2 touch up set and then drilled some proper holes with better fixings. It looks so much better now :)

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

A buddy of mine who works on the floor above me told me that a few months ago all the toilet seats had been broken in the gents on his floor. Apparently people had been doing poopie by standing on the toilet seat and squatting. WT-actual-F is wrong with people...

20. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Thats given me an image I really didn't want whilst eating lunch - that has well and truly put me off my food today !