1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What did you LAST repair?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dude111, 1 Jan 2017.

1. daveypro

daveypro Minimodder

www.squattypotty.co.uk not advertising but apparently its the new way to poo!

meant to quote Byron C's post, missed that somehow

2. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Really ? Whats wrong with just sitting on the bog and giving birth to King Kongs Finger ? The mind boggles what people will do when they are told something is good for them or the best way to do something.

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Had this all the time at a site where I work its insane. Its something to do with religious beliefs from what I gather.

4. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I shudder to think what happens when people poop like this at home and how many bog seats they actually get through.

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It is definitely a cultural thing, squat toilets are far more common in many parts of the world; in many places they're seen as cleaner and more hygienic (so long as your aim is good, I guess)

Well apparently they can just use one of these :grin:

6. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

The squat position is excellent for the prevention and also relief from hemorrhoids since your colon lines up better with you rectum.

On a bum related note, today I turned 7 broken office chairs into five not broken office chairs, one only partly broken office chair and one horrific flayed cadaver of an office chair. I am thinking about leaving it strung up in the HR office as a warning to those who would abuse office supplies.

Last edited: 18 Aug 2017
  7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yep it makes everything flow without pushing so the movement itself is more satisfying. However it's a PITA to balance yourself and frankly dangling the two boys so close to the ground makes me nervous.

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I just came into this thread, read that, and figured you were talking about taking a dump. lmfao.

Edit. Wait, you were? lmfaox2

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I use them everyday in work. Knowledge sharing!

10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I used them a few times in France as a kid. Two chrome handles on the wall and a tiny hole to aim for lol.

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yeah, you can thank me for lowering the tone :thumb:

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It improves your aim, unless you've got the squirts.

13. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

In an attempt to raise the tone and get back on topic...

Today, I mended a wooden coat hanger that had the trouser rail broken off for the second time.

The first time, I used Araldite Rapid which is c**p, not 1/5 the strength of good old original Araldite, which I couldn't fine in the shops locally.

That repair failed quickly, so round 2, after a scrape off and prep. Gorilla Glue to the rescue! That's more like it, and feels a stronger bond.

Odd to use, glue one side of the the repair, and dampen the other; hold/clamp together for a couple of hours and it's done.

I have been roundly ridiculed at home for doing this on such a cheap and easily replaceable item :(, if nothing else it was a good test of Gorilla Glue on a non critical item

14. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

[​IMG]

The flapper valve of my guest toilet. Yay for home ownership.

15. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Nah mate, why cause waste and spend money when you can fix something?

16. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Not sure if it counts as "last repaired" since it's been going on for months and isn't quite done, but...

Almost finished rebuilding one of my kayaks. I originally built it about 5 years ago entirely out of recycled materials, but the deck rotted badly and so i replaced the deck and one of the bulkheads and re-worked the cockpit. The support for the rear hatch is drying right now and it's possible that she will go in the water today or tomorrow!

17. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

Strong work why replace if you can repair!! Besides you can replace if the repair fails!!!!! Go for the save money approach first.

18. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

Ahahahahaha I don't know what strikes me funnier in this thread.....the broken toilet seats, hanging the boys that close to the gound, or the squawty potty's, or all of it.......or maybe its just that no matter what our age or back ground "poop" is just funnny!!!!!:p

19. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

And yeah if you have the squirts there is no safe place!!!!! Omg apparently this is quite entertaining to me for WER.....:D

20. MeMo

MeMo It is what it is

Ok one more then I will leave it alone......the balance thing is also funny!!! LMSAO