1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam XCOM 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pete J, 10 Sep 2015.

1. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Been a while since I last played the game but this gave me a good enough excuse...

XCOM 2: War of the Chosen

Only had a brief play but it appears the horrendous lagging bugs that the game suffered from have been squished! Overall the game just feels much tighter.

2. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yes, I may have to invest in this... Bloody £35 for a DLC pack though, they seem to have pulled the same trick that they did with Enemy Within. In fairness though, Enemy Within was worth it - if War of the Chosen is anywhere near similar then it'll also be worth it.

3. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

There are always ways and means to reduce the retail price. I was lucky and scored it for around £26 when some discount codes were doing the rounds.

Green Man Gaming have it for under £30 at the moment. I believe you just need to register for an account to get VIP status for this price! I've been playing the game for a few hours now and it does play like a different game. Initial impressions, it is enough of a new experience to warrant the price tag.

4. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Bought it earlier, downloading now (all 57GB of it!!) - looking forward to it.

5. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

57 gig just for war of the chosen? Or is that for both xcom 2 and WotC?

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Both, it seems.

7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The photo booth feature is pretty neat - well it amuses me anyway :grin:

[​IMG]

8. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

When this game goes badly, it goes very badly. Conversely, when it goes well it's extremely satisfying :grin:. Probably wasn't a good idea having the "Alien Hunters" DLC enabled when I've never fought the alien "kings" before!

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Hell yes. Hell f---ing yes.

[​IMG]

I left it waaayyyy too late to take on the Assassin (she was first to go). Lost my seriously high-ranked Spark - and got almost all my soldiers gravely wounded - when taking out the Hunter. But I barely took a scratch when taking down the Warlock; every single soldier had a mind shield (his psi abilities are strong, yo), but he didn't even get chance to take a proper action before he went down like a sack of turds. And to top it all off my Avatar Project counter is only at three - extremely satisfying.

Of course knowing this game, that won't last for long: I've still got two out of three alien monarchs to deal with (must not keep forgetting the damn freeze grenade!) and I've started encountering Gatekeepers...!

11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Effing Gatekeepers!

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Those things are tough. So. Much. Armour. I got very lucky the last time I saw one: a missile, three overwatch shots, two sword attacks, and an exploding fuel tank (set off by one of the sword attacks) made short work of it.