1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Wolfenstein Old Blood: Enjoyed this though it is quite short and the weapons felt under powered. Had to switch on God mode for the final boss as I hate final bosses, even then it was a pain. On to New Order now.

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Wolfenstein The New Order: Pretty much a repeat as above. Enjoyed the game but some of the weapons were rubbish and I had to God mode the final boss.

3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I was considering getting this game for my PS4! Now I normally wouldn't play anything that is FPS on a console, but I rarely use the PS4 and this game is only £3.99 at the moment. This should get me using the console again and I am not losing much if I don't like it I suppose

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Definitely worth it.

Mr Happy likes this.
  5. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

You played those in the wrong order imho, Kronos.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Quite possibly but as they were second or even third playthroughs and mainly done to get all the collectables then it really did not matter.

7. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Ah, thought you were playing them for the first time!

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Having to go through my back catalogue and play games again as there is not much out there at the moment.

9. Rydema

Rydema What's a Dremel?

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Deus Ex: Human Revolution; I am so impressed with myself. First game I have ever foresaken my usual storm in all guns blazing and went stealth all the way except for the police station quest where it all fell apart. But apart from that quest and the bosses, who were surprisingly easy I did not kill a soul.
    On the the DLC The Missing Link whee I note that the only achievement I do not have is completing this without installing any praxis to augment my abilities.

11. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Probably the best game I'll never play again.

Was it fun? Actually no, not really. The puzzles were not challenging and quite irritating at times and the combat was quite simple. But Ninja Theory's dedication to letting the player experience Senua's psychosis and delusions really shows. The way the camera works in combination with the binaural audio is quite clever. In the beginning I really enjoyed the new "gimmicks" but the game is incredibly relentless. The pressure of the voices and patterns just never eases off. In the end I found the experience quite harrowing in a way even a youtube let's play just cannot convey, nevermind a written review. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice has to be experienced first hand.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Dishonored 2: 19hrs

I tried to do it properly but even trying my hardest I slipped into High Chaos early on and couldn't go back to low, so in the end I just went on a murder rampage through the levels trying to get all the collectibles and breaking everything. I don't think they meant it to be played that way but it was more enjoyable. Sniping people and throwing whale oil barrels into multiple enemies is far far more enjoyable than sneakysneakyyawnyyawny. Dishonored 2's sneak system is far inferior to Splinter Cell.

13. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

I got a bit obsessed with this game and have completed it about ten times now. I got my no kill + un-spotted completion time down to 3 hours 45 minutes. I agree it's much more fun to make full use of the weapons/powers and just destroy everything and everyone. Have you tried a custom difficulty setting? You can adjust loads of different things within it to make stealth a bit more enjoyable.

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I did not know! But no, I've done it and uninstalled it now. Now waiting for The Outsider

15. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. First game that I did not kill anyone including the final boss. If fact not killing and creeping about was easier than my first playthrough some time ago where I went in guns blazing.

My gripe with this game and I have no idea why or how I did not get Triangle 11 which was at Ruzicka Station I thought I had done every mission but obviously missed this side one as I never went back there. Annoying part is for some obscure reason these collectables do not carry over to a ng+ game and I cannot be bothered playing the game again.

Edit: Just finished the DLC for this game and I can heartily recommend criminal minds which was the best of all three. A bit harder than the main game with a couple of decisions to be made which greatly affect the game. Well worth a playthrough.

Last edited: 11 Sep 2017
  16. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Just finished Witcher 3 a while ago. Wasn't totally happy with the ending I got, but it wasn't disastrously bad. Decided to play through Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine as well, but when I completed Hearts of Stone the B&W start quest vanished from the quest list, so I couldn't start it. Had to go back to a slightly earlier save and basically blow off the final quest of HoS. Bit confused about that.

For the first time ever, I decided I'd try to actually complete the Gwent quest. Was missing one card, still not sure where it is/was.

17. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Also just finished The Witcher 3 for the first time (not yet the expansions though). Very satisfied with the ending I got (a bit bittersweet, but that made it feel right).

What a game. Pretty close to perfect (for what it is) IMO. Was entertained for all 70 hours I've played yet.
    The only small niggles that repeatedly came to mind while playing (the nitpickiness of some of this should give an indication of how good this game is):
    - The fact you can't access your equipment while interacting with a merchant is rather annoying. Say you buy or craft some better gear and want to sell your old stuff; this means you first have to go to the merchant to buy/craft, leave the merchant, switch equipment, talk again to the merchant and then sell. And that's if you buy everything you need in one go (and don't forget anything, like I often did). Too many steps.

- The 15 different gestures all characters seem to use in conversation. Forgiveable given the scale of the game of course. Some of the hand-made animation, especially facial animation in some scenes with Ciri, is some of the best I've seen in a videogame though. Some rather impressive action cutscenes too.
    Loved the ending of the Imlerith fight

- The lack of volumetric clouds (in the skybox). It probably sounds silly but I really noticed this. The lighting this engine manages to render is astoundingly gorgeous at times, but every time you look up it becomes obvious it's all smoke and mirrors.

- The lack of a truly grand soundtrack. Subjective and unreasonable? Yes, definitely. The main witcher motif is great and I particularly enjoyed the music at Kaer Morhen, but I can't help but wish for something more which would've made the game unforgettable. I feel the choir that's already in the score is a bit underutilized. Not every soundtrack can be as inspired as Journey's (Austin Wintory), or memorable as, say, Ni No Kuni's (Joe Hisaishi) of course, but a man can dream...

Last edited: 4 Oct 2017
  18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Dishonored Death of the Outsider. Satisfying, especially after just finishing #2. Really enjoyed the contract system.

Next finishing classic Splinter Cell. Really should buy and play Witcher 3..

19. K4torz

K4torz What's a Dremel?

Bioshock. Just finished my third playthrough yesterday. Call me a devil since I got the worst ending and you know what that means.

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

You are a bad person :grin: